Page 737 of 1084 FirstFirst ... 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 ... LastLast
Results 18,401 to 18,425 of 27096
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post

Big props Harry.

How many of us can live their boyhood dreams ?
    Well, other than Benny...

Bless his heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Incidentally, isn't it about time for Benny to educate us all on how water works in the West? I am eagerly awaiting his explanation of riparian rights along the Colorado River.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Incidentally, isn't it about time for Benny to educate us all on how water works in the West? I am eagerly awaiting his explanation of riparian rights along the Colorado River.
    Oh, you're going to find out real soon, wont need me.

Bad ass Harry! Hope you the enjoy the hell out of making that island your own little slice of paradise.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

That island screams vrbo big money.

Not that you want or need to share it. But a private island glamping camp would be so popular today.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Harry, build a lighthouse on the island. Then rent it out. For some crazy reason, people like to stay in lighthouses.
    Subscribed.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Update on the island.

Everything is going smooth, clock is ticking toward closing, once the title company gets the numbers together we can move onto the money phase.

A lot of maggots have PM/text me about details, so I think once the deal is complete I will make a separate thread that I will update throughout the years as I make improvements.

The island is 7 acres, plus a small lot on the shore to have access. The lake it is on is part of a chain of six lakes connected by channels. My mom has a condo on one lake, my grampa’s cabin is on another, and my island on yet another. But easy to boat around to all of them. Most of the lakes have bars with docks, so pontoon boat booze cruises are a popular pastime. Fishing is fantastic on all the lakes in the chain.

Island is a diamond in the rough. No buildings or improvements on it, but it is zoned Residential. It has lots of brush and deadfall that need to be cleared. Initial plan is to put in a dock, and clear enough space for an off-grid glamping setup. Eventually a small cabin.

I can’t believe how lucky I am. I have known about this island since I was a little kid. Never in a million years did I think I would actually own it.
    That's FKN cool man, good luck. I second the lighthouse idea.

Awesome Harry!

If there's a correction, it will be when municipalities figure out they can amp up the taxes on 2nd homeowners and some of the STR market stops being as profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Awesome Harry!

If there's a correction, it will be when municipalities figure out they can amp up the taxes on 2nd homeowners and some of the STR market stops being as profitable.
    Resort towns are cutting off their noses to spite their faces right now. It's all the rage. I think the smart ones will just tax the shit out of the STRs and jack up licensing fees. This will get passed on to the consumer and it'll all balance out. But Breck has gone off the reservation with their BS ban on new STRs. See how it works out for them. Remember when Marijuana was gonna ruin the town? haha

STR landlord talking his book, page 459 of bunny contagion.

Harry I think I know about where the island is, a friend of mine spits his time between there and Green Bay and I've had a standing invite to go out there for a few years now, this is another reason to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Resort towns are cutting off their noses to spite their faces right now. It's all the rage. I think the smart ones will just tax the shit out of the STRs and jack up licensing fees. This will get passed on to the consumer and it'll all balance out. But Breck has gone off the reservation with their BS ban on new STRs. See how it works out for them. Remember when Marijuana was gonna ruin the town? haha
    I got the run down of licensing fees and taxes for short terms tabor limits alot of that and makes it alittle complicated
    there is a push to make licenses cost 5k a year that will shake things up alittle
    when the city of grand junction has a whole department with bigger oversite than the town of breck that says alot junction has a whole list of building standards a house has to conform to and you have an onsite inspection to make sure those standards are met while breck doesn't give a shit just need to fill out a piece of paper and give them your tax dollar

the way shit is run here these people can't get out of their own way
    and people need to start admiting everything has a dollar sign around here everything is about milking as much money as they can from the tourists tit

Yeah, licenses $5k a year. Use that money to build a big fucking skyscraper in the middle of town that all the employees can live in, like in Wittier, AK.

Update on the island.

Everything is going smooth, clock is ticking toward closing, once the title company gets the numbers together we can move onto the money phase.

A lot of maggots have PM/text me about details, so I think once the deal is complete I will make a separate thread that I will update throughout the years as I make improvements.

The island is 7 acres, plus a small lot on the shore to have access. The lake it is on is part of a chain of six lakes connected by channels. My mom has a condo on one lake, my grampa’s cabin is on another, and my island on yet another. But easy to boat around to all of them. Most of the lakes have bars with docks, so pontoon boat booze cruises are a popular pastime. Fishing is fantastic on all the lakes in the chain.

Island is a diamond in the rough. No buildings or improvements on it, but it is zoned Residential. It has lots of brush and deadfall that need to be cleared. Initial plan is to put in a dock, and clear enough space for an off-grid glamping setup. Eventually a small cabin.

I can’t believe how lucky I am. I have known about this island since I was a little kid. Never in a million years did I think I would actually own it.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    By the shores of Gitchee goomie,
    By the Chain of Lakes running water
    Lay the Island of the Harry
    Scion of the Sun The Harry...
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Looking fwd to further updates on the island, Harry de l’isle

Harry buying the island and living his childhood dream is honestly the coolest thing I've seen on TGR in the relatively short time I've been here. I can't begin to tell you how happy I am for you; what an amazing story. Looking forward to more island stoke here.

You should get on one of those reality shows like 'impossible builds' where they feature the construction of a home in an unusual place. I'd guess there some sort of incentive for doing it with the builder or prefab mfgr. Plus we'd all get to see you on the tube and maybe it'd be a springboard to 'The bachelor: Harry's Island edition' or eventually 'The real house-husbands of harry's island'. You're an island owner, think big.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Looking fwd to further updates on the island, Harry de l’isle
    Naw, Harry's adventure deserves his own thread. I am talking HOF bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    STR landlord talking his book, page 459 of bunny contagion.
    Thanks for your contribution!

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    You should get on one of those reality shows like 'impossible builds' where they feature the construction of a home in an unusual place. I'd guess there some sort of incentive for doing it with the builder or prefab mfgr. Plus we'd all get to see you on the tube and maybe it'd be a springboard to 'The bachelor: Harry's Island edition' or eventually 'The real house-husbands of harry's island'. You're an island owner, think big.
    Whorehouse!

Update on the island.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

So when do we have the chainsaw and brush-clearing party? I'm pretty sure I still owe you for a Big Sky ticket that one time. I'll bring some saws and pre-mix.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Naw, Harry's adventure deserves his own thread. I am talking HOF bitches!
    Hell yes, this!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post

So when do we have the chainsaw and brush-BURNING party? I'm pretty sure I still owe you for a Big Sky ticket that one time. I'll bring some saws and pre-mix.

Hell yes, this!
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Use that money to build a big fucking skyscraper in the middle of town that all the employees can live in, like in Wittier, AK.
    Now that's my style of urban planning!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whit.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	865.6 KB 
ID:	388166

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Oh, you're going to find out real soon, wont need me.
    What's wrong with the riparian system along the Colorado?

There are no riparian rights, but if we're talking riparian system, that's an entirely different discussion.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy