Page 725 of 749 FirstFirst ... 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 ... LastLast
Results 18,101 to 18,125 of 18710
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Just curious - why does this need to be done?
    No range hood.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    No range hood.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Reading FastFred's posts, and I can see why.
    hey know just cause I came home to burn one and post on tgr I think today is going to be a 10k day of waste I hate days like this

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    That’s a lot of typing for people who refused to recognize one of the other factors for housing cost - construction worker productivity hasn’t keep pace with other sectors for decades.
    this is true all kinds of computer nerds and tech people are trying to make the construction industry cutting edge
    ain't gonna happen
    now these guys have phones they play on all day like they are some desk jockey
    the amount of fucking around is painful

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Just curious - why does this need to be done?
    Well, for starters, because I said so. But seriously, the kitchen is dated. Counters are tile, The cabinets could be refinished, but then you have refinished cabinets that look like they belong in a tract housing, and not befitting of someone who has a Ferrari in the garage. Plus, new state of the art appliances are a must.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/t...163709297.html

Remote listings attracted 41.8% of Bend residents’ applications for jobs featured on LinkedIn. And on the list of larger metros, out of a total number of job applications from Cape Coral, Fla., residents, 33.1% were for remote work opportunities.

The places where residents expressed the strongest interest in remote work are also popular vacation destinations. “Your cost of living goes down, but the beach is closer,” said George Anders, LinkedIn’s senior editor at large. “For a lot of people this is just a better deal. You live where you want and then you look for work somewhere else. And thanks to laptops and Skype and everything else you’ve got the ability to stay connected and get a job that could be a thousand miles away from where you’re living.”
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

That's what I was getting at with the 80s tv show reference. The house is as dated as Selleck's shorts.

What percentage of American workers do you think are currently working from home? In March of 2021, 21%. 79% were leaving their home like the old days.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...umbers/620107/

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Well, for starters, because I said so. But seriously, the kitchen is dated. Counters are tile, The cabinets could be refinished, but then you have refinished cabinets that look like they belong in a tract housing, and not befitting of someone who has a Ferrari in the garage. Plus, new state of the art appliances are a must.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker
    That's what I was getting at with the 80s tv show reference. The house is as dated as Selleck's shorts.
    You middle-aged soccer moms are hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Toured this home a few weeks back - Price has been dropping like a stone. RE market definitely has turned down here in Bend, so for those mags who feel like they missed out, now's your chance!

https://www.redfin.com/OR/Bend/2734-...5fbnVtYmVyPTA=
    Well, compared to the houses I've been looking at that thing is a screaming deal. They want over a million for a glorified shed in Santa Cruz. Ott's house is worth a fortune now.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    What percentage of American workers do you think are currently working from home? In March of 2021, 21%. 79% were leaving their home like the old days.

Yeah, but I'm going to guess that % has tripled or quadrupled during the pandemic. Definitely enough to screw up local RE markets even if it's a minority of workers.

Yeah, but I'm going to guess that % has tripled or quadrupled during the pandemic. Definitely enough to screw up local RE markets even if it's a minority of workers.
    if you rtfa they say it peaked at 35% in may 2020. I think it’s more who got to newly work from home (rich techies) than mass of numbers.

if you rtfa they say it peaked at 35% in may 2020. I think it’s more who got to newly work from home (rich techies) than mass of numbers.
    RTFA? Sir, this is a Wendy's.

My bad, I skimmed, but not well enough, clearly.

Peaked at 35% from what is the question.

35% peak from 0%, 5%, 20%?

Not answered in the article afaik.

Oooh, you just know their agent tried to persuade them to hire stagers and they were like "what do you mean? Our furniture is lovely!"

https://www.redfin.com/WA/Bellingham.../home/15758445

Edited to add: what's with the blue undercabinet lighting? Think that's UV for sterilization, or just bad taste?

Wow...
    Name:  1837315_6_0.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  60.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post

From the signs of traffic in the last 6 months I'd agree with that...rush hour is back to rush hour again...just not quite as bad as pre-covid....but still bad.

Oooh, you just know their agent tried to persuade them to hire stagers and they were like "what do you mean? Our furniture is lovely!"

Edited to add: what's with the blue undercabinet lighting? Think that's UV for sterilization, or just bad taste?

Wow...
    Needs more pissing cherubs
    Forum Cross Pollinator

Wow...
    Dat fridge, tho.

Wow...
    I try to talk people into the led lights that change colors all the time just for fun
    the husband is always like hell yeah and the wife is like no way
    you know he wants to get her drunk eat an edible throw on some disco and get funky as the lights change all different colors

Yeah, I guess the ladies don’t want to be as tacky as the diseased hot tub…
    Forum Cross Pollinator

Also, the asking price for that place is bonkers. Unless they get what they're asking, in which case I'll be abandoning all hope of moving up there and staying here in PDX the rest of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    I try to talk people into the led lights that change colors all the time just for fun
    the husband is always like hell yeah and the wife is like no way
    you know he wants to get her drunk eat an edible throw on some disco and get funky as the lights change all different colors
    Hell yes. This is what I want in my next house. Instant disco just like this:

^^BTW, incredible performance by Oscar Isaac in case you haven't seen Ex Machina.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Needs more pissing cherubs
    My “new” half bath. It costs too much to fix.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1632176866.877053.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	386056

I know you're not considering that house, but just as an fyi, you do NOT want to live in Trickle Creek. There's a major hazardous liquid pipeline right behind the houses on the west side of the main road, a second one less than 1500 ft west, and an LNG trunk line about 1000 ft north.

I can't believe the audacity of 700 for that tacky manor. Those houses sold in the low threes when they were built, and were a tough sell at that. Mt Baker Hwy is loud and has 18 wheelers going to/from Canada all day, and in the summer you can hear Hannegan Speedway.

So from what I’ve seen it is basically 3x right now as the pre-COVID number reported by BLS was around 7% from what I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    So from what I’ve seen it is basically 3x right now as the pre-COVID number reported by BLS was around 7% from what I can tell.
    bls added work from home/telework questions as supplemental data may 2020.