Page 528 of 560 FirstFirst ... 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 ... LastLast
Results 13,176 to 13,200 of 13981
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I see your kooky, overpriced house, and raise you: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...49691481_zpid/
    aka Tacky Manor

I see your kooky, overpriced house, and raise you: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...49691481_zpid/
    The price must include all that crappy art.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    The price must include all that crappy art.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    There is another one for sale down the street....whats up with the wedding picture?

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5...6588808_zpid/?

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I always remember driving by that place growing up on the way to the beach. Always seemed like a ticky tack "fraud" allegation to me.

The location is pretty stellar. Greenheads are probably ridiculous. Lop off a mill just for that though.
    Yeah, old man Fuller let it go to shit. The new owner brought everything up to snuff. The barn is awesome inside and the old barn office is untouched with all the Dancers Image archives.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Damn! Not even a pool or a pond. A pond would be good for me though.
    There is a pool. Pics 68 through 72. And it's just as "fabulous" as you'd expect.

Where homo sapiens have outgrown their use.
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    There is another one for sale down the street....whats up with the wedding picture?

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5...6588808_zpid/?
    The "Redstone Castle" is actually a gigantic, historic manor that dates back to the turn of the twentieth century. That place is kind of worth $16.9 million. I believe it is zoned to allow for commercial uses, and was a pretty popular spot as a wedding venue around here if you had the cashish. There's even an abandoned ski area on the property.

The ridiculously gaudy place for $21.5 million was built in 1999 by utterly tasteless people and is just a single family home.

I live about 3 miles from both of those places.
    "Hakuna matata, motherfucker!"

The "Redstone Castle" is actually a gigantic, historic manor that dates back to the turn of the twentieth century. That place is kind of worth $16.9 million. I believe it is zoned to allow for commercial uses, and was a pretty popular spot as a wedding venue around here if you had the cashish. There's even an abandoned ski area on the property.

The ridiculously gaudy place for $21.5 million was built in 1999 by utterly tasteless people and is just a single family home.

I live about 3 miles from both of those places.
    Interesting area. Never been down that road...seems like a lot of money in that town.

I went to a wedding at Redstone, stayed in the castle for a few nights. It wasn’t anything overboard, but it was nice. Don’t think I’d pay $16m for it unless I could make it cash positive as a hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    Interesting area. Never been down that road...seems like a lot of money in that town.

It's close enough to Aspen that everything costs more than it's really worth.

Didn't the Redstone just get purchased last year by the group that owns the historic hotel in GWS?

That was about 5 years ago, I believe. Tough property to try to flip for almost 10x what you paid for it.

Huh, looking at this it appears people have not done their homework before moving to Idaho?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	states.png 
Views:	96 
Size:	146.2 KB 
ID:	371749
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I keep seeing that list and it just reaffirms my belief that the average American is dumber than a box of rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    That was my first thought. But at $1.85 million, that's an expensive tear down. Wishful thinking on the owners part, but WTH, might as well go big.
    Oh, shit, you should see what they tear down around here. That's the utility shed.
    Last edited by Benny Profane; 04-16-2021 at 03:52 PM.

The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

Who would have thought that asking people to lockdown at home for almost a year would result in,
    WAIT FOR IT
    People wanting to upgrade to a better home or find a home that is in a better neighborhood.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman
    One in the bush is better than two in the hand ―PG
    What cannot be settled by skiing is not worth debating ―Mike Alder.
    During a nuclear explosion, there is a certain radius where all frozen pizza will be cooked perfectly. ― Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Who would have thought that asking people to lockdown at home for almost a year would result in,
    WAIT FOR IT
    People wanting to upgrade to a better home or find a home that is in a better neighborhood.
    Huh? And yet oddly, I have finally come to really like our home, as we have it exactly the way I like it, the hood is nice to walk the dogs in and it is safe as fuck. All these years I have bitched for a change in venue and now I don't care anymore. Really odd.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Louisiana finished 30th? I guess New Orleans has strong appeal.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Huh, looking at this it appears people have not done their homework before moving to Idaho?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	states.png 
Views:	96 
Size:	146.2 KB 
ID:	371749
    35% of respondents picked dc over dc??
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.”
    Hunter S. Thompson

“I got the degree of Stamp-licker from the Bezuzus Mail-order University”
    Babbitt, by Sinclair Lewis

Those rankings are obviously flawed. Texas (10th) over Montana (18th)? I don't freaking think so. Haha.

Two things: with the methodology they're describing, they needed a huge number of respondents (e.g., you would have to answer 50 individual questions to rate Montana vs. every other state + DC, and that's just one state. Probably can't expect most people to answer that many questions, so you need even more respondents). Note that they didn't say what the sample size was. So who knows if they had enough respondents for the findings to be significant.

Even if they did throw thousands of people at this to achieve statistical significance for small absolute differences, are the results material? Texas at 58% and Montana at 55%...not an important difference even if it's statistically significant.

Having said that, some of the results are interesting, like Nevada being way ahead of New Mexico - must be because of Vegas.

The first question they asked was, "do you have anything better to do for the next 45 minutes?"

Everything else flowed from there

The better of two states for what? Vacation? Taxes? Living?

I'd choose Texas over Montana for ocean beaches.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Two things: with the methodology they're describing, they needed a huge number of respondents (e.g., you would have to answer 50 individual questions to rate Montana vs. every other state + DC, and that's just one state. Probably can't expect most people to answer that many questions, so you need even more respondents). Note that they didn't say what the sample size was. So who knows if they had enough respondents for the findings to be significant.

Even if they did throw thousands of people at this to achieve statistical significance for small absolute differences, are the results material? Texas at 58% and Montana at 55%...not an important difference even if it's statistically significant.

Having said that, some of the results are interesting, like Nevada being way ahead of New Mexico - must be because of Vegas.
    You actually don't need people to do that with this sort of methodology if you have a large sample. You give people a set of randomly generated pairs. They do as many as they are willing. Those results are aggregated. As long as the matchups are random, the aggregation isn't a problem, it just adds a bit of variance.

The assumption here is that the transitive property holds and people are reasonably consistent. So if I prefer Michigan over Iowa and Iowa over Alabama, then I prefer Michigan over Alabama. If that isn't true, then this methodology doesn't work, but it generally holds pretty well and things come out a lot more consistent than having people just rank things.

From the list here though, it looks mostly like a list of places people have enjoyed themselves on vacation. I would like to know if they did any adjustments for how many people from each state responded as I suspect that home state would have a different relationship than the evaluation of the other 50.

That being said, yeah NV! I would not have expected a top 5 finish.

Edit: I just looked it up and 1211 people were asked to choose a winner in 7 matchups each, with none of them seeing the same state twice, so the transitivity isn't as important. of an assumption.

I would have been tempted to through in a Canadian province or a country/state in Asia or Africa, just see if the respondents were paying attention.

Now I know why Danno doesn't want to move. What a beautiful picture.

Name:  Screenshot 2021-04-16 170931.png
Views: 227
Size:  793.8 KB