Page 601 of 1080 FirstFirst ... 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 ... LastLast
Results 15,001 to 15,025 of 26982
    Moderator note: this post was a cruel post that referenced a maggot by his real name and tried to troll him about his son who was electrocuted.
    The poster is at least temporarily banned.
    Last edited by Mod Team; 06-18-2021 at 07:03 AM.

I mean sure, 25th most dangerous at 8.4 deaths per 100,000.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    so mrs Coors does it eh ?

the writing jingles, label &case art

I'd like to see you run that one past mrs glademaster,

you be eating takeout pizza and sleeping in the garage tonight
    Mrs. Glademaster?! Does my posting history make it look like I'm fucking married? The metaphorical toilet seat is up, man. I have no need or desire for a succubus in my life, thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    I mean sure, 25th most dangerous at 8.4 deaths per 100,000.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Yeah, and what was the death rate/100,000 for UX/UI designers before the actuaries realized that the USA is an obscenely violent country where the possibility of a disgruntled coworker rolling into the office with an assault weapon was real and quantifiable for lots of white collar workers?

As someone who works in/around construction, I feel pretty comfortable saying that the work entails a significantly higher level of exposure to risk of serious bodily harm than the sorts of jobs that the majority of people who post here perform.

ETA: Macabre humor aside, I know there are a lot of jobs more dangerous than being a sparky. But the risk level correlates both to the specific field within the trade you choose to pursue, your competence, and the competence of your crew (oh, and fate/chance/happenstance, infrequently).
    Last edited by glademaster; 06-12-2021 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    3D printers.
    Once they work out the kinks... I think it will be very interesting.

https://youtu.be/gxbyWly_pls

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Mrs. Glademaster?! Does my posting history make it look like I'm fucking married? The metaphorical toilet seat is up, man. I have no need or desire for a succubus in my life, thank you very much.
    well played sir
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    Its Saturday children. Bong hits and bike rides

I'm buy 3/4 birch for less than a 100 a sheet. acx 5/8 whatevs

Lumber will drop like a rock once the lazy politicians get off there hands and start asking questions only to find out we are being gouged but that won't happen

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk
    The Feds get involved they tend to make things worse. Let nature take its course. But the sawmills be rolling in the dough and living large right now. Just too many people who want to be electricians instead of lumberjacks or mill workers.

https://www.supplychaindive.com/news...-labor/600876/

Lumber prices have spiked this year. Lumber futures contracts for May delivery hit $1,645 per 1,000 board feet, up from about 60% a month ago, and 374% over the last year, reports Wells Fargo. It's the fastest rise since the post-World War II housing boom, according to Mark Vitner, managing director and senior economist at Wells Fargo.

"The demand for lumber is exceptionally high and the supply is constrained," Vitner said. As recently as Friday, the cash price was $1,514 per thousand board feet.

That hit home building hard. The National Association of Home Builders reported that lumber costs are adding an average of $36,000 to new single family home prices. Those prices have also added $12,966 to the value of an average new multifamily home. As those are typically built to rent, that in turn is adding $119 a month in rent to new apartments.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    You seem like such a neat freak I guess I would have figured you pee sitting down.

ETA: Is that why you said metaphorical?

https://nypost.com/2021/06/12/montan...get-enough-of/

While this may be good for realtors, locals are shell-shocked at the price hikes due to what the Flathead Beacon called the “COVID migration” from states like New York. “(The housing crisis) is happening all over Montana,” one Whitefish local told The Post. “No one who is from here can actually afford to live here anymore.”

According to Realtor.com, just before the pandemic in December 2019, the average home price in Whitefish, a town of 7,700 people just south of Glacier National Park, was $369,450. A year and a half later, that has almost doubled — and the average home price is now $704,000. Local average wages in Whitefish are just $30,642, according to bestplaces.net.

. . .

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I am charging $ 85.00 an hour now & phone won't stop ringing, I am giving away clients because I have too many and I rarely lift anything over 20 lbs. During December-March I work about 20 hrs a week.

I will gross 125K this year. If I could find anyone worth a shit to hire I could double that. Granted this is a very hot construction market but I plan to do this until late 2024 and retire.
    well shit
    im gonna buy harrys condo
    when do we start?
    aint no one wants to be a roofer
    well tills it leaks and ya gots to pay one
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

If noone wants to live in NYC or LA or the Bay Area anymore and these folks are paying high prices in the boonies, who is buying their now undesirable overpriced places in the big cities???
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    If noone wants to live in NYC or LA or the Bay Area anymore and these folks are paying high prices in the boonies, who is buying their now undesirable overpriced places in the big cities???
    I believe they have enough money to just keep them both but I'm not sure.

