Page 596 of 1084 FirstFirst ... 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 ... LastLast
Results 14,876 to 14,900 of 27076
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Holy jeebus. Never met Harry irl.
    But he’s a chill dude giving maggots the shirt off his back.

And yet. You tards think he should sell his house for less than market to a “worthy” buyer?

Fuck. Off.
    Well I have skied with Harry and yes he would give you his last dime.

As usual you call people what you actually are yourself. Live2 and Danno get it, you? Not so much. Yes Live2 it was a trick question.

Fucking aye he should wring the last dime from it. That is what I will do when I sell my 1100 sq ft shit box on a acre. That is what people do.

Affordable housing means a different thing to every person and no one has the right to live wherever they want, but those who do live in the mega-desirable locations will find their lives diminished by pricing out the normal people.

Whats the answer to affordable housing? Beats the fuck out of me.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

If the dumbfuck newbie neighbor bitch driving a brand new Land Rover doesn't stop flooring it up the road I live on, she's gonna get dog shit under the door handles real quick. I've got a new puppy who'd be happy to oblige since she already almost hit him.

These fucking transplants are gonna need to WFH and STFITH (stay the fuck in their home) pretty soon here. God damn I hope we have a shitty rainiy summer and freezing ass cold winter soon to drive them off. [/rant]

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    If the dumbfuck newbie neighbor bitch driving a brand new Land Rover doesn't stop flooring it up the road I live on, she's gonna get dog shit under the door handles real quick. I've got a new puppy who'd be happy to oblige since she already almost hit him.

These fucking transplants are gonna need to WFH and STFITH (stay the fuck in their home) pretty soon here. God damn I hope we have a shitty rainiy summer and freezing ass cold winter soon to drive them off. [/rant]
    Bwaahhaa! Took the daughter to the schoolbus stop this morning, and a new guy in his late 20's or so, in skinny corduroy pants walking a very well groomed pomeranian, walked up to the kids. No issues, other than his pup was mobbed by the kids. After a couple minutes of this he says very clearly 'Alright everyone, I have to go and get to work', and walks along the side path of the home down to the basement entrance of the house that happens to be where the bustop is. Never met the new owners yet - house sold this spring - but I guess he us either that, or they put in a very quick basement suite in. I know the previous owner (and renters) and there was no suite down there before. All good, but I wonder if this well coifed young gentleman had ever experienced a winter here in bumfucknowhereville. Best of luck to him either way. Lots of new folk speeding against the limit in the subdivision though as well. Might be pipeline renters/workers, but regardless that kinda behaviour is very annoying.

Times, they are a changing.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    We just need some monorails.
    Just write a catchy song!

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Just write a catchy song!
    obligatory

Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Just in case any Oregon Mags need a roomie.

https://homeshareoregon.org/
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    id just like to point out
    harry gave me a sweet
    church of the present day powder saints
    big sky chapter shirt
    not sure if he wore it 1st
    but i limes to poopfish 4 jesus

and i sold our house to a maggot rtr
    only charged him what we needed to buy this one
    not a penny more
    and i left the 500+ ski fence
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Changing zoning in mountain towns will effect them for centuries.

Wouldn’t getting employers to pay more, be quicker and more effective?
    Bahahahahaha. By 2100 Aspen is going to get about as much snow as Grand Junction does now. I bet those places on Red Mountain won't be worth quite as much when the only skiing in the RFV is above 11000' and is only reliably snow covered from MLK to St. Patrick's Day. That's going to be the reality within my lifetime, if I'm fortunate enough to live a full one.

Glade, you're more upbeat than normal today. Everything ok?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Oh high altitude will be worth plenty without the snow when the highs in Denver look like Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

So when's this crash happening? I'm in forced-downsizing and need to move!
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    It will happen right before you down size. Just let us all know when that is so we can all brace ourselves for the crash. Thanks!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

https://buckrail.com/housing-in-jack...g-communities/

-Rent in Teton Valley went up 60% from the end of 2019 to the end of 2020.
    -It has probably gone up considerably in the first six months of 2021.
    -The front end manager at the grocery store in Driggs told me he and 75% of employees commute from Rexburg, 45 minutes away. They have to bus in employees.

Long term TV mags would know better than I do, but I've been told $300-$500 per bedroom was common up until early 2020.

Most listings now are going for more than $1k per bedroom. Also, I've been told by a dirt pimp friend that Driggs and Alta are becoming more popular than Victor for anyone who works remote because of closer access to the Ghee. Historically Victor was way more desirable because of the easier commute to Jackson. The Jackson commuters are now being forced out of Teton Valley to Ashton, Rexburg and Idaho Falls because Jackson wages don't pay enough to rent or buy in Victor or Driggs anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Errrrrrr...right now. Have preapproval....just waiting to see how much extra I can spend over last week.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Bahahahahaha. By 2100 Aspen is going to get about as much snow as Grand Junction does now. I bet those places on Red Mountain won't be worth quite as much when the only skiing in the RFV is above 11000' and is only reliably snow covered from MLK to St. Patrick's Day. That's going to be the reality within my lifetime, if I'm fortunate enough to live a full one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Oh high altitude will be worth plenty without the snow when the highs in Denver look like Phoenix
    You guys do know this isn't inevitable, right? As in we could still prevent this. It isn't too late. Yet.

