Page 557 of 614 FirstFirst ... 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 ... LastLast
Results 13,901 to 13,925 of 15340
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post

Personally, I think saying the US is a shithole and we should sterilize rich people is cunty, full stop. Has nothing to do with getting help from his family, that's pretty much irrelevant to me; maybe tone deaf, but it doesn't mean he's rich and it isn't what makes his statement cunty.

Sure it does. Unless his family moved from another country bringing their wealth with them, they live in a country where they were able to generate wealth and pass that wealth onto the next generation-yeah, fuck the US right? Maybe they could have done that in any other country but it's not like the US didn't allow them to make money or realize gains on real estate and pass those gains onto future generations. It's like making a cunt cake topped in dooshy glazed frosting. Whether or not that passing of wealth makes him rich, I guess we can debate the definition of "rich" rest of the day. When a third of the country doesn't own their primary residence and half the country can't write a check for $1,000 in an emergency, I would put that on the richer side of poor and certainly tone deaf.

More on real estate, the apartments across the street were listed yesterday for $1.8m. 10 small units on about .25 acres. Five separate California plate cars showed up for the open house. Didn't see any locals. Will be a nice little investment property for a rich out of state investor. I'm sure rent won't go up for anyone living there.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Well, of course you did - because you're rich.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

When I was a kid, we thought ‘rich’ were people who didn’t have to buy the discount cereal in bags. They actually bought the fancy-pants name brand stuff in boxes.
    And they went to restaurants more than once a month.
    And didn’t water down the dish soap to make it go farther.
    Forum Cross Pollinator

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    You realize pensions have a value right? So in your example, that retiree is giving their kid much much less than 10% of their net worth. Someone with a pension, social security, and a million bucks in the bank is not just worth a million, several times over that actually.

Another great example of how most of this board has zero idea how most of this country fares economically. But yeah, keep on keeping on with the examples of multimillionaires just being regular guys amiright?
    Damn, so the average government pension collector is nearly a millionaire without any other assets by your calculation. Easily over a millionaire if you are counting their SS checks as well, which you would have to in order to be consistent in your fucked up Net Worth calculation. Also would need to factor in all future wages from part time jobs that many retirees hold down too. I mean hell, while we are at it, lets add in the cost of government supplied health insurance too!

Point is, it is not outrageous to think that someone with a $1mil net worth would be OK with a $900k net worth if they were able to give their kids and grandkids a better opportunity at a better life through helping them purchase a home in a nice area with good schools.

who knew all the retired teachers and cops and firefighters, living off their pensions, were baller rich millionaires!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

Personally, I think saying the US is a shithole and we should sterilize rich people is cunty, full stop.
    I'll stand by those statements until the day I die. Better to be a cunt with a true-bearing ethical compass than whatever it is that the detestable "people" (and I use that term loosely, most of you are subhuman in my mind) who populate this place call themselves.

who knew all the retired teachers and cops and firefighters, living off their pensions, were baller rich millionaires!
    i had no idea my grandpa was ballin so hard off his USPS pension. Shredded calves and million dollar net worth garaunteed!

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I told my girls we would pay for college and help with the house purchase, but not a fancy ass wedding for them and a practice husband. We all have priorities. And you guys with youngsters, start saving your money.
    Buddy in Missoula did a HELOC and paid $235,000 for his 22 y/o step-daughters destination wedding in Maui. Marriage lasted 6 months. He was a truck driver for WalMart.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

In California many to most public retirement pensions are pretty fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Buddy in Missoula did a HELOC and paid $235,000 for his 22 y/o step-daughters destination wedding in Maui. Marriage lasted 6 months. He was a truck driver for WalMart.

There is a reason pensions hardly exist anymore, and it isn't because they are worth peanuts.

