Page 317 of 1084 FirstFirst ... 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 ... LastLast
Results 7,901 to 7,925 of 27076
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I dunno - I saw some when I was up there over Labor Day.
    OK, not much legal for bikes.

Most of what is legal is dirt bike/atv/horse bullshit.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    OK, not much legal for bikes.

Most of what is legal is dirt bike/atv/horse bullshit.
    Yeah - it looks like the best terrain around there is SOLIDLY locked up in Designated Wilderness. But, you know... Jackson is just a short drive away.

They can't just keep building out there on the plains, because the water has to come from somewhere.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    They can't just keep building out there on the plains, because the water has to come from somewhere.
    Just drill until you hit the Ogallala! And start pumpin'...

Just drill until you hit the Ogallala! And start pumpin'...
    actually, that ship has sailed too. At least in Colorado.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Don't worry. Next drought (remember the last one a few years ago?), Everybody will just blame "climate change".

First there's no water, then there's a ship sailing by. Which is it?

Right you are!

So just buy out the water rights from those farmers out there. Just keep taking additional briefcases full of cash until they say, "Yes!"

A few years ago I stayed in a Marriot way out on 470 as it turns north to the airport, so I was positioned well to escape east the next morning. I forget the town. Parker? Anyway, so bizarre . Everything, and I mean everything, was brand new. Homes, strip malls, corporate parks, all new or still under construction. Not many churches, but, hey, it's 2019. Probably the closest I'll see of what China is like in America, without the towers.

Right you are!

So just buy out the water rights from those farmers out there. Just keep taking additional briefcases full of cash until they say, "Yes!"

They'll laugh at you and point to their wind towers, and say, cash. Gold, baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    A few years ago I stayed in a Marriot way out on 470 as it turns north to the airport, so I was positioned well to escape east the next morning. I forget the town. Parker? Anyway, so bizarre . Everything, and I mean everything, was brand new. Homes, strip malls, corporate parks, all new or still under construction. Not many churches, but, hey, it's 2019. Probably the closest I'll see of what China is like in America, without the towers.
    That was probably Parker or eastern Aurora. And don't worry - there are bound to be a couple mega-churches strategically located to serve the "casual Christians"...

The towers in China are incredible though. We took a couple little roadtrips out of Beijing when we were there and they go on and on and on. Row after row of almost-identical apartment blocks, ~20 stories tall, to the horizon. It must be what an ant feels like to live there, I can't see how you could possibly feel like an individual. A filing system for humans, huge file cabinets of people. Wait, what were we talking about?

Did you just go through the drive thru?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post

Dude kicked ass this year and I got him approved for a promotion and a 33% pay increase.

what is the scope of work for what he is doing , paint with broad brush if you need to protect and not the dox.. just curious what someone can excel at remote, do well enough to warrant big raise , guys got to be producing revenue somehow, right? sales? or some report someone else is selling within the company ...but cant bill until he produces the 'product' - very curious - pleas share
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Right you are!

Actually, the federal government is already paying farmers out there to retire their land. In any event, the Ogallala is too far from Denver metro.
    They'll laugh at you and point to their wind towers, and say, cash. Gold, baby.
    Not sure what your point is, but as a theoretical matter a farmer could sell his water rights and keep the land (and lease payments because of the turbines).

Actually, the federal government is already paying farmers out there to retire their land. In any event, the Ogallala is too far from Denver metro.Not sure what your point is, but as a theoretical matter a farmer could sell his water rights and keep the land (and lease payments because of the turbines).
    Yeah, but, it's not that simple, right? Aquafiers aren't private property determined by land above, right? I hope not.

Actually, the federal government is already paying farmers out there to retire their land. In any event, the Ogallala is too far from Denver metro.Not sure what your point is, but as a theoretical matter a farmer could sell his water rights and keep the land (and lease payments because of the turbines).
    Yeah - I was mostly tongue-in-cheek referencing it because of the conversation moving towards the north and east of metro Denver...

A little horizontal drilling and BOOM, baby. Water for thous^H^H^H^H^H hundr^H^H^H^H^H a few years!

Yeah, but, it's not that simple, right? Aquafiers aren't private property determined by land above, right? I hope not.
    Most of the farmers out there are using water from the Platte - their water rights are surface water rights, IIRC.

It's definitely not that simple. Transfer of designated basin water rights is just a wee bit beyond the scope of tgr's real estate thread.

It's definitely not that simple. Transfer of designated basin water rights is just a wee bit beyond the scope of tgr's real estate thread.
    That's never stopped this board before.
    See: Skougar

Right you are!

Seems like the plan for the SLV

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/article/western-water/

Interesting history about water in the West. If only they could bottle it and sell it...oh wait...never mind.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    shitty as always
    people paying 500 - 700 a sq ft for shit box ski town real estate yes
    people balking at a 150 dollar a sq ft upgrade yes
    taxes going up because people paying too much for real estate yes
    my home worth three times what I paid yes
    do I give a shit no
    does the real estate market in ohio suck balls yes
    is the real estate market in colorado over inflated yes
    is mountain town real estate over inflated no cause there are only so many ski towns
    will I get a blow job tonight yes
    How much did it cost?

Meanwhile in NH my water table is so high I have to use pump-up septic.

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    How much did it cost?
    You pay dearly for convenience and happiness
    it's difficult to put a price on these things, it's easy to quantify real estate but timing is everything
    this thread made me think the other night that you can goto some places in the country and buy a beater house for 50k or less
    I have friends in less desirable places whose mortgage is less than some peoples car payment
    then you say stupid things like sure you can go ski in japan and the alps this year
    I'll take the kids to my grandmothers house in scottsdale while you go have fun
    everything in life has a price what are you willing to pay