Page 749 of 767 FirstFirst ... 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 ... LastLast
Results 18,701 to 18,725 of 19165
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Right - And the sooner you lock in that sub 4% 30 year fixed mortgage, the better.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/mortg...160021820.html
    Now THAT could cool the market. But it won't help anyone on the sidelines (unless they have cash). Because the mortgage payment won't change even if the price goes down.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Now THAT could cool the market. But it won't help anyone on the sidelines (unless they have cash). Because the mortgage payment won't change even if the price goes down.
    I'm not suggesting trying to time the market, but if it was possible it would be great to sell out during low rates and buy back during high rates assuming monthly payments stay the same. You'd keep your monthly payment the same and make $$ by extracting money at the high and reinvesting in a down market.

I know of someone who tried to do this in Vancouver BC at "the peak" in 2018. Last I heard he's still waiting on a crash...

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Terrible is relative. A house we were looking at buying to move into (didn't due to some structural issues) sold 2/20 and just sold again for 70% more. Probably doesn't seem bad if you're coming in with your pockets full of big city equity cheddar but tough for the natives. Unless you were already in the game. I doubt it's going to every really get back to pre '20 levels though. Personally, we're in a good spot but many are not if they want to stick around. Such is life. Embrace the change right?
    1/2 of this particular couple grew up in Boise. This couple has lived all over the country building their careers and finally are buying their first home in Boise after scrimping and saving for years and years. Their monthly payment in Boise for a SFH is going to be less than the cost of their apartment in PDX.

One works locally, but the other did have to import a remote job to Boise to make it work though.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Things def seem to have stalled a little bit, curious to see if things that are priced for peak construction cost sell or if dev's lose their asses. These guys put in some cookie cutter townhome down from me with a nice view of Fall River's trash pit, the silent auction 4 at a time is a nice touch.
    Seems like a major risk to develop property at the moment. Even modest trim levels are costing developers $400/sq foot at the moment. Like you said, it's possible that some may end up upside down. I'm not sure if there is enough demand to sell 48 new 1100-1400 sq foot townhomes in Driggs at $600k+.

Hey, no shade on people moving here whether they have roots or not. If I thought that way, I'd be plenty pissed most of the time and I tried that for a bit (probably will see that in my past postings if you look for it). Only pointing out that compared to Portland, CA, TX, Chicago, Seattle etc, it seems pretty reasonable (not terrible in your words). Compared to a lot of other places and local incomes, it's growing out of reach and that includes rents which to me seems kind of terrible. And I doubt prices are going to come down or wages are going to go up for folks like teachers and nurses to be able to afford to buy here.

Out walking the pups this afternoon, one of the neighbors asked if I heard about the house across the street built in 1950, very original but clean and painted on a 100 X 100 lot. I said I thought he took it off the market after a couple of weeks of no offers? Nope, almost $1M over the asking price of $3M for an obvious tear down
    Unbelievable...
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

X

The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    yeah, I noticed that when we listed our house 3 months ago, the zestimate remarkably changed to match our asking price.
    I think it’s they don’t want to be sued.

Zestimate magically jumps to listing price.
    Then slowly decays if it doesn’t sell.

Seen it dozens of times.
    “I’m a subhuman jizz monkey”

Thx mods. It’s an awesome signature.

Not even a hint of a slowdown in Crested Butte. I listed a condo at $800sf last week and immediately got a bunch of offers. Unlike what Kevo is talking about in Driggs, there are no big developments here, or on the horizon. If there were 48 townhomes at $600K here, they would all be under contract in a day. There is no inventory. None. And it keeps shrinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    X
    ....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1633667154197.jpeg 
Views:	112 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	389619

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Pro Tip: fix bullet hole in front window, then list for sale.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fixhole.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	145.7 KB 
ID:	389777

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    House flippppers are the bottom of the barrel in construction fast shitty cheap big profit shit work cant be overstated

Seems like buying over priced property and trying to flip cheap work didn't work out for the bean counters at zillow

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Pro Tip: fix bullet hole in front window, then list for sale.
    Haha, that's a good one. That looks to me as though the bullet went from inside to outside...am I wrong about that?

It's looks counterintuitive, but that's an out to in. The projectile bends the glass sending radial cracks outward on the back side. The resulting shards break off of the (now longer) back side.

Name:  bentglass.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  115.9 KB

Bullet was for comedic effect though. There's a pretty good chance it was just a weed-wacker throwing a rock at it.

Bullet was for comedic effect though. There's a pretty good chance it was just a weed-wacker throwing a rock at it.
    That's better than a shitbag kid with a BB gun, which is what we had in my neighborhood growing up. Littler twerp put a hole like that in a 5' x 5' picture window at the front of the house when I was in diapers, and I think it was still there when I was finishing up grade school.

Is that a B'ham listing? I thought I was looking at them all, but I missed that one. It's been slim pickings this week.

Yeah, it was this one

I was at Dark Haggen anyway, so I drove by out of curiosity. I used to be friendly with the guy who lived there (years ago) because we were both into old motorcycles, so I had been in the garage, but never in the house.

Yeah, it was this one

I was at Dark Haggen anyway, so I drove by out of curiosity. I used to be friendly with the guy who lived there (years ago) because we were both into old motorcycles, so I had been in the garage, but never in the house.
    Oh damn, we did look at that one, just didn't recognize it. Almost asked our agent to do a walkthrough, but we decided it's just a little too funky. Weird choices in that converted garage - fancy inlaid floor and cinderblock walls? I am pretty fascinated by that lazy Susan closet though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1853517_24_0.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	120.8 KB 
ID:	389806

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    House flippppers are the bottom of the barrel in construction fast shitty cheap big profit shit work cant be overstated

Seems like buying over priced property and trying to flip cheap work didn't work out for the bean counters at zillow

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk
    Pretty easy to spot a flipper home. It's got Lowe's and/or HD DIY written all over it. py paint jobs where you can tell someone hardly bothered to prep or tape before hand. No symmetry. Each room looks like someone else designed it. Cats and dogs living together. Mass hysteria!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Pretty easy to spot a flipper home. It's got Lowe's and/or HD DIY written all over it. py paint jobs where you can tell someone hardly bothered to prep or tape before hand. No symmetry. Each room looks like someone else designed it. Cats and dogs living together. Mass hysteria!
    I see that HGTV look in a lot of flips, where all the walls are dove gray and they have the same LVP flooring through the whole house. Barf. It already looks shitty, in 10 years it will be as appealing as the worst 70s design.

Flips in this town seem already dated. It's like they were watching HGTV reruns.

Yeah that house with the broken window looks promising (and strange) online, but neglected IRL

"Barn wood" and grey walls.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    I see that HGTV look in a lot of flips, where all the walls are dove gray and they have the same LVP flooring through the whole house. Barf. It already looks shitty, in 10 years it will be as appealing as the worst 70s design.
    I don't know what LPV flooring means, but, if it's the run of the mill composite everywhere in the house, then, yup. First sign of flipping.

The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    "Barn wood" and grey walls.
    Which is why my house is getting new floors in a few years and most rooms repainted. Fucking assbag flippers. If I ever meet the guy that did our house...

Lol, it worked why should he care?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Which is why my house is getting new floors in a few years and most rooms repainted. Fucking assbag flippers. If I ever meet the guy that did our house...
    If zillow ruined the house market, pinterest is nearly singlehandedly responsible for the ruining of home renovation.