Man that HELOC wedding story is brutal though.
    Live Free or Die

To be honest, if I found out I worked in the same office as glade I’d be more than a little worried I would need to put my “Run, Hide, Fight” training to use.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I'll stand by those statements until the day I die. Better to be a cunt with a true-bearing ethical compass than whatever it is that the detestable "people" (and I use that term loosely, most of you are subhuman in my mind) who populate this place call themselves.
    Except your supremacist germaphobia leads you to detest Hispanic folks in Glenwood (their vaccination rate does not match with your standards). And any other group that doesn't meet your standards. How is that a 'true bearing ethical compass'? sounds more like you're just a guy with a judgy ethos. You will be unhappy anywhere you move. You could move to the most uptight Germanic, sanitized region of Switzerland and you'd still just whine about "the damn Gypsy's".

U R a Fucking Bunny Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    ^^^Arguing over whether or not glade is rich is a waste of time. Why don't you guys try to decide if he's a run of the mill narcissist or a full-blown sociopath?

I know of one collecting $100K checks every month from a CA pension living in a 6000 sqft oceanview pad in SoCal worth a cool $3-3.5M who just sent off a check for a $500,000 pool build in their backyard. But I know....they are not rich because the house doesn't count since they will never sell it and having a million in cash laying around ain't what it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    B

Fred-I'm about two hours of dealing with the man then it's party like a rich kid time. I'm going to burn one down, hop on my sweet ass carbon bike and get a ride from the house, then I'm going to ride downtown to the pub and buy some pints for charity, then load the van up to get out of town for the weekend. Not sure where that puts me but it's well into the top 50%ers. Because it seems you're either rich or poor these days.
    We need to hang out I feel like we are living a parallel life the only depressive difference is I just unpacked my van after a nice week long trip now I'm back at the dog race

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    I know of one collecting $100K checks every month from a CA pension living in a 6000 sqft oceanview pad in SoCal worth a cool $3-3.5M who just sent off a check for a $500,000 pool build in their backyard. But I know....they are not rich because the house doesn't count since they will never sell it and having a million in cash laying around ain't what it used to be.
    That sounds...atypical.

The average pension in CA for a fire fighter is 108k per year.

For you or me, that would be the equivalent of having 2.7 million in a retirement plan and living by the 4% rule, and ours wouldn't be guaranteed with a COLA.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Too much bickering in this thread for this to go unnoticed.

Thanks for the laugh, FF.
    Four days into a raft trip and it was still money

People w real money dont show it

For you or me, that would be the equivalent of of having 2.7 million in a retirement plan and living by the 4% rule, and ours wouldn't be guaranteed with a COLA.
    My bad i didnt realize we were going to only consider exceptions.

http://www.pensionrights.org/publica...ncome-pensions

That isn't the exception, that is the average pension for a CA fire fighter straight from Calpers.
    Live Free or Die

For you or me, that would be the equivalent of having 2.7 million in a retirement plan and living by the 4% rule, and ours wouldn't be guaranteed with a COLA.
    He said this guy was collecting $100k/month.

That isn't the exception, that is the average pension for a CA fire fighter straight from Calpers.
    Cherry picking a subset of a subset that is objectively an outlier compared to the whole dataset is pretty much the definition of looking at an exception.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Since we're all so distracted, I think getting in a bidding war for a $135 million dollar ranch counts as rich.
    Fuck. Dude.

It’s 80,000 acres!

That’s worth 2,000 mules!
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.”
    Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Cherry picking a subset of a subset that is objectively an outlier compared to the whole dataset is pretty much the definition of looking at an exception.

Average CA pension for a teacher is almost 80k. Thats a 2 million value.

Average support govt person pension in CA, 68k, thats a 1.7 million value.

That is a couple hundred thousand people. Not exact statistical outliers.

Nevermind you made the example, and are now trying to use median numbers, which include plenty of people who don't make shit on their pensions because they only worked 5 years and barely vested. That wasn't the example you started with, but are now moving goal posts. But lets go ahead and use the federal median number of 38k. Guess what that is worth? Oh right a million fucking dollars.

You don't get it both ways. Again, there is a reason pensions hardly exist for anyone but govt employees these days, and its because they are high value instruments that are fucking expensive.

So damn right I stand by my statement that a 65 year old retiree, with a pension and million dollars saved, is a multi millionaire, and that puts them squarely in the top 6% or so of the population in terms of net worth by the way.
    Live Free or Die