Noooo
    Melviiiiiin!

Melvin Brewing, located in Alpine, is currently looking for at least twelve more employees to make it through the summer. In addition, they are trying to find housing for six long-term employees who have been priced out of their rentals in the past few months
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    https://buckrail.com/housing-in-jack...g-communities/

-Rent in Teton Valley went up 60% from the end of 2019 to the end of 2020.
    -It has probably gone up considerably in the first six months of 2021.
    -The front end manager at the grocery store in Driggs told me he and 75% of employees commute from Rexburg, 45 minutes away. They have to bus in employees.

Long term TV mags would know better than I do, but I've been told $300-$500 per bedroom was common up until early 2020.

Most listings now are going for more than $1k per bedroom. Also, I've been told by a dirt pimp friend that Driggs and Alta are becoming more popular than Victor for anyone who works remote because of closer access to the Ghee. Historically Victor was way more desirable because of the easier commute to Jackson. The Jackson commuters are now being forced out of Teton Valley to Ashton, Rexburg and Idaho Falls because Jackson wages don't pay enough to rent or buy in Victor or Driggs anymore.
    While I have no doubt about the rental increases Broulims has bussed cheap labor in for at least 15 years. They like cheap teenagers and the like from Rexburg and always have, then sell you shitty produce at a mark up that would make Albertson's blush.

That is really interesting on Driggs. Alta has always been a quiet little tax haven but Driggs being more popular than Victor is a new one.

"We don’t have Jackson wages here in Star Valley." - The Melvin Girl. It always amazes me when businesses shoot themselves in the foot. Open your damn eyes and realize Star Valley or Driggs are not backwaters anymore and if you want to stay in business you need pay living wages. The woe is me attitude about finding employees while they bitch about having to pay more is pretty tone deaf. Melvin makes good beer but seems to hire bros with sexual assault problems (which certainly doesn't help hiring) and the owner drives a kitted out Sprinter and is bitching about costs. Thai Me Up their restaurant has a line out the door every night, the business can afford to pay more.
    Live Free or Die

I've got a new puppy who'd be happy to oblige since she already almost hit him.
    You let your puppy run in the road or she drove onto your lawn?

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    You let your puppy run in the road or she drove onto your lawn?
    No, the puppy was on a leash and was startled by the SUV driving by us at 40+ on our residential side street.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    "We don’t have Jackson wages here in Star Valley." - The Melvin Girl. It always amazes me when businesses shoot themselves in the foot.
    Own foot shooting is Melvin's specialty. If they were to go out of business entirely, not a single tear would be shed in this town.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    While I have no doubt about the rental increases Broulims has bussed cheap labor in for at least 15 years. They like cheap teenagers and the like from Rexburg and always have, then sell you shitty produce at a mark up that would make Albertson's blush.

That is really interesting on Driggs. Alta has always been a quiet little tax haven but Driggs being more popular than Victor is a new one.

"We don’t have Jackson wages here in Star Valley." - The Melvin Girl. It always amazes me when businesses shoot themselves in the foot. Open your damn eyes and realize Star Valley or Driggs are not backwaters anymore and if you want to stay in business you need pay living wages. The woe is me attitude about finding employees while they bitch about having to pay more is pretty tone deaf. Melvin makes good beer but seems to hire bros with sexual assault problems (which certainly doesn't help hiring) and the owner drives a kitted out Sprinter and is bitching about costs. Thai Me Up their restaurant has a line out the door every night, the business can afford to pay more.
    Wages certainly should go up for local employees, but when rooms are $1,500 per month it would take about $30 per hour to afford it

We recently hired a cleaning person at $45 per hour. Not a cleaning company, just a one person cleaning service.

Skilled labor is in serious short supply. I need a 220 line installed at my house and all electricians who work in the valley that I've been able to get ahold of are booked out until at least August. There is one guy who had a cancellation and can hopefully help next week.

I'm not sure where this ends, but it feels like the days of "just live in TV if you can't afford Jackson" are long gone.

No, the puppy was on a leash and was startled by the SUV driving by us at 40+ on our residential side street.
    A flaming bag of shit for her then. Goddamn yuppies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Own foot shooting is Melvin's specialty. If they were to go out of business entirely, not a single tear would be shed in this town.
    Yeah they went from first to worst faster than I’ve ever seen in the beer industry.

Glad we don't have these problems out East. Our homes have always been unaffordable. You get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Noooo
    Melviiiiiin!

Melvin Brewing, located in Alpine, is currently looking for at least twelve more employees to make it through the summer. In addition, they are trying to find housing for six long-term employees who have been priced out of their rentals in the past few months
    Buy this place....2 bunks per bedroom...12 people....problem solved. Split the mortgage 12 ways and charge the employees that for rent to break even...after 30yrs the brewery owns the place!

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5...94354647_zpid/