Page 371 of 1084 FirstFirst ... 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 ... LastLast
Results 9,251 to 9,275 of 27076
    What prices are going to do only matters if you're buying or selling soon otherwise who gives a fuck. My sister in law and her dumb ex had a nice place in Evergreen CO. His job transferred him to Tennessee so dumb as rocks sold the house at a loss and paid the loss from their savings to not fuck up his security rating. I told the dumb asses to hold and rent it out, but noooooo, we don't want to be landlords. Lets just flush our down payment and another $35k down the toilet to sell in a down market. And the idiots wonder why they live in a trailer park now. They always pissed every dime away with bad decisions.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    it's pretty well known that he lives in one of your locals spots, Summit Cty. He also has a place in Eagle, IIRC.
    Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    What is not true about what I posted?
    Keep on keepin' on with the stupidity. You'll probably never get it.

Well, we ended up renting on the eastside of Seattle for 1 year. (This was always my position, but I needed to wait until my wife came around and came up with the idea to rent...) The PDX house goes on the market in the next few days and hopefully sells soon. No offense to you homeowners in Seattle...but I hope the market drops in Seattle this next year when our lease is up and we are in the market to buy. I'm not holding my breath.

Alternatively, I would take the entire tech industry adopting a work from home forever model, in which case we scrap the above plan and move to Bend to fight it out with the retirees.

^^^ not having SEA gridlock all day every day would sure be better for the planet too.

@ liv2ski, what makes the "dumb ex" really dumb is having a job that can relocate you against your will, without relocation insurance being part of your compensation.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    What prices are going to do only matters if you're buying or selling soon otherwise who gives a fuck. My sister in law and her dumb ex had a nice place in Evergreen CO. His job transferred him to Tennessee so dumb as rocks sold the house at a loss and paid the loss from their savings to not fuck up his security rating. I told the dumb asses to hold and rent it out, but noooooo, we don't want to be landlords. Lets just flush our down payment and another $35k down the toilet to sell in a down market. And the idiots wonder why they live in a trailer park now. They always pissed every dime away with bad decisions.
    I feel like you know due to your profession that not everyone can float multiple mortgage payments (or 1 mortgage and pay rent in their new location).

I would also argue that being a landlord of a property over a thousand miles away is much more difficult than being one to a property close by.

I'm with Ted though, the real mistake was thinking he was beholden to that one job. Unless he is a professional athlete I would personally have looked for work elsewhere. I get it was probably back in 09 or something so times were different for the job market but it probably would have been cheaper to live off savings for a year till you found another job than take the bath.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keep on keepin' on with the stupidity. You'll probably never get it.
    I am not the bitter one here, so I am not the one who needs to "get it"

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I feel like you know due to your profession that not everyone can float multiple mortgage payments (or 1 mortgage and pay rent in their new location).

I would also argue that being a landlord of a property over a thousand miles away is much more difficult than being one to a property close by.

I'm with Ted though, the real mistake was thinking he was beholden to that one job. Unless he is a professional athlete I would personally have looked for work elsewhere. I get it was probably back in 09 or something so times were different for the job market but it probably would have been cheaper to live off savings for a year till you found another job than take the bath.
    I think they left CO in the 90's when the local market sucked due to a downturn in energy companies???? Not real clear on when this all went down. Regardless, he didn't HAVE to move, he wanted the promotion, so as Ted stated why not get the employer to pay the loss, er, cuz they didn't want him that bad. They just always did the exact opposite of us and that is why they don't have shit, we do and they are pissed about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Everybody is one bad investment decision away from living in a trailer park. Some just seem to have a knack for it.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Everybody is one bad investment decision away from living in a trailer park. Some just seem to have a knack for it.
    Actually, more than half of the population have no ability to invest, because they have no money.

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    Speaking of bitter....if you go back to page one of this thread you will see this Benny character started this very thread in 2006 out of bitterness and 14yrs later.....nothing's changed.
    lots has changed. Some markets have crashed. Some have taken off. Humping bennys leg is still what limpdicks do to fit in.

oh, and this board is 14 years older, middle aged, and the homeowners with equity need to think they are geniuses. I mean, there’s more than a bit of survivorship bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Actually, more than half of the population have no ability to invest, because they have no money.
    If you make any money at all you can save something. Or spend it on cigarettes.

If you make any money at all you can save something. Or spend it on cigarettes.
    “Qu’ils mangent de la brioche”

Or since we're Google translating French here now.

"laissez-les fumer des cigarettes"

Or since we're Google translating French here now.
    Using the royal we again? Try harder timba.

Listing my home

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	K1000142.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	333124

Could be worse. Make a series of bad investment decisions, and you're living in a make shift tent, down by the river, next to the van...
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Good luck 4M. Looks nice. To me it could really use like an inexpensive pale-colored patterned rug, like maybe sorta navajo-ish, not real big, just to break it p a little, and a real coffee table. You don't want people focusing on what's not there, so just check those boxes and they'll probably make you money. But whatever, nice-looking pad.

Our place sold btw since I'm in this thread. But closing's not until September so anything could happen. Got over 95% of asking, which we put a little bit high for negotiation purposes in the first place, so pretty much right on the number we wanted.
    Last edited by ötzi; 06-30-2020 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Good luck 4M. Looks nice. To me it could really use like an inexpensive pale-colored patterned rug, like maybe sorta navajo-ish, and a real coffee table. You don't want people focusing on what's not there, so just check those boxes and they'll probably make you money. But whatever, nice-looking pad.
    It's called minimalism.....boomer.

Iceman interior decorates in jeans?

It's minimal to the point it's noticeable, so just take that away with a couple touches. Or don't. I'm an artiste, man. We see things.

Where the hell do you put your drink if you aren't sitting on the left side of that couch (sitter's left)?

see that's the kind of stuff ^^ you don't want a buyer thinking about, you want them thinking about the house and how cool it would be to live there.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Our place sold btw since I'm in this thread. But closing's not until September so anything could happen.
    Then you've accepted an offer, it's not "sold." Hope it works out, that's a long escrow period.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Where the hell do you put your drink if you aren't sitting on the left side of that couch (sitter's left)?
    Perhaps none of his friends need two hands to lift a glass and a table to set it on while they regain their strength.