Page 432 of 1076 FirstFirst ... 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 ... LastLast
Results 10,776 to 10,800 of 26884
    I feel very fortunate to have 500 MBPS fiber to my house in rural Idaho. The entire town here is getting fiber through some kind of CARES act funding.

I just had a meeting with a coworker outside Barcelona with no latency and HD video. He's a Brit who is waiting out covid at his Spanish house. He's got 300 MBPS fiber in a small Spanish seaside village. The world is changing fast.

I don't see any provider choosing to run fiber up my road anytime soon. It's a mile long with only 5 houses that dead ends at my place.

Some of you might hope for 5G before anything. A friend of mine is running everything off a hotspot.

I live about 16-17 miles from the closest spot with a cell signal. I think it's going to be awhile before 5G gets here.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I live about 16-17 miles from the closest spot with a cell signal. I think it's going to be awhile before 5G gets here.
    Hence the "Some of you" part.....guy who was previously not even commenting on the subject.

Sorry, I didn't realize that this thread with almost 11,000 posts was open to participation by invitation only.

GFYS.

Big fibre optic cable runs through town, but the local provider (Telus) won't run it into the community cause of economies of scale. They bought the local cable provider though, and so are either providing lackluster (but reliable) DSL, or gouging with a cable system that is 30 or 40 yrs old. No fan of Musk himself, but his satellite option will be a game-changer if it holds true.

Sorry, I didn't realize that this thread with almost 11,000 posts was open to participation by invitation only.

GFYS.
    Name:  1287412809002_4771227.png
Views: 1575
Size:  36.9 KB

GFYS.
    Haha! god damn you are a bitch!

Ok, which of you dentists threw down for the last Cimarron memberships? And can you please invite me to join you? https://coloradosun.com/2020/11/16/c...ing-sells-out/

Sent from my VS996 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Haha! god damn you are a bitch!

This reply doesn't even make sense contextually, but whatever. Eat shit and choke on it, dude. Hope I can say that to you in person someday.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Ok, which of you dentists threw down for the last Cimarron memberships? And can you please invite me to join you? https://coloradosun.com/2020/11/16/c...ing-sells-out/
    Looks pretty legit:

figured I would bump this to say Bozeman FKNA
    https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...74929657_zpid/
    gone in one day offer above listing. probably should of listed higher.
    off your knees Louie

but it’s cute

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

For what looks like a mish mash of additions.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I sold my house in Golden, CO last month for $780k. A house with the same floor plan on the same (good view) side of the street but without a finished basement went on the market recently at $740k. The house has 1 less bedroom and bathroom than mine did but overall better finishes.

They have now lowered the price to $720k. Are things peaking? Or maybe seasonality?

I'm bullish long term on Front Range Real Estate with open space and trail access. I'm still a little conflicted about having sold my house, so the idea of buying the house in question has crossed my mind.

Why buy it as a rental property Kevo? If you want rentals, try and pick up 2-4 unit properties as the cash flow better.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    I sold my house in Golden, CO last month for $780k. A house with the same floor plan on the same (good view) side of the street but without a finished basement went on the market recently at $740k. The house has 1 less bedroom and bathroom than mine did but overall better finishes.

They have now lowered the price to $720k. Are things peaking? Or maybe seasonality?

I'm bullish long term on Front Range Real Estate with open space and trail access. I'm still a little conflicted about having sold my house, so the idea of buying the house in question has crossed my mind.
    Seems like an overall loss after commission and transaction fees.

Why Golden anyway? Why not buy a nice condo that you can short term and use whenever you want? For that kind of money you could buy a 2br/2ba condo in just about any desirable ski destination in the country and have it pay for itself while appreciating equity.

Why not buy a nice condo that you can short term and use whenever you want? For that kind of money you could buy a 2br/2ba condo in just about any desirable ski destination in the country and have it pay for itself while appreciating equity
    Which is why the whole "affordable housing" idea is such a joke. When I say, "remind me again why we want affordable housing and who is supposed to pay for it", I get a lot of defensive responses and head scratching. So 99% of what local government does increases the cost of housing then on the side they have this little feel good side hustle that does nothing.

Lost in a bidding war today. 4 days on market. Client went 10% over and we lost by a mile. 31 total offers and agent commented he must have turned away another 15. Property ended up 20%+ over ask.
    $600k range in Seattle is pretty fun right now

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Lost in a bidding war today. 4 days on market. Client went 10% over and we lost by a mile. 31 total offers and agent commented he must have turned away another 15. Property ended up 20%+ over ask.
    $600k range in Seattle is pretty fun right now
    2006 all over again

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    For what looks like a mish mash of additions.
    Good chance it's a scraper.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Seems like an overall loss after commission and transaction fees.

Why Golden anyway? Why not buy a nice condo that you can short term and use whenever you want? For that kind of money you could buy a 2br/2ba condo in just about any desirable ski destination in the country and have it pay for itself while appreciating equity.
    Are you in RE sales?

The run-up in prices is similar to 2004-07 but it is harder for me to see the impetus for a correction. The cohort buying in the middle of a pandemic over the last ten months would seem to be more financially secure than the cohort in 2004-07.

Yeah, I don't see it imploding in spectacular fashion again. Back then, literally everything was going gangbusters, even little podunk NH towns and people with liar loans for examples.

This go round, it seems more location specific (popular cities, mountain town real estate, etc) and buyers that actually pass some sort of underwriting review.

That isn't to say there won't be a correction, but it will be more like 5-10% at most. I also think interest rates will continue their downward spiral, and within a decade we will see loans with rates under 1% with points. No way in hell we ever see a mortgage rate over 5 in our lifetimes again.

PS. Are you guys really cash out refinancing again this year? At some point renewing 30 year terms is going to bite you and you gotta pay the thing off eventually right? I'm starting to think its better to just throw a little extra scratch at the principal each month and effectively lower my total interest paid that way.
    Live Free or Die