The flood of people hasn't stopped in Bozeman and a house up the street (I lived in the same floor plan) is on the market for 250k above what mine sold for around 2.5-3 years ago. No idea if they'll get it but 560k for a 1500 sq. ft. SFH seems absurd to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    The Feds get involved they tend to make things worse. Let nature take its course. But the sawmills be rolling in the dough and living large right now. Just too many people who want to be electricians instead of lumberjacks or mill workers.

https://www.supplychaindive.com/news...-labor/600876/
    Lumber is a commodity, if you want the price to go down just stop buying it,

the lumber companies buy low/ sell high

a lumber company can be as simple as a room with 2 phones
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post

The flood of people hasn't stopped in Bozeman and a house up the street (I lived in the same floor plan) is on the market for 250k above what mine sold for around 2.5-3 years ago. No idea if they'll get it but 560k for a 1500 sq. ft. SFH seems absurd to me.
    You think that is silly? Shit in my hood is now around $1,333 per sq ft
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Pitting middle class homebuyers against megainvestment firms in a competition over a house to call a home is not freedom, the American dream, or liberty... it is corporatocracy and cronyism caustic to the ideals of the Republic.

This gets fixed fast, like in a month, by Federal legislation, or you are just setting the grounds for civil disorder that will make last summer and Occupy Wall Street look like kindgartners squabbling on the playground.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post

RE: Bozeman.

Letter to the editor: Officials allowing over-development across valley

The city and county commissioners’ unofficial “maximum accommodation” policy (not to be confused with growth management!) has generated unprecedented over-development throughout Bozeman and the Gallatin Valley the past 25-plus years. According to latest estimates, the 2.4% growth rate in 2020 brought the county’s population to 119,938 — and we still do not have a county-wide public transit system!

Bottom line upfront: How does this ongoing invasion of people (many from out of state) detrimentally affect our quality of life?

- productive agricultural land is lost forever

- ever-increasing property taxes

- elevated crime rate

- ever-increasing traffic and

- unaffordable (to most) housing crisis

Consequently, many low-wage workers can no longer afford to live here, while business owners struggle to staff positions? Is this really what we want for our community? Contrary to what they would have you believe, uncontrolled, “runaway” growth is not inevitable here or elsewhere — and it’s high time the commissioners said “no” to new development.

Douglas Stream

Belgrade
    And when the County Commissioners say no who will pay for the ensuing litigation? This guy is right about the problems we face with our current level of growth, problem is that this is how our system functions.

1st thing our leaders need to address is the issue of water for our future. They want to slow down growth? (they don't) Require development to address water, both for now and the future.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    yeh totally realized that at one point so I grabbed a hammer and started swinging so people didn't think I was a pussy

[snip]

As for me, I think about going back to work someday, but I'm a pussy now, it's kind of scary, to actually have to work, I haven't done any real work in almost ten years now, I just get mad when I run out of printer ink, I sit a computer for 3-4 hrs a day and drive around and talk and point my finger all day and watch tens of thousands of dollars evaporate every week I do like to lift two sheets of 5/8 drywall at a time once in awhile load and unload them my fear is turning into a complete soft handed artist type

the Bay Area is where most of the people who moved out of San Francisco ended up https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/People-are-leaving-S-F-but-not-for-Austin-or-15955527.ph
    socal burbs booming
    https://www.bizjournals.com/losangel...-move-out.html

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    You think that is silly? Shit in my hood is now around $1,333 per sq ft
    jackson has entered the chat lol
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    the Bay Area is where most of the people who moved out of San Francisco ended up https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/People-are-leaving-S-F-but-not-for-Austin-or-15955527.ph
    socal burbs booming
    https://www.bizjournals.com/losangel...-move-out.html
    Isn't SoCal essentially one giant burb?

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    Isn't SoCal essentially one giant burb?
    Not really, but LA & Orange counties do make one ridiculously large burb for sure. I have always prayed the Russians would nuke it, but no luck so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Immigrants, both legal and illegal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This gets fixed fast, like in a month, by Federal legislation, or you are just setting the grounds for civil disorder that will make last summer and Occupy Wall Street look like kindgartners squabbling on the playground.
    Curious as to what legislation you think would accomplish this- like what angle would you come at the problem from?

Sent from my SM-G935P using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Curious as to what legislation you think would accomplish this- like what angle would you come at the problem from?

I don't know... not my area of expertise... some kind of stringent antitrust focused on housing?

You remove the dream of home ownership from the American dream and bad things follow

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post

Tax appreciation of real estate held by corporations the same as corporate net income.