Page 811 of 1076 FirstFirst ... 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 ... LastLast
Results 20,251 to 20,275 of 26889
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Wow! A 100 acres would be nice, but that is a lot of money.
    Not if you tug on your bootstraps and work hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    You guys wanna see crazy increase in value?

Looked at this on paper for a client when it was listed a couple years ago. Sold for $2.5 M

Zillow now thinks $6.5M

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6...ource=txtshare

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    That's a lot of house to power "off the grid".

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    You guys wanna see crazy increase in value?

Looked at this on paper for a client when it was listed a couple years ago. Sold for $2.5 M

Zillow now thinks $6.5M

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6...ource=txtshare

Whoa.

That place is fucking *hideous*...

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Wow! A 100 acres would be nice, but that is a lot of money.
    Backs on to national forest. Near Aspen.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Whoa.

Yeah. How someone thought that was worth building there in God’s beauty…

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Whoa.

ooofaah that roof line

Whoa.

Far from the worst I've seen, but does miss the mark. Seems like they weren't sure whether they wanted it to look like an English manor or something more modern and got stuck somewhere in between.

It's like someone had their Monopoly houses and apartments on the same property and decided that was a good look. That said, I don't mind it at all. I think my standards are in the shitter after looking for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    ooofaah that roof line
    Srsly.

It was built in 2008 but looks like something from the suburban 90's.
    Waste of views in that place.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Far from the worst I've seen, but does miss the mark. Seems like they weren't sure whether they wanted it to look like an English manor or something more modern and got stuck somewhere in between.
    I do like the dry, weedy... courtyard?

Name:  snowmass-house1.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  24.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    I think you are both right- @yeaman and liv2ski
    Housing/ Real estate is cyclical but the cycles were extremely disrupted by covid so it's somewhat new territory.
    But things will slow down at some point and when it does, it will appear to be a huge drop bc of the huge growth it's compared against
    covid upended interest rates, large swaths of people's behavior, govt moratoriums on rents, guaranteed income for a short period. All big if not somewhat unprecedented disruptors
    I have no answers but definitely think about it a lot lol.

Entering into 2020, the nation already didn’t have enough homes built to satisfy millennials who were entering into their peak first-time homebuying years. Then the COVID-19 crisis struck. The ensuing record-low mortgage rates and flexible work from home policies—which allowed buyers to expand their home search further into the burbs—only attracted more buyers into an already tight and competitive market. Simply put: The pandemic created a perfect storm in the housing market.

But the historic run on prices could soon begin to wind down. At least that’s according to CoreLogic’s latest forecast. Between December 2020 and December 2021, the S&P CoreLogic Case-Shiller index finds U.S. home prices rose 18.8%—which is more than four times as great as the nation’s average annual rate (4.2%) posted since 1989. Going forward, CoreLogic says we should expect home price growth closer to the historical average. Between December 2021 and December 2022, CoreLogic forecasts home prices will rise 3.5%.

Already, we’re starting to see home prices decelerate a bit. Between August 2020 and August 2021, U.S. home prices climbed a record 20%. But over the following four months that 12-month growth rate has decelerated to 18.8%, as of December.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/red-h...103350569.html
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Not if you tug on your bootstraps and work hard.
    And get some room-mates?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Nornalization will happen when the Boomers finally depart, which is at least a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    I am personally watching people in my circle of family/friends doing it today. You think perhaps you might be apathetic or hang with the wrong crowd? Misery loves company as they say, break out of your mold!

Instead of taking personal shots behind the firewall, take sound advice and be productive.
    I'm laughing. You have no idea of my financial situation. I'm speaking for the masses here. The home price to median household income is fucked and if you don't think so, then I stand by my statement. And I'll say it to your face and you can disagree, but you'd be wrong.

I wish I could find the article (it was dated sometime last fall), but based on prevailing wages/mortgage rates at the time supposedly 2005-2006 was peak unaffordability. I suspect the recent runup in rates since then has changed that calculus.

A 300k mortgage is almost 40% more expensive now than compared to spring 2021 in terms of monthly payment. That's a big hit for the middle class to swallow.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    A 300k mortgage is almost 40% more expensive now than compared to spring 2021 in terms of monthly payment. That's a big hit for the middle class to swallow.
    Something doesn't seem right about that math.

I plugged it into a mortgage calculator and it would have been around $1225 at the lowest interest rate and about $1500 now. That's 22% more.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    I'm laughing. You have no idea of my financial situation. I'm speaking for the masses here. The home price to median household income is fucked and if you don't think so, then I stand by my statement. And I'll say it to your face and you can disagree, but you'd be wrong.
    Oh I am sure the masses thank you for advocating for them. Good luck in your endeavor and have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Something doesn't seem right about that math.
    Mortgage rate hit their lowest at just about under 2.7% on average in spring 21, and are currently averaging just under 4. There's a lot of specificity in terms of tax rates/ escrow, points buying and the like in terms of what it looks like for someone borrowing 300k in a specific location, but overall its pretty damn close as a general statement.
    Live Free or Die

Mortgage rate hit their lowest at just about under 2.7% on average in spring 21, and are currently averaging just under 4.
    Run the numbers. 2.7% for a 30 year $300,000 mortgage gives a monthly payment of $1,217. At 4% the number is $1,432. That's less than an 18% increase. Not to say that's insignificant. It's still an extra $200+ per month.

I wish I could find the article (it was dated sometime last fall), but based on prevailing wages/mortgage rates at the time supposedly 2005-2006 was peak unaffordability. I suspect the recent runup in rates since then has changed that calculus.

Probably not the same article....but I speculate that he is perhaps using the same data:

https://blog.firstam.com/economics/t...sing-boom-peak

Mortgage rate hit their lowest at just about under 2.7% on average in spring 21, and are currently averaging just under 4. There's a lot of specificity in terms of tax rates/ escrow, points buying and the like in terms of what it looks like for someone borrowing 300k in a specific location, but overall its pretty damn close as a general statement.
    Not really. You are only considering the interest portion of the payment. The principal paydown is not going to change.

Well, for the first ten years, it's mostly interest.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Not really. You are only considering the interest portion of the payment. The principal paydown is not going to change.
    Exactly. It's 40% more expensive to borrow the same amount. Principal reductions are equal regardless.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    It's like someone had their Monopoly houses and apartments on the same property and decided that was a good look.
    I had the exact same thought. And the player was a child.