Page 340 of 363 FirstFirst ... 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 ... LastLast
Results 8,476 to 8,500 of 9059
  1. #8476
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    13,192
    Bottom line, look at your original agreements and if you can not pay the amount required, contact the lender/landlord and work out a payment plan that is agreed to in writing or the original agreement will take precedence, you risk fucking up your credit and having a collection account hanging over your head. I would not skip paying my bills just cuz I heard the city council passed a resolution.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

  2. #8477
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Loveland, Chair 9.
    Posts
    4,459
    was getting weekly mail on offers to buy my house, those have stopped now. if someone offered current market value now, i'd take it and the profits and buy it lower in a year or two.
    Eat em up Houston Cougars !

  3. #8478
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Movin' On
    Posts
    2,381
    So many houses are going on the market in burbs of the CO Front Range. Supply seems to be going through the roof.

  4. #8479
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    5,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    So many houses are going on the market in burbs of the CO Front Range. Supply seems to be going through the roof.
    'Tis the season.

  5. #8480
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On Vacation for the Duration
    Posts
    12,291
    I was wondering how all the leveraged multi unit Air B&B business were doing in this crunch. Rented one in Ft Collins and saw what the deal was. Might make owning a home affordable if they get put on the market in a surge. No?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

  6. #8481
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Movin' On
    Posts
    2,381
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    'Tis the season.
    But will there be buyers? Or even showings?

  7. #8482
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,388
    Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    I was wondering how all the leveraged multi unit Air B&B business were doing in this crunch. Rented one in Ft Collins and saw what the deal was. Might make owning a home affordable if they get put on the market in a surge. No?
    They will get bought up by large RE corps/banks. The little guy will be left outside, looking in.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

  8. #8483
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    5,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    But will there be buyers? Or even showings?
    I wouldn't think so.

  9. #8484
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    41,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    But will there be buyers? Or even showings?
    Everybody has a price. The thing is finding it.

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  10. #8485
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    41,161
    40% of N.Y. Tenants May Not Pay Rent This Month. What Happens Then? https://nyti.ms/3bDeaAn

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  11. #8486
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Queen City North Carolina
    Posts
    1,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    40% of N.Y. Tenants May Not Pay Rent This Month. What Happens Then? https://nyti.ms/3bDeaAn
    They stop lecturing the rest of the country about their superior finance skills and awesome high paying jobs because one month of unemployment should not equal the next months rent not being paid in the supposed economic powerhouse of the western world. I highly doubt WV has a 40% delinquency rate. Although they are probably already are section 8.
    I’m being an asshole of course, but that number seems high I’m sure its more in the outer Burroughs and not really manhattan, but leading with a hipster in Brooklyn who doesn’t have $600 makes my blood boil. Go learn a trade and maybe you’d have $600. I just dropped $1400 on a blower motor for one of my furnaces because it crapped out today. Wife is not living without ac blowing in North Carolina.
    Guy was in and out in 2 hours and people are damn sure going to pay to have their ac fixed and toilets working. Skilled trades will take a hit, but his rent or mortgage is probably going to get paid.

    I really am sympathetic though to most. It’s just hipster musicians are not garnering sympathy from me. Sarcasm doesn’t translate well in written form.

  12. #8487
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    41,161
    Dude, all of those 40% are not hipster musicians. Rent is expensive there.

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  13. #8488
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Queen City North Carolina
    Posts
    1,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Dude, all of those 40% are not hipster musicians. Rent is expensive there.
    I understand. I’m very sympathetic. Just questioning why the story leads with a guy who probably missies rent payments regularly anyway.
    Very narrow window of sympathy for that dude in the pic.

  14. #8489
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Movin' On
    Posts
    2,381
    Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    They stop lecturing the rest of the country about their superior finance skills and awesome high paying jobs because one month of unemployment should not equal the next months rent not being paid in the supposed economic powerhouse of the western world. I highly doubt WV has a 40% delinquency rate. Although they are probably already are section 8.
    I’m being an asshole of course, but that number seems high I’m sure its more in the outer Burroughs and not really manhattan, but leading with a hipster in Brooklyn who doesn’t have $600 makes my blood boil. Go learn a trade and maybe you’d have $600. I just dropped $1400 on a blower motor for one of my furnaces because it crapped out today. Wife is not living without ac blowing in North Carolina.
    Guy was in and out in 2 hours and people are damn sure going to pay to have their ac fixed and toilets working. Skilled trades will take a hit, but his rent or mortgage is probably going to get paid.

    I really am sympathetic though to most. It’s just hipster musicians are not garnering sympathy from me. Sarcasm doesn’t translate well in written form.
    A lot of NYC trades are union gigs that have been passed down generation to generation. You gotta know someone.

    Manhattan's median annual household income is $66,739. Brooklyn's is $44,850.

    Boise, ID has a significantly higher average house income than Brooklyn (~$48k)

    Denver has the exact same (literally down to the dollar) median household income as Manhattan.

  15. #8490
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Queen City North Carolina
    Posts
    1,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    A lot of NYC trades are union gigs that have been passed down generation to generation. You gotta know someone.

    Manhattan's median annual household income is $66,739. Brooklyn's is $44,850.

    Boise, ID has a significantly higher average house income than Brooklyn (~$48k)

    Denver has the exact same (literally down to the dollar) median household income as Manhattan.
    Ok one more time, I was being sarcastic.
    I am sympathetic. Hipster guy garners no sympathy when you lead a serious article about the plight of hard working people. He is not a hard worker by my estimation nor by the estimation of most Americans.
    He should play music in Boise where the rent is cheaper I guess.

  16. #8491
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    27,241
    Where in the hell in Brooklyn is rent $600?
    Forum Cross Pollinator

  17. #8492
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    22,757
    The world does need artists. Would be a really fucking boring place if the artists gave up trying to make a living off of art and all became plumbers and electricians and whatnot.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  18. #8493
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    41,161
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Where in the hell in Brooklyn is rent $600?
    It's a share.

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  19. #8494
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    41,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    The world does need artists. Would be a really fucking boring place if the artists gave up trying to make a living off of art and all became plumbers and electricians and whatnot.
    Yeah. That's why NYC is infinitely more exciting than Boise. Or Charlotte.

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  20. #8495
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The Cone of Uncertainty
    Posts
    49,324
    I saw a little bit yesterday about inklings of a national rent strike. It'll probably never happen. But if I was scraping and not sure where I was gonna get money for food I sure as hell wouldn't fire off a check to Jared Kushner.

  21. #8496
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    8,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Yeah. That's why NYC is infinitely more exciting than Boise. Or Charlotte.
    Everyone is entitled to their own definition of exciting.

  22. #8497
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The Cone of Uncertainty
    Posts
    49,324
    Speaking of exciting, you feel the quake in Boise?

  23. #8498
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    13,192
    On the topic of Air B&B rentals suddenly going long term rental, I looked in the Mammoth Times and found a sweet 2 bdrm 3 bath place that is cool with my 2 dogs for the next 12 months. The wife scoffed at me. Pretty annoyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

  24. #8499
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    27,241
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    It's a share.
    Still. You can’t get a single room here (still!) for under $1000, and I thought Brooklyn was more expensive.
    Forum Cross Pollinator

  25. #8500
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    8,503
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Speaking of exciting, you feel the quake in Boise?
    I was distracted by chatting with an extremely attractive woman at the grocery store and missed it. I guess it was the real deal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •