Page 787 of 1076 FirstFirst ... 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 ... LastLast
Results 19,651 to 19,675 of 26889
    Here is a legit problem I have and I want to consult the wellto do all caring worldly members of tgr

I was in Aurora this morning and realized I hatemy life but love the smell of halal food and Mexican laundry soap the smell of white people and money sucks

So can doone of two things what would you do

A) I can deed restrict my single family home and get around 100k check to do so unfortunately 100k is chump change sorry not sorry the ded restriction would limit the home tobe sold rented or occupied by a local who is employed in scummit when I go to sell it the earning potential could be limited by the deed restriction this restriction I'd put on it has no Cap'n on appreciation

B) or fuck every one cause 20 years ago I was smart enough to buy a house and I got here before all you sorry fucks and I got lucky so I want my million bucks

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Where is this perfect world you live in?
    I don't claim to live in a perfect world...do you enjoy banging your head against a wall everyday?

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    Here is a legit problem I have and I want to consult the wellto do all caring worldly members of tgr

I was in Aurora this morning and realized I hatemy life but love the smell of halal food and Mexican laundry soap the smell of white people and money sucks

A) I can deed restrict my single family home and get around 100k check to do so unfortunately 100k is chump change sorry not sorry the ded restriction would limit the home tobe sold rented or occupied by a local who is employed in scummit when I go to sell it the earning potential could be limited by the deed restriction this restriction I'd put on it has no Cap'n on appreciation

B) or fuck every one cause 20 years ago I was smart enough to buy a house and I got here before all you sorry fucks and I got lucky so I want my million bucks
    You should do B, but the other faceless bastard should do A. We went thru this when Harry sold his condo in big sky. Were you high that day? oh never mind...

love the smell of halal food and Mexican laundry soap
    I recommend the thicc latina thread for inspiration. Also, make your money little fish.

C) be a Hero. hold a raffle for locals. Sell it for what you paid 20 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Fred, sell it and buy a place in Aurora. You can easily commute to ski Breck on the weekends if you miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    Smart! And then he can avoid capital gains taxes!

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    There we go didn't think of that one
    Thered be a riot it'd be like giving it away could you imagine less than 200k for prime real estate?

But would I have to put the blood stained plywood sub floor back in and tge piss and shit?

Why sell now when the home will be worth $2 million in a few more years.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Why sell now when the home will be worth $2 million in a few more years.
    Could buy a lot of TGR branded bathrobes for $2MM.
    I still call it The Jake.

Or an entire town/neighborhood Upstate. Fredville, NY.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

On the good side of the canal too.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post

And all of these costs will be passed on to the consumer. So remember, if you ever plan on traveling and staying anywhere, it is going to come out of your pockets. So you are advocating for a tax on yourself. The circle of life.
    This is going to come across salty, which is not my intent, but yeah, that goes without saying. If we're going to be adults, we have to advocate for -- or at least accept -- taxes on ourselves. I vote and pay for school bonds even though I have no kids in the schools here because I recognize it's a net benefit for society. (PPS catastrophically mismanages their funds and would benefit from an auditor with some teeth, but that's a separate conversation.) Would I like to not have to pay taxes? Of course! But I recognize paying taxes is the cost of living in a more-or-less civil society, and it's worth it.

If we're not willing to put our money where our mouth is by paying the higher taxes / prices driven by tax increases, then yeah, we should STFU. But I imagine the people advocating for higher taxes on STRs in this thread are willing to pay those higher prices -- I know that I am.

There we go didn't think of that one
    Thered be a riot it'd be like giving it away could you imagine less than 200k for prime real estate?

But would I have to put the blood stained plywood sub floor back in and tge piss and shit?
    Why sell it when you could make a mint using it as an STR?

I vote and pay for school bonds even though I have no kids in the schools here because I recognize it's a net benefit for society.
    You are right but, there needs to be an age cap on having to ante up for education, especially if you chose not to breed. 67 seems right to me.

