Page 895 of 906 FirstFirst ... 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 ... LastLast
Results 22,351 to 22,375 of 22644
    Cap gains tax differences and loopholes in general need to be eliminated.

1031s are only tax deferment. I believe the original intent was encourage residential rental properties. Obviously it isn't working out like that. The tax code, mortgage industry etc. is just one giant loop hole being exploited to the determent of many.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    1031s are only tax deferment. I believe the original intent was encourage residential rental properties. Obviously it isn't working out like that. The tax code, mortgage industry etc. is just one giant loop hole being exploited to the determent of many.
    Yes.. The lawmaking caused by the legalized bribery by lobbyists should be made illegal.. But it won't be because conservatives want to keep expanding legalized bribery.. And the liberals are not much better than the conservatives in that matter.
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    sustainable for the local economy is meaningless drivel
    Not for non-resort/vacation towns. There are other types of hot markets out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Not for non-resort/vacation towns. There are other types of hot markets out there.
    every market has a balance of buyers entering, sellers leaving, and a “local” group of “locals” buying in, and current area home owners trading up. What matters is who these are with what money. Many markets are unaffordable to locals

Brilliant!

They’ve had 100 year mortgages in Japan since the nineties

Trust boomers to find the new and innovative ways to fuck over future generations.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Cap gains tax differences and loopholes in general need to be eliminated.
    Really? Of all the bullshit going on in this country, that is what has you REALLY pissed off?

Trust boomers to find the new and innovative ways to fuck over future generations.
    Feeling a little angry huh? And ya, it is the boomers that want 50 & 100 year loans.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Isn't the daily mail a click bait celebrity gossip rag?

Anyway, reading the article it looks like the UK already has 40y mortgages, and this is an attempt to convert "Generation Rent" into first time buyers.

Hey Ted, did you see the New York Times just did a story about how awesome Bellingham is to visit? I'm sure all the Bham locals are stoked to have that exposure!

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Isn't the daily mail a click bait celebrity gossip rag?

Anyway, reading the article it looks like the UK already has 40y mortgages, and this is an attempt to convert "Generation Rent" into first time buyers.
    I don’t mind the daily Mail.
    It actually has more legit US news than CNN or Faux or Reuters etc.

The right side is all titties and celebs.

The left column is actually decent info sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    The right side is all titties and celebs.
    Their algo knows me all too well!

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Hey Ted, did you see the New York Times just did a story about how awesome Bellingham is to visit? I'm sure all the Bham locals are stoked to have that exposure!
    Yeah, and the local reddit sub was apoplectic.

I get the feeling that the author hasn't actually been here. Go to Whatcom Falls and Cornwall Park? Are they driving a clapped out RV that's also their home? And do they need to score both meth AND heroin? Seems excessive.

Anyone with even a passing knowledge of our massive green space / trail network / wilderness would laugh their ass off at those suggestions.

And she didn't even mention Western's most infamous sculpture: Man Humping Bear
    Name:  EaL-WGWVcAAJRxN.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  50.9 KB

The Horseshoe is a "popular brunch spot"? lol, there's no way she ever sat in one of those booths.

Even the pictures weren't even remotely representative of what it's like here. Honestly, this was a collection of Bellingham 'institutions', ocean views, and the recently-reviewed-elsewhere. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if the entire piece was fabricated from other people's social media, and interviewing her friend who visited once.

The bear seems to be enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Really? Of all the bullshit going on in this country, that is what has you REALLY pissed off?

Feeling a little angry huh? And ya, it is the boomers that want 50 & 100 year loans.
    Boomers are the shitheads likely coming up with this stuff and causing the crises we see in affordability as they've just been asleep at the wheel in terms of ensuring any level of useful housing growth. Most are too busy nimbying it up.

As far as cap gains - income is income. Why should a stockbroker or rich person pay less because of the vehicle they happen to use?
    It's just dumb incentives for finance people to be ev n bigger fucksticks

Boomers are the shitheads likely coming up with this stuff and causing the crises we see in affordability as they've just been asleep at the wheel in terms of ensuring any level of useful housing growth. Most are too busy nimbying it up.

As far as cap gains - income is income. Why should a stockbroker or rich person pay less because of the vehicle they happen to use?
    It's just dumb incentives for finance people to be ev n bigger fucksticks
    Boomers are hitting retirement. These products are likely the result of a bunch of GenXers at this point.

Whatever floats your anger Schuss. I have much bigger fish scaring the fuck out of me.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Visiting and living are two different things. NYC is a nice place to visit. Wouldn't want to live there.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Huh, I am not really even a fan of the visit. Out of the city has some beautiful places to be.

Whatever floats your anger Schuss. I have much bigger fish scaring the fuck out of me.
    Anger is useless, just calling a spade a spade here. There's no reason cap gains should be a preferential mechanism to salary and you can't exactly pin the last 20 years of policy decisions on gen x or millennials.

I have no desire to explain economic policy to you. Think about it though, for most people a home is their #1 way to accumulate wealth. Policy is set up to encourage home ownership whether you agree or not.

Once you go to 50 or 100 year mortgage you’re just a renter. All your wealth only comes from inflation.
    Which is huge these days.

Loving my 20 year commercial loans. Will be pure gravy no debt pretty soon.

I have no desire to explain economic policy to you. Think about it though, for most people a home is their #1 way to accumulate wealth. Policy is set up to encourage home ownership whether you agree or not.
    Any lose wealth also? It's a leveraged tax advantaged investment that you happen to live in. I'm not sure why we as a society undersell the downside risk. Besides HELOCs and 2nds, the only way to convert home equity into cash is to sell. But then you need a place to live.

vanlife.!.?