Page 558 of 618 FirstFirst ... 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 ... LastLast
Results 13,926 to 13,950 of 15446
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Average CA pension for a teacher is almost 80k. Thats a 2 million value.
    lets go ahead and use the federal median number of 38k. Guess what that is worth? Oh right a million fucking dollars.

You don't get it both ways. Again, there is a reason pensions hardly exist for anyone but govt employees, and its because they are high value instruments that are fucking expensive.
    Yep, i guess you are arguing that someone recieving $38k in SS and pension during retirement, with no other assets to their name is a top 10%er. I can't argue with stupid, so im out.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Fuck. Dude.

It’s 80,000 acres!

That’s worth 2,000 mules!
    I mean, it's hard to bring racism into this discussion, but somehow you did it.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Yep, i guess you are arguing that someone recieving $38k in SS and pension during retirement, with no other assets to their name is a top 10%er. I can't argue with stupid, so im out.
    The example was a pension, social security, and million dollars, and that person gifting their kid 100k. That is a top 10% person and you know it. But move the goalposts....

More than half of this country is going to retire with maybe 20k a year in social security and zero savings. Half. If they retire at all. But keep on keeping on that the above example is just some average guy.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    When I was bitching about property taxes and home equity earlier in the thread, I was told those people were millionaires because they have assets on paper even though they bought cheap many years ago and never had a high monthly income. My argument was they either had to give up their primary residence or reverse mortgage to get a monthly living stipend so it shouldn't count and there were many different opinions there. Knowing that you'll be paid a fixed amount per month for the rest of your life seems similar to me.

I'm over the property tax thing by the way. County assessor said expect a 25% increase this year so I've given up. Write the check and smile while I can and such.

If its any consolation, pretty sure Idaho just upped the homestead exemption 25% and put in some caps in terms of what counties can raise in terms of overall dollars, so while your valuation might increase, the levy rate will probably decrease.
    Live Free or Die

I got snipped about a decade ago, so can I skip the sterilization?

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    Only with a time machine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    Same thing right, but according to about 5 butt hurt guys in this thread, you haven't done enough. Luckily they are in the minority for now.

Now I need to go give the misses shit for not having an $80k teachers retirement. I mean AR said all the teachers have that in CA.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I've been about as poor as you can be. And now I'm not. This is better.

That ranch deal btw, that's 125 fucking square miles of scenic, pristine Montana. Whoever bought it got a bargain.

also, he did say $100K per month, did we clear that up? I missed it.

also, Conundrum, I bet it was just one really rich guy with 5 cars who looked at that place. He might be in a different mood after he looked at it, he needed a quiver for the ride home.

Can we please get back to examples of outrageously priced homes in our local markets and speculation about what shape the end of the boom will take?

Time for me to bump this thread? Sounds like it.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-number/page51
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Did we switch over to that thread? I'm so far behind.

This thread is constantly sidetracked by a few butt hurt d bags. I almost have them all on ignore.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Did anyone ever come up with the number?

$37
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Your rich if you have a house food and a job. That’s like worldwide top 10% or something like that.

On a real estate note my neighbor sold his bought new house for 50% gain in less than 3 years. Crazy town. It’s only real ROI if you sell it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32

2020/2021 (20/24)

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    There is a reason pensions hardly exist anymore, and it isn't because they are worth peanuts.
    american businesses and government alike dont want accountability for the nations well-being? i agree. the 401k is a beautiful tragedy

real estate still booming in my hood, seems mostly driven by covid geo arbitrage and luxury hoarding. but i feel we can generalize to luxury asset price/demand curve at this point and consolidate threads?

New listing in my ‘hood bringing down listing prices:

https://www.coldwellbankerhomes.com/.../pid_41281622/

Well if we start consolidating threads we'll be down to one thread in no time. Personally I enjoy all the clicking.

realized gains FTW.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    who knew all the retired teachers and cops and firefighters, living off their pensions, were baller rich millionaires!
    Oh?

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Can we please get back to examples of outrageously priced homes in our local markets and speculation about what shape the end of the boom will take?
    Here you go. This house in my hood was listed for 710k at the end of April. Everything had been done - including building a single car garage - but it's still only a 1,380 sq ft rambler, so that's pretty ridic. It got bid up to 822k in the first week, and the winners closed in three days, which usually means cash buyer.

Today, the new owner put it back on the market for 895k. Basically $600/sq ft.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...23624317_zpid/

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Here you go. This house in my hood was listed for 710k at the end of April. Everything had been done - including building a single car garage - but it's still only a 1,380 sq ft rambler, so that's pretty ridic. It got bid up to 822k in the first week, and the winners closed in three days, which usually means cash buyer.

Flippers are worse than the rich (not that they’re always different). Change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post

So they're listing it a week or two after buying it, for $73K more than they just purchased it for?

Edit: 6 days!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Flippers are worse than the rich (not that they’re always different). Change my mind.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<