Page 304 of 1076 FirstFirst ... 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,600 of 26884
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    It's funny to hear complaints about Seattle traffic and how it's gotten terrible the last few years. I lived there for 2 years, over 25 years ago, and the traffic was awful then.
    Yep.

And Microsoft was the villain for ruining everything then.

How long have you been here Glade? I can see how the climate might get you down coming from somewhere with radically different weather. I know I couldn't abide the desert or mid west winters and wouldn't try to.

And honestly life is too short to live somewhere you really don't like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Real Estate Crash thread

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    It's funny to hear complaints about Seattle traffic and how it's gotten terrible the last few years. I lived there for 2 years, over 25 years ago, and the traffic was awful then.
    It’s a big metro city- always gonna have traffic. Add in the water lock preventing you from turning it into a Phoenix street grid for example. All true. But the traffic has really jumped the last bit. Like a lot. We were the most (or one of) influx states for a couple years.

I stayed in Denver driving thru a month ago. Drove the am commute from S Denver -> north I25 to Wyoming and it’s a noticeably more quick moving flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    And for those that think it's the millenials or gen Z moving to mtn towns, um, no. It's boomers. Lots and lots of retiring boomers....with crap tons of cash.
    That's everywhere too. Or at least anywhere desirable.

Millennials are future boomers.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Yep.

And Microsoft was the villain for ruining everything then.

How long have you been here Glade? I can see how the climate might get you down coming from somewhere with radically different weather. I know I couldn't abide the desert or mid west winters and wouldn't try to.

And honestly life is too short to live somewhere you really don't like.
    And Boeing before that, and commercial fishing before that, and gold fever before that, and of course those fuckheads Lewis & Clark who made it “cool” for people to head west. Fuck those fuckers!

And Don’t get me started on the First Nation people.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Eh, I do enjoy getting hyperbolic when I bitch and moan on here. After all, that's part of the fun of the place. Sometimes ya have to blow off some steam.

Related to potential tech crash
    Can anybody tell me why Facebook needs 40,000 employees? They don’t even provide content..

Let's take it back a step further: why does Facebook need to exist at all?

I don’t like people bagging on my hometown but gotta say I do get a kick out of your thoughts / vocab

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Related to potential tech crash
    Can anybody tell me why Facebook needs 40,000 employees? They don’t even provide content..
    You mean then picking up so much commerical space in Redmond in the last 18 months? I think some of it is related to Oculus but I don't think that can be all of it. Seems to be lots of space that's kind of all over

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    You just described the Seattle Metro area as well. You never actually get where you're going out here, you get asymptotically closer to your destination as traffic gets worse and worse, and you either keel over from an aneurysm behind the wheel or say "fuck it, I'm going home, I'll order it online." And even if you don't drive, you're still making matters worse by supporting tech companies who haven't done a goddamn thing to make our lives better, despite blowing smoke up our asses constantly to that effect.

Nowhere is perfect, but some areas as less perfect than others.
    Frankly it's gotten pretty intolerable even where I am (though not to Atlanta standards yet). I have just managed to organize my life in such a way that it has little impact on me (3 mile bike commute for the win!).

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Gotz View Post
    Millennials can’t afford a primary residence. How they gonna by a 2nd home?
    Prime ski area real estate markets are supported by the entire planet, not the local millennials. Yea, appreciation may stagnate for a bit in an economic downturn, but everyone wants a piece. 08 saw a tiny dip and several years of very slow appreciation around CO highcountry. But the low-lands are going to continue to get hot and mountains are paradise.

Now, what about places that will cease to be viable ski areas due to climate change like the NE? Or places that will have less reliable and more marginal seasons like Tahoe? I would bet on CO mtn real estate over those places.

What did happen in 08 is new construction froze, remodels dried up, and all my contractor and construction buds who were buying everyone drinks were suddenly hard up. Actually, almost all of that group of friends and acquaintances either moved or switched their line of work over the following 2-3 years. Ironic that now that I have a place, I seem to know way less people who can work on it.

Hey Canada is talking about a 1% tax on foreign RE ownership eh.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Prime ski area markets are supported by the entire planet.
    yeah, the earth revolves around Aspen and Davos. everyone on the planet doesn't want a piece of your mountain paradise; as climate change reduces the number of feeder regions where people learn to ski the pipeline of people interested in skiing will go down and skiing will decrease. CO might be best of what remains, that's different.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    You mean then picking up so much commerical space in Redmond in the last 18 months? I think some of it is related to Oculus but I don't think that can be all of it. Seems to be lots of space that's kind of all over
    Yes, but, in general. I haven’t worked in the industry or at a company like that before. But when I look at the company from my prism I don’t see how they can support 40k especially with the issues mounting.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    yeah, the earth revolves around Aspen and Davos. everyone on the planet doesn't want a piece of your mountain paradise; as climate change reduces the number of feeder regions where people learn to ski the pipeline of people interested in skiing will go down and skiing will decrease. CO might be best of what remains, that's different.
    Aspen, Breck, Vail, Jackson, Whistler etc.

Yes feeder areas may shutter and the industry in the USA hard at work trying to price out the next generation. But prime areas may close in marginal climate zones shunting those tourists to high mountains of CO, UT, WY. RE appreciation seems sustainable for many decades.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Facebook needs 40k employees to gather and sell your information

One of you nerds needs to find data on car ownership

There are more cars today than ever car ownership is pretty cheap

Mtn real estate is the real deal how many true resort mtn towns are out there? Not many. Plenty of beach towns. People are buying into a lifestyle not just a condo. The lifestyle is driving the real estate

Sent from my SM-J737V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    Mtn real estate is the real deal how many true resort mtn towns are out there? Not many. Plenty of beach towns. People are buying into a lifestyle not just a condo. The lifestyle is driving the real estate
    Huh. It's almost like there's way more interest around the world for beach towns than mountain towns.

the reason you guys argue for infinite increases in price over time, fixed supply, should also suggest the limits of demand.

I don’t like people bagging on my hometown but gotta say I do get a kick out of your thoughts / vocab
    Aww, thanks. Having grown up in New Jersey, I suppose I'm desensitized to people talking shit about where I'm from, and just assume it's like water off a ducks back to everyone.

Yes, but, in general. I haven’t worked in the industry or at a company like that before. But when I look at the company from my prism I don’t see how they can support 40k especially with the issues mounting.
    Really a couple of people to hold the server closet door open and what else do you need.

the other DeVos’ have been trying to sell a disgusting white-house-ish residence on the river by my pops for a few years. i believe the listing has dropped 6-7M so far. feels good to see that. they’re mid external remodel right now and i hope they get absolutely fleeced here before their buddy exits the gold throne.

I get the feeling that things are just bumpin along in our area. Nothing really happening. Occasionally a house sells and it's generally near the listing price, but they also usually spent some time on the market, way more than 90 days on average I'd bet.

I'd love to sell that house but I won't sell it for cheap and I don't want people traipsing through at random times forever.

So I may not sell that house for a while.

Real Estate Crash thread

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Really a couple of people to hold the server closet door open and what else do you need.

Brilliant. When you don’t have a supporting argument, ridicule.

Look there are too many realtors and some are bad. —It’s not difficult to talk real about your profession

a supporting argument
    Here you go....

I haven’t worked in the industry or at a company like that before. But when I look at the company from my prism....

Real Estate Crash thread

I’m trying to understand. Please enlighten us.
    Your supporting argument is: my qualifying statements? Fail.

Fail.
    Internet dentist tells Zuckerberg that his headcount is too high.

Yeah. I see what you mean.

Real Estate Crash thread

Name:  IMG_3473.JPG
Views: 607
Size:  90.7 KB

It’s not like social media has jumped the shark or anything. And everyone trusts Facebook
    Last edited by CascadeLuke; 09-13-2019 at 05:31 PM.