Page 374 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 ... LastLast
Results 9,326 to 9,350 of 27101

Real Estate Crash thread

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    What a magnificent shade of brown. Is that burnt sienna?
    Butternut, Sikkens paint (German). $70 a gallon. Wears like iron

I get my TGR on for the first time in a few months and I see not much has changed. I'm not sure I'm why I'm wasting the keystrokes but this place has been on shuffle for decades but here goes.

Benny, just because the mountains are full of vapid douchebags who's lifestyle is funded by someonelse's pot of gold doesn't mean that there ain't a pile of use that put our pants on one leg at a time just like you. Everytime you've been given a road map to life in the mountains, you're all about "yeah but's", and "not willing to sacrafice" and "too far from this that and the other". You make your choices, we make ours. Life goes on.

I have no idea about Name Redacted (Shredgnar's) life and finances. Maybe the dude bought a couple of lucky scratch offs, you cares. This place has always done pretty good with keeping our beefs a little light hearted and internet only. When it gets personal and vindictive and goes offline it gets a bit wierd.

And I have no idea about his ability to live there either, mainly because he is too much of a pussy to tell me, after gloating about it. Dont fucking do that, is all I say. Lucky him if you can live the life, but dont talk to me like I'm some clueless asshole that just doesn't have the balls to move to the mountains and die poor.

Same three ski town dick heads keep resurfacing.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Sikkens is good shit

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Thanks. All the square footage after the two steps down is unpermitted so someone has to buy it as is. I had it inspected for structural integrity. I know that means discount and appraisal trouble and will probably take a large down payment buyer. It’s so much nicer than anything in its price range I’m optimistic.
    So long as the non permitted areas don't have plumbing in them and the appraiser states it was done in a workman like manner, your good to go on a conventional loan.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

. Lucky him if you can live the life, but dont talk to me like I'm some clueless asshole that just doesn't have the balls to move to the mountains and die poor.
    whose dying poor benny?

give it up, you just regret not doing something ballsy like moving west when you were younger, so now you just shit on everyone else who did
    whats that great new phrase "you keeping doing you"

pretend you know what its all about in a ski town from 1500 miles away becuase your friends vacations and market research keep telling you how it is

I'm so happy you're happy, Fred. But, really, stop bullshitting.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...s-in-ski-towns

"Real estate has been on the upswing in ski towns, especially for second homeowners who are using these properties as an investment via short-term rentals. Short-term rentals such as VRBO and Airbnb have contributed to the increase in property values and the shortage of homes available for first-time homebuyers or long-term renters. The rise in property values has drastically increased the gap between the standard ski town wage and the cost of living, forcing many individuals to live in their cars or leave town. Ski towns thrive on tourism, and individuals who work in the tourism industry must be able to survive on minimum wage plus tips, which is becoming increasingly more difficult when housing prices continue to rise in ski towns across the United States. The mixture of seasonal jobs, the housing crisis, and low paying wages can put a lot of financial strain on most individuals living in ski towns. It is difficult to make a liveable wage in ski towns and even harder to find a long-term affordable rental or be able to save for a down payment on a modest townhome.

As the rich as get richer, the poor get poorer in ski towns because of the housing crisis and low wage jobs. The median sales price of a single-family home in Mammoth Lakes is approximately $900,000, while the estimated per capita income is approximately $50,000. This trend is not only seen in Mammoth Lakes but is seen in ski towns (and touristy small towns) across the U.S.

To make a living in these ski towns, many individuals resort to working two to three jobs and living with multiple roommates. These financial burdens can create feelings of stress and depression, which can also potentially add to the increase in suicide rates. "

and...

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/a...alarming-rate/

and...

https://www.outsideonline.com/233556...-towns-durango

and...

https://www.adventure-journal.com/20...ki-town-dream/

"And so, for the gondola operators, bankers, bus drivers, restaurant servers, hotel clerks, reporters and employees of the town’s many nonprofits, it’s a struggle to get a toehold. Some get it — by luck, pluck, or family help. Others, well they leave. I’ve watched many friends do just that — lured by grad school, job opportunities, more affordable locales. By some kind of easier existence. Because the cruel reality is that so much of what makes it appealing to live in Telluride also makes it difficult."

You have a nice home that you appear to take good care of. GLWS.

