Page 616 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 ... LastLast
Results 15,376 to 15,400 of 27108
    When I was looking for a house in Teton Valley last year I looked at a house in a certain golf course community but passed on it.

A house with the same floor plan and a similar lot came on the market last week for 50% more than the one I looked at last year. It went under contract to an all cash offer in two days.

Good to hear inventory is coming up in other places. Seems like Teton Valley still has a buying frenzy happening because of a lack of inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    The savings will be offset by $80 tram add-ons.
    Ha. Not for Gold Pass royalty such as myself.

I gotta say, having already made my room reservations for next season, I was pleasantly surprised at the deals I got. Way cheaper than last year, maybe because I made them in the spring rather than waiting until August. But seriously, if I can stay overnight at those rates, no way would I ever consider buying a place there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    When I was looking for a house in Teton Valley last year I looked at a house in a certain golf course community but passed on it.

A house with the same floor plan and a similar lot came on the market last week for 50% more than the one I looked at last year. It went under contract to an all cash offer in two days.

Good to hear inventory is coming up in other places. Seems like Teton Valley still has a buying frenzy happening because of a lack of inventory.
    At the end of the day, and when all the cows have come home, it all comes down to supply and demand. And those 3 words that every dirt pimp repeats; location, location....location.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hborhoods.html

Yay! Timeshare single family homes!!!
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    $800k for a long in the tooth mobile home in North Bend, anyone?
    https://www.redfin.com/WA/North-Bend.../home/55551964

Security camera monitor in the kitchen is a nice touch - do you think they're cooking meth or growing weed?
    Meth. It’s North Bend.

Actually not too bad for 6 acres with that view. Keep the in ground pool and tear down everything else.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Open houses coming back in Ca. That helps me looking around. I only need Redfin rep for one or two stops.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    At the end of the day, and when all the cows have come home, it all comes down to supply and demand. And those 3 words that every dirt pimp repeats; location, location....location.
    Yeah, but, it's the same location location location as four years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Open houses coming back in Ca. That helps me looking around. I only need Redfin rep for one or two stops.
    Where you looking?

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Where you looking?
    Inland Empire East Sac, EDH, GB, Folsom.

Inland Empire East Sac, EDH, GB, Folsom.
    My cousin’s wife was recently the Mayor of Folsom. Lemme know if you want info…

Pics? You know how this works right?

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Pics? You know how this works right?
    You don’t want pics. Staying positive: she is smart and a good mom. If TGR wife standard is a 7 at the top end, then what’s the low end of acceptability?

If TGR wife standard is a 7 at the top end, then what’s the low end of acceptability?
    Depends on how far upstate one is.

What is interesting here in San Diego is that the ability to have open houses seems to have cooled the market. When everything was appointments, people’s bias for scarcity was amped up. Oh, I have to get a 15 minute slot. Everyone is looking and here comes the next. It flipped people’s lid. Now that the scarcity principle is not getting triggered as bad, I see a lot of homes sitting, selling for less than asking, and inventory rising. I am supposed to close next week on my sale and hoping my buyer doesn’t walk from his earnest money. I am pretty sure I would not get the same money if I have to go back on the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m guessing it’s agents hoping to work dual or fishing for clients because low inventory. But, anecdotally it’s slowed down according to some

Out here in Idaho we've been wide ass open for months and it hasn't hurt us yet.
    Live Free or Die

Similar to Lodi, the song which made the city famous gives a good hint as to how desirable it is to live there....

On a fun note, my parents friends apparently just moved to Sultan, WA for retirement from their current house in Palo Alto, CA. For anyone who knows these two cities, you can understand how dumbfounded i was. That's the real estate equivalent of Cristiano Ronaldo settling for a mountain town 4.

Sultan is pretty backwoods. Amazing kayaking though.

People commute into microsoft in Redmond from Sulton. Not backwoods, upper tech management with castles on rivers, just like North Bend. It's a pretty interesting dichotomy between the long term meth cookers and new money tech bros.

Maybe it has changed so I'll try to stay in my lane. Other than rich bro tech castles, is it still in the woods with a couple dives bars, a pizza place, meth cookers, and a mill? Or did the Michelin restaurants follow the tech money?

I'm not sure what is going on in Summit CO, if things have peaked or no...

Demand is still insane in the <800K range from what I hear, but above that it seems to be dropping off in demand with things staying on the market for weeks or months and some having price drops.

The usual gnashing of teeth from the folks who are understandably anxious about being able to get someone to accept their offer for something they could nominally buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    People commute into microsoft in Redmond from Sulton. Not backwoods, upper tech management with castles on rivers, just like North Bend. It's a pretty interesting dichotomy between the long term meth cookers and new money tech bros.
    It's a symbiotic relationship. Tech bros need their meth too.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    I'm not sure what is going on in Summit CO, if things have peaked or no...

Demand is still insane in the <800K range from what I hear, but above that it seems to be dropping off in demand with things staying on the market for weeks or months and some having price drops.

The usual gnashing of teeth from the folks who are understandably anxious about being able to get someone to accept their offer for something they could nominally buy.
    Speaking of which, I haven't heard much about the town of Breck. It all seems to be Aspen this, Vail that, Telluride, and Steamboat. But all the high flying, cash waving Titans of Tech & Industry have spent some of their wads.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Similar to commuting lawyers and the Tacoma Hill?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Maybe it has changed so I'll try to stay in my lane. Other than rich bro tech castles, is it still in the woods with a couple dives bars, a pizza place, meth cookers, and a mill? Or did the Michelin restaurants follow the tech money?
    No snazzy restaurants, but a lot fewer lower middle class. The timber industry and mills are largely gone, farms too, so it's nice developments and enormous estates mixed in with the meth soaked last remnants of extraction industries.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<