Page 461 of 1084 FirstFirst ... 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 ... LastLast
Results 11,501 to 11,525 of 27096
    Whew, glad to be done with this process.

Officially listed for 2 days at $775,000. We were the first offer in at $750 and then resubmitted on realtor's advice to $776. 9 offers, we didn't even get a counter (the seller was in my wife's very tiny high school class in this tiny mountain town), going for over $800. About what I figured. It would have been good for us but sooner or later there will be more supply and better options available.

Quote Originally Posted by MCS5280 View Post
    I thought star valley had fiber?
    I'm sure the local convenience store sells fruits, vegetables and Metamucil. Oh, wait you were talking fiber optics. my bad.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by MCS5280 View Post
    I thought star valley had fiber?
    Silverstar got a fat govt handout to run fiber over a decade ago, and is just now rolling it out. Check out their availability here:

https://www.silverstar.com/silver-st...ne-wy-phase-1/

Thayne is the only place in Star Valley currently with fiber and it is about 2 blocks worth and maybe 40 houses. Seriously. Its a joke. But they just got more money through the CARES act, so by 2030 it might exist for another 40 or so houses.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    This is why Starlink is going to be a game changer for rural real estate, IMO.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app
    I'm a Starlink customer. Went from 3.5/1 DSL and now getting regular 150/20. Only issue now is I don't have a 4k TV.

Real Estate Crash thread

Quote Originally Posted by RoooR View Post
    I'm a Starlink customer. Went from 3.5/1 DSL and now getting regular 150/20. Only issue now is I don't have a 4k TV.
    Quick questions: where are you? And does the dish point straight up? I have a client in tall trees and deep valleys who can’t get line-of-site to anything, but he can see straight up...

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Quick questions: where are you? And does the dish point straight up? I have a client in tall trees and deep valleys who can’t get line-of-site to anything, but he can see straight up...
    Outside of Missoula. Points to the NW pretty straight up but not all the way. I had to cut down about 7 trees to get my obstructed time to 0. You can get the app without being able to sign up and there is a field of view thing in there. I believe they are saying the needed field of view will get smaller.

Cool, thanks.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    In the process of selling a duplex that I bought in western NJ in 2016. Income producing in a funky artsy town etc. Selling it for very very slightly above what I paid 5 years ago. Talk about a kick in the balls. Just need to get out while I still can. "Hot market" too lol.

Yeah, file that one under the lessons learned file.

Well, you didn't lose money.

What "funky, artsy town" in western NJ? I did not know that was a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    In the process of selling a duplex that I bought in western NJ in 2016. Income producing in a funky artsy town etc. Selling it for very very slightly above what I paid 5 years ago. Talk about a kick in the balls. Just need to get out while I still can. "Hot market" too lol.

Yeah, file that one under the lessons learned file.
    Lambertville?

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    Lambertville?
    Just up the road. Really small town. Too small clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Just up the road. Really small town. Too small clearly.
    I grew up in T'ville so it was an educated guess. At least it's been producing income for you and hopefully, with minimal maintenance. Good luck with the sale.

How much was the property tax?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    How much was the property tax?
    "Only" $3500/year taxes. Sewer is $2200/year haha.

There are houses in the $1M range on 40 acres 10 minutes from the ski area that pay the same taxes here!

We closed on both our transactions. Upgraded house, mountain bike trails out the door, and less land to care for. Paid $215k more for the new house than the old house but the old house appreciated $100k in 3 years. Our payment is almost exactly what it was on the old house when we originally bought it with a 4.25% interest rate, new rate is 2.375%. Would actually be a cheaper payment except we have way higher insurance costs. Basically lived in our last house for free when you factor in all costs. Not bad for only having it 3 years. We planned on the old house being our forever house but plans change. New house needs a new roof though so...

View from the old house Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2782.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	365643

View from the new
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2950.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	985.5 KB 
ID:	365644

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    We closed on both our transactions. Upgraded house, mountain bike trails out the door, and less land to care for. Paid $215k more for the new house than the old house but the old house appreciated $100k in 3 years. Our payment is almost exactly what it was on the old house when we originally bought it with a 4.25% interest rate, new rate is 2.375%. Would actually be a cheaper payment except we have way higher insurance costs. Basically lived in our last house for free when you factor in all costs. Not bad for only having it 3 years. We planned on the old house being our forever house but plans change. New house needs a new roof though so...

View from the old house Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2782.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	365643

View from the new
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2950.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	985.5 KB 
ID:	365644

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Wow! Congrats! You've had a busy winter!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TGR Forums mobile app

Nice R, great view and sounds like an upgrade all around! Perfect timing on the rates for sure, we close on a refi Friday, 2.125% is almost stealing.

Star Valley Ranch is well over an hour away from any source of income, and requires at least 350 a square to build currently. That doesn't include well, septic, the lot, or sitework.

Yep. That describes almost anywhere expect places with access to a cheap (mostly undocumented) labor pool. Everybody wants affordable housing, environmental sustainability, living wages and restoration of the middle class.

But they also want a custom home with solid surface counter tops and 750sq. ft. of living space per adult. Apparently now, boys and girls can't share bathrooms. A three car garage is small. And oh, while your at it, I'll take two of those houses.

Until public policy incentivizes higher densities and smaller homes, this is gonna be reality. We will see how the new rural transplants can deal with the isolation. I'm already seeing it in my neighborhood. People see you walking the dog and than come outside and want to talk to you. Sure, COVID has something to do with it, but it's a different scene. Suburbia in the mountains only exists in a few places and hopefully that doesn't change too quickly. I get a lot of "people sure are nice around here","Yep...sure are" keep walking.

In case anyone wants to launder some cash - Here's a good opportunity.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-tr...165752058.html

Eric Trump on Wednesday morning tweeted out a real estate listing for a luxurious beachfront home in Florida with an asking price of $49 million, nearly $31 million more than an LLC controlled by Eric and Donald Trump Jr. paid for the property in 2018, when it was purchased from President Donald Trump's sister, Maryanne Trump Barry.

Located next door to Trump's Mar-a-Lago club in Palm Beach, the home is technically owned by 1125 South Ocean LLC, according to the Palm Beach Daily News.

Broker Lawrence Moens started advertising the property as an "exclusive" listing over the weekend, according to the Daily News.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

So, is that a comp price, or did they just get an awesome price a few years ago, because, you know...

Based on the Trump MO; undervalue assets for tax purposes, overvalue for loan purposes.

Well, not really that. But, I'll bet a ton of people offered them assets at really low prices the past few years to curry favor of some sort. And, of course, they bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Based on the Trump MO; undervalue assets for tax purposes, overvalue for loan purposes.
    Sounds like a sound strategy. I invite you to share yours....lol.

Clementine. Great trails. Ride there often when getting out of snow in Reno. Did that house come with a BBQ?

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    Sounds like a sound strategy. I invite you to share yours....lol.
    My strategy is not to get audited by the IRS. But, it sure would be nice to only have a $750 fed tax bill this year.