(genuine question here Benny, not trying to be a dick or bait you into answer that I'll later ridicule you with) What is your dream here? Is it to own a 2nd home to vacation in or are you trying to get out of CT? If the latter, you live in an expensive area, selling your condo and buying a comparable one in a mountain town seems feasible. You don't have to work so the employment thing is moot. (I'm only assuming, you generally don't offer any info about your situation. If you did, you might get somewhere with people here)

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    (genuine question here Benny, not trying to be a dick or bait you into answer that I'll later ridicule you with) What is your dream here? Is it to own a 2nd home to vacation in or are you trying to get out of CT? If the latter, you live in an expensive area, selling your condo and buying a comparable one in a mountain town seems feasible. You don't have to work so the employment thing is moot. (I'm only assuming, you generally don't offer any info about your situation. If you did, you might get somewhere with people here)
    I see you're new around here.

benny solid research buddy so you quote some writers who has never lived in a ski town who just like you use bullshit statistics to make a point

people give up alot to live in a tourist town they make it work the rewards are worth it in their mind

for every asshole who thinks they have it figured out with all their information there are a hundreds of stories of people who make it work one way or another and they don't bitch about it
    I started my work day at 7 this morning and I'll finish around 5pm without much a break other than to prove you are a jealous moron while online

I see you're new around here.
    Sorta, longtime lurker. I just feel like his hangups are my hangups about it. Except for the employment part (i got about 15-20 yrs left), not sure what I'd do out west for comparable or higher pay.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    Not trying to get anywhere. See above post. Always triggered when some well to do white kid tells me what is obviously hard is easy. And, you know, that rich/poor divide that they talk about in those articles is probably just going to get twice as bad in the next decade after what just happened. We'll be living in a double digit UE situation nationwide, and all ski towns will be like Aspen. Good luck finding bartenders and lifties.

Robots, Benny.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    benny solid research buddy so you quote some writers who has never lived in a ski town who just like you use bullshit statistics to make a point

people give up alot to live in a tourist town they make it work the rewards are worth it in their mind

for every asshole who thinks they have it figured out with all their information there are a hundreds of stories of people who make it work one way or another and they don't bitch about it
    I started my work day at 7 this morning and I'll finish around 5pm without much a break other than to prove you are a jealous moron while online
    Dude, you just proved a point. You moved to a paradise to work ten hours a day. We all can work ten or more hours a day in places that have careers that pay three times as much, and living is cheaper. Get it?

Robots, Benny.
    Not far off. No ticket punchers anymore with RIFD. Have you been in a self serve wine or beer bar recently? Replacing patrol with bots is going to be hard, but betcha somebody is working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I get my TGR on for the first time in a few months and I see not much has changed.
    Maybe because that's not true? https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...rchid=24628208

Dude, you just proved a point. You moved to a paradise to work ten hours a day. We all can work ten or more hours a day in places that have careers that pay three times as much, and living is cheaper. Get it?
    I don't know....beats living in CT...seriously.

Not trying to get anywhere.
    LMFAO. Why get so worked up over something you have no intention of doing and assuming the worst about people who are doing a great job of not being a boring ol' biddy? JFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    My realtor wife
    Hey Ted: check your PMs. I've got a question for you.

Put me in the river I’m the sushi king

@ mcphee: Benny wishes things were right and fair for everybody and it bends him out of shape that they're not and a lot of people get irritated that he won't just shut up about it but I see it as laudable except for the fact that he won't ever give it a rest, and also that he sometimes makes wrong assumptions about the people he's talking to. He's not alone in that. He just keeps tilting at them windmills regardless. I find it oddly endearing.

blow me benny, seriously
    I decided to run a business and that's what happens when you choose to be the boss, I sit in front of the computer for three hours in the morning then run around making sure a dozen or more people are doing what they are suppose to be doing I do well over 7 figures a year in business so I might be making ok money?

I have single track out my door that connects to endless amounts of trail that I will happily use after work today, sure I have to goto the grocery store at 9 pm tonight to avoid all the tourons but that's my choice. the ski lift is a 15 min walk out my door what do you have in southern CT? I wouldn't trade for anything

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    @ mcphee: Benny wishes things were right and fair for everybody and it bends him out of shape that they're not and a lot of people get irritated that he won't just shut up about it but I see it as laudable except for the fact that he won't ever give it a rest, and also that he sometimes makes wrong assumptions about the people he's talking to. He's not alone in that. He just keeps tilting at them windmills regardless. I find it oddly endearing.
    The world needs more Don Quixotes.