Page 729 of 1076 FirstFirst ... 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 ... LastLast
Results 18,201 to 18,225 of 26884
    Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    He’s used that “I pretty much understand” qualifier on other topics, yet he’s so cocksure about everything.
    I am very cocksure, sonny.

It don’t matter if it never worked

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    So, anyway, I still haven't had Bozeman explained to me. Well.
    We did, you didn't listen since you're smarter than all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    I put in a pic of Einstein so they think I'm smhart.
    He was talking about the equity markets but it works for housing as well.
    smurt cherry picker

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Seeing a good amount of price drops in SWMT right now, but I think most of it is the usual fall slowdown and sellers who don't want to pull a listing and just wait until spring to relist.

I still think if you can buy something unique and/or rare right now you are going to continue to see lots of upside year after year.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Not seeing that in CB, CO. Phone is ringing off the hook, back to back to back buyers looking at property tomorrow, most new listings go under contract in a week or less. Today felt as crazy as July, although fall is often pretty busy.

Just now heard an advertisement for Picasso or whatever it’s called.
    “Fractional second home ownership”.
    “See how easy it can be”.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    He’s used that “I pretty much understand” qualifier on other topics, yet he’s so cocksure about everything.
    Shhh. He’s on a roll.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    We did, you didn't listen since you're smarter than all of us.
    Lemme know when the median home price dips back below a reasonable level so I can move back. Last I heard it was $770k. FML

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Lemme know when the median home price dips back below a reasonable level so I can move back. Last I heard it was $770k. FML
    Just buy Lotto tickets Bobcat. Maybe one of us will luck out.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Not seeing that in CB, CO. Phone is ringing off the hook, back to back to back buyers looking at property tomorrow, most new listings go under contract in a week or less. Today felt as crazy as July, although fall is often pretty busy.
    Was just out in Montrose, played golf at Cornerstone for a couple days. How is the Montrose market in your opinion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Shhh. He’s on a roll.
    Are you sure it's not a bagel?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    How is Lake City in your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Just buy Lotto tickets Bobcat. Maybe one of us will luck out.
    Or get a cool tech work from home gig.

Even if you buy at the top of a housing boom you will make up the difference when you add in inflation and rising rent prices.
    Here is one slide I use in teaching.

Attachment 386911
    Needs to be put next to median wages

Oh, and, average bank CEO compensation over that period. That would be interesting. Inflation adjusted, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Cabin = seasonal recreation cabin is yes. No septic, so portapotty. Electric would be solar.

Green water = Welcome to Wisconsin.

Hellz yeah.

The Island looks great. If there are fish in them there waters it looks downright dreamy.

My deceased uncle bought into an Island on a beautiful lake in the ADKs in the early 80s. The home is an early 1900s cedar sided beauty with a 100 foot covered porch. There is nothing quite like the peace of being on the island, but it is a shit ton of work. Everything has to come over in the boat. From groceries to tools to propane tanks and toilet paper. And garbage has to be brought back off the island as well as the empty propane tanks. He was a workaholic professor and spent his summers completing major freaking projects, some of which included me as the free teenage labor. He had more energy and time than $$ so he was always working to keep up with mother nature. (Roofs, dock, painting, boat house, septic, mowing lawn)

If you can put a low upkeep seasonal cabin up you will have a blast. Sounds like that is what it will be limited to given being off the grid. Dont underestimate the PIA of putting every thing in the boat and then bringing it to the cabin in rainy, windy shitty weather. As people age the extra leg of the trip can wear on you.

I don't mean to piss on your island, as it looks fantastic and I would do it if I was single and did not have to make compromises with a significant other. I just wanted you to really think about the extra step for each trip to the store.

My uncle loved his place. He died of a heart attack 3 years ago after he tied up at the boathouse on the landside. He loved that lake and island. Frankly, I cannot imagine a better way to go if it was as quick as is thought. In a boat, on a lake. My cousin, who has no kids, now spends 120+ days a year there and is loving it.

A simple dock and one or two room cabin with direct TV to catch football would be awesome for me.

I hope you do it and love it!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Guys, play your cards right like ol uncle Benny and you too can retire a thousandaire with no heirs, a mortgage and living out your retirement years in Connecticut.

If interest rates go up to even 16 levels this market is fucked. No way these prices can be sustained if rates go to even 4%. But your mortgage at 2.25% may still be less than the new price at 4%. So winning?

I put in a pic of Einstein so they think I'm smhart.
    He was talking about the equity markets but it works for housing as well.
    Hahahaha!

The housing market has barely beat inflation in the long term. It was only during 1990-2006 that housing even came close to equities.

As dunfee said, the stock market made and lost fortunes in that time and still outperformed the housing market.

That being said, any individuals experience (depending on location, what stocks were held, etc) may differ.

Aspen.

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Was just out in Montrose, played golf at Cornerstone for a couple days. How is the Montrose market in your opinion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skip it meth capital of the western slope I mean maybe second place next to clifton

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    How is Lake City in your opinion?
    I imagine (speaking like I'm benny) by mid january the feeling of isolation would make you want to eat your neighbros just think of the excitement of going to the big city of gunnison and then the even bigger metropolis of montrose once a month to hit up super wall mart

been watching property in my future town and shit is so over priced, 300 plus for a uninhabitable house? the same type of house was less than 200k two years ago time for a correction but idiots keep buying

and benny stop with the wfh bullshit you don't know shit sure it's easy to make fun of wfh ers in ski towns but the tread ain't drying up too soon

Oh, shit Fred, I gave up on Summit a long time ago. Distant suburb of Denver. Easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Hahahaha!

The housing market has barely beat inflation in the long term. It was only during 1990-2006 that housing even came close to equities.

As dunfee said, the stock market made and lost fortunes in that time and still outperformed the housing market.

That being said, any individuals experience (depending on location, what stocks were held, etc) may differ.
    If you are looking just at the equity generated by home appreciation, then yes, stocks would rise more than home value. However, if you factor in rental income, depreciation, tax advantages, hedging against inflation, etc (not to mention the whole "roof over your head" thing). Then RE can have advantages over stocks. A good portfolio will generally contain at least some RE investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Oh, shit Fred, I gave up on Summit a long time ago. Distant suburb of Denver. Easy.
    The worst decision is indecision. Pick a place and pull the trigger. Then inevitably bitch and complain about it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    If you are looking just at the equity generated by home appreciation, then yes, stocks would rise more than home value. However, if you factor in rental income, depreciation, tax advantages, hedging against inflation, etc (not to mention the whole "roof over your head" thing). Then RE can have advantages over stocks. A good portfolio will generally contain at least some RE investment.
    Since 1941? Jesus the junior slumlords talk their book.

historically for commercial property only us retail property has been a hedge against inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Hahahaha!

It's a rent vs buy slideshow for first time homebuyers.
    The inflation number is about renting vs buying not the benefits of investing in the stock or housing markets.
    When you add in inflation, rising rent prices the monthly cost to own a home is a good investment.
    87% of peoples retirements come from the equity in their homes. If I know someone that was renting and had $10K I would tell someone to buy a home instead of investing in the equity markets.

The inflation number is about renting vs buying
    lol