Page 781 of 1080 FirstFirst ... 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 ... LastLast
Results 19,501 to 19,525 of 26985
    IMO its pretty simple, there is a floating % of people in this world that are assholes. More people, the higher the total number of assholes.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    It's everyone's right to move where they want but I think we can all admit some irony in some of these situations.
    Well said, it's what a lot of us were thinking. I was waiting for Kevo to say he flipped his car going up to Targhee and while he waited for a tow truck was inspired to run for mayor or city council to make a difference.

I don't blame you for wanting to move there Kevo either but your experience has been seen and told for decades in the West.

This guy called the same stuff out in the mid-90s: https://www.amazon.com/Who-Owns-West.../dp/1562790781
    Last edited by muted reborn; 01-25-2022 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TAFKALVS View Post
    Keying the sides of sprinter vans is fun. Give it a shot some time, especially one in the douchy tan color with method rims and gotos dangle racks.
    sweet bro if thats what gets you off to feel good about yourself
    work my balls off to get it and the color is pebble tan, racks, ridgid lights, ladder, well you get the picture since I don't got a mortgage might as well have a car payment
    heading towards 30 miserable years hoa president rub elbows with the people you wanna rub elbows with employee a bunch of fuck ups
    been scheming my way out of this place since I got here

Not a good way to live, Fred.

The reason I say what I do is I've met many folks moving here and most say apologetically "We moved here because it's awesome and don't worry, we're not the type of people who move and then try to change things". It's almost like they know that the mass migration might change things but they don't want anyone to blame them. And I don't. I'd probably move too.
    the god damn boomer retires are the worst
    10x worse than the work from home tech people most of them do try to fit in but their tech self importance educated dooshyness best gear always shines through
    the retirees got tons of money and way too much free time so you have to listen to them tell you how it is and how it should be and how smart they are
    at least once a year I get to put one in their place usually they are dumb founded when you call them out on their bs and have no answer
    poof then after a couple winters they can't handle it and they are back in florida where they belong

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I'm dying inside benny
    struggling this week and it's eating me up I can't figure out what to do
    do I drive west towards vegas or do I drive south towards the mexican boarder

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    the god damn boomer retires are the worst
    I'm telling you, I'm convinced that they are the cause of most of these problems, and the WFHomers are going to be a temporary blip on the radar. It's going to take another ten to twenty years for the Boomers to really start dying off, but, for now, they have most of the money and the time to fuck up these markets. WFH still means work.

False. The hustle is the only way to live. Fuck the world don't ask me for shit, and everything you get ya gotta work hard for it...

Fred knows this well

Keying the sides of sprinter vans is fun. Give it a shot some time, especially one in the douchy tan color with method rims and gotos dangle racks.

Don’t fuck with another man’s vehicle.

I'm telling you, I'm convinced that they are the cause of most of these problems, and the WFHomers are going to be a temporary blip on the radar. It's going to take another ten to twenty years for the Boomers to really start dying off, but, for now, they have most of the money and the time to fuck up these markets. WFH still means work.
    sometimes we agree perfectly on things
    then other times I scratch my head and wonder about you
    someday when I move back to upstate ny living my quiet life under winter grey sky's dreaming of a summertime I might fully get you

I think I may have made fun of Kevo in past but after skiing and drinking beer with him he’s a good dude who cares about TV more than most. Most of us in mountain towns were move ins at some point or another.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    False. The hustle is the only way to live. Fuck the world don't ask me for shit, and everything you get ya gotta work hard for it...

Fred knows this well
    I meant hating the place you live in.

I meant hating the place you live in.
    I meet with a shrink once a month to figure that all out benny
    I'm getting no where being stuck is a bummer

Tell me about it. At least It's a lot cheaper here.

If anyone who moved to a place didn't try to change the politics and policies Colorado would still be a red state.

And so what if people move to a new state and try to make the state, in their mind, better? If liberal, wealthy people from Seattle move to Spokane and try to change Spokane is that ok because it is the same state? But it is not ok for them to move 20 minutes down the road to Coeur d’Alene and do the same? The same phenomenon is happening within metro areas just the same as it is happening in Teton Valley. Get used to it and embrace it.

Not saying it’s right or wrong. And I’m sure Kevo is a good dude. Also don’t think it’s against anyone’s rights to try and change things. Just a bit of irony to all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    IMO its pretty simple, there is a floating % of people in this world that are assholes. More people, the higher the total number of assholes.
    I'm not even saying most newcomers are assholes. I just don't relate to them. They're very different from the people who lived here when I moved here in 1983, not necessarily better or worse just different.

The other night I was in a pool with a bunch of strangers and eight or nine were talking about how they'd recently moved to Bozeman and Missoula, and how awesome Montana was and less crowded than where they'd come from and how great it was that Montana hadn't been "discovered" yet as much as those other places. Then I listened to them talk about all kinds of other topics for an hour and was left feeling thoroughly depressed at what I heard. It's hard to even describe. It was just one group, but it really drove home for me some unhappy truths. I guess it put me in a bad mood about because here I am bitching on the internet like a pathetic old fool.

Long time locals that can no longer afford rent? People who would take lower paying jobs but they can't afford to move there while competing with newly minted WFHomers making big city wages for companies not paying local corporate taxes?

Hey, I've lived here my whole life and was raised by teachers. I agree with your political sentiment for the most part. Just thought you could have left the part off about real estate cost after you moved from out of state to a resort town while bringing you and your wife's WFH incomes to the local housing pricing scheme. It's everyone's right to move where they want but I think we can all admit some irony in some of these situations.
    Well, glad we can agree that education funding in Idaho needs an overhaul.

IMHO, observing that the current tax structure doesn't support local public servants is hardly complaining about the place where I live.

The issue I'm bringing up doesn't even personally affect me. I don't have kids in the local school district. I have friends who are teachers.

And sure- people moving here is a factor, among other things.

Move somewhere and don't get involved in the community and people complain.
    Move somewhere and get involved in the community and people complain.

Mostly, people just want to complain and remind you they are more local than you are because they moved there before you did.

bingo

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post

Mostly, people just want to complain and remind you they are more local than you are because they moved there before you did.
    Yup. Been true in every small town I have lived in, and we don't have anywhere near the population pressures you guys have south of the 49th.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post

Fred knows this well
    He also knows the value of a well-invested trust fund and a long-awaited inheritance, so he's got all the bases covered.

Oh hell yeah, already looking for the next place.

Arco, Idaho or Havre, Montana seem like affordable mountain towns. Gotta be ahead of the trends.
    Arco, holy fuck. I drove through there a couple years ago, isn't that the home of the nuke plant?

West End. 1900s brick place with a yard, a garage, and some ivy. Ran across it last year on a virtual walk around the neighborhood when the house around the corner was for sale. If I recall correctly the other house was comparable in size without the yard and sold for less than half of this one.
    Give a shout when the tour happens, I'm up on Munjoy Hill in the new high rent district.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    If anyone who moved to a place didn't try to change the politics and policies Colorado would still be a red state.

And so what if people move to a new state and try to make the state, in their mind, better? If liberal, wealthy people from Seattle move to Spokane and try to change Spokane is that ok because it is the same state? But it is not ok for them to move 20 minutes down the road to Coeur d’Alene and do the same? The same phenomenon is happening within metro areas just the same as it is happening in Teton Valley. Get used to it and embrace it.
    And all the old CO locals would love it to be Red still - people came in and changed it. Not respecting the locals and their culture is one very big reason why we have Trump. As Conundrum said, it's more about the irony of Kevo's post, no one is saying don't move to Idaho.

No, just approach it with some nuance.