And even more so since state and local taxes are no longer a Fed deduction.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Fred, sell it and buy a place in Aurora. You can easily commute to ski Breck on the weekends if you miss it.
    Lol Fred isn't allowed at Breck ski resort anymore due to his lifestyle choices.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Lol Fred isn't allowed at Breck ski resort anymore due to his lifestyle choices.
    I didn't think Fred was a snowboarder.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    You are right but, there needs to be an age cap on having to ante up for education, especially if you chose not to breed. 67 seems right to me.

And even more so since state and local taxes are no longer a Fed deduction.
    I mean, I hear you, but once you go down that rabbit hole, it gets messy quick. Some would say they shouldn't have to support the libraries, the cyclists wouldn't want to pay for roads and the drivers wouldn't want to pay for bike paths, etc. etc. I'm willing to pay through the nose for all that crap, just really wish there was a hard-nosed fiscal conservative watching every dime spent like a hawk.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    I mean, I hear you, but once you go down that rabbit hole, it gets messy quick. Some would say they shouldn't have to support the libraries, the cyclists wouldn't want to pay for roads and the drivers wouldn't want to pay for bike paths, etc. etc. I'm willing to pay through the nose for all that crap, just really wish there was a hard-nosed fiscal conservative watching every dime spent like a hawk.
    Where you been? There's a shitload of them on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    This is going to come across salty, which is not my intent, but yeah, that goes without saying. If we're going to be adults, we have to advocate for -- or at least accept -- taxes on ourselves. I vote and pay for school bonds even though I have no kids in the schools here because I recognize it's a net benefit for society. (PPS catastrophically mismanages their funds and would benefit from an auditor with some teeth, but that's a separate conversation.) Would I like to not have to pay taxes? Of course! But I recognize paying taxes is the cost of living in a more-or-less civil society, and it's worth it.

If we're not willing to put our money where our mouth is by paying the higher taxes / prices driven by tax increases, then yeah, we should STFU. But I imagine the people advocating for higher taxes on STRs in this thread are willing to pay those higher prices -- I know that I am.
    Taxing for a purpose, education, vs taxing as the means to stop people from making so much money on STRs is a very different thing. I get that you don’t like STRs. I’m not that big of a fan either, but they do have a benefit to the tourist towns and some of the people in those towns. They just need to be managed realistically. Not taxed out of existence.

I think the school in my neighborhood is annoying. But I don’t vote against paying teachers more with taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I didn't think Fred was a snowboarder.
    Worse than that. He is a free heeler

Primary resident-only STRs (written into zoning code) with strong enforcement (which is easier to do than one may think) is the best way forward regarding STR regulation (evidence that it’s primary can be any two: voter registration card, driver’s license, or tax return).

This naturally limits both the number and the nuisance factor of investor-owned/second (or third) home STRs, while allowing real locals, who make a community tick, to occasionally make some extra money to help pay their mortgages.

Caps aren’t a great solution as they can easily be raised with the political winds, winds that can be controlled by a massive influx of Air bnb/VRBO money into local politics.

That and tax the crap outta them, beyond the typical 8-12% transient room (hotel) tax typically levied on them. Use that money for land banking for affordable housing projects, more parking, and infrastructure improvement (often needed because of tourism impacts).

Residentially-zoned neighborhoods should be actual neighborhoods, not hotel zones or vehicles for speculative investment opportunities.

To say that an influx of STRs doesn’t affect housing prices and availability is as absurd as saying gravity doesn’t exist. It’s econ 101.

Jeezus Christ... seriously? Goddam.

Quote Originally Posted by natty dread View Post
    Primary resident-only STRs
    Yes - this is sorta where the Air BnB stuff started, didn't it? People renting out a room in their residence for some cash... I'd envision this continuing to be allowed. They should still be treated as a BnB per local regulations, though, IMO.

Oh Fred, your poor mother...