Page 331 of 1084 FirstFirst ... 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,275 of 27096
    It does seem strange, but it was one of the few things are RE agent called out, which was the smoke detectors/carbon monoxide detectors having been inspected. We had our house pre-inspected, and the buyer waived the inspection process, as he had ended up going with the same inspection company to do our house.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Like the FD comes and signs off that a single family residence has working smoke detectors? Why would any FD in the country do that?
    I believe the FD sets a small furniture fire and observes the detectors in action. Requires a professional obv.

Me, thinking about the 0.01% chance I keep my job, RE crashes and bitcoin does well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cover5.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	321310

The boutique fitness studio my wife works at sold yesterday. That's awesome, because the former owner has proven himself to be a piece of shit. But, I'm absolutely blown away that anyone would buy a gym right now. The new guy must either burn cash to heat his house, or he's a complete idiot. I suppose both are possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    The boutique fitness studio my wife works at sold yesterday. That's awesome, because the former owner has proven himself to be a piece of shit. But, I'm absolutely blown away that anyone would buy a gym right now. The new guy must either burn cash to heat his house, or he's a complete idiot. I suppose both are possible.
    I'm truly happy for you and your wife. You folks were putting up with some real horseshit from that place...

Real Estate Crash thread

The purchaser/new owner likely had it under contract months ago, got through diligence period before the outbreak and would have had to risk their escrow deposit to back out.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I'm truly happy for you and your wife. You folks were putting up with some real horseshit from that place...
    You know that second 1099 I was waiting on? I received it March 6, and it was filled out by hand. I'm surprised it wasn't in crayon. He had also refused to close because of the pandemic. He has one other location that is still open, probably the only open gym in the state. Mark my words, it's going to be the source of a major outbreak. The new owner had the sense to close immediately, so that's a good sign..

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    In know of a Chinese restaurant business sale that closed last week. Strange times...

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    In know of a Chinese restaurant business sale that closed last week. Strange times...
    Isn't that mostly takeout biz anyway? I know my takeout habits have slightly increased in recent weeks attempting to support local places. Looks like that's about to end maybe? Still would be worried about it in these weird times.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

No, they have a full bar and 100 seat restaurant. The do some takeout but it's probably 25% of the sales.

Was planning to sell as wife has a major job change occurring by June 15. Didn't know where we were going until Friday. Yay.

So where you going? And where are you selling?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Portland. Selling in the same state but not commuting distance.

had the " we need to talk about the rent " convo with the tennant today
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    had the " we need to talk about the rent " convo with the tennant today
    Mine said lets keep it as is and she'll blow me a few times a month. Decisions, decisions?

j/k
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

only a few times ?

Depends.
    Swallow, or spit?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Just be sure your water heater is double strapped and you have a fire and carbon monoxide alarm up for him to takes photos of and leave as he just wants to take a few photos for the bank.
    I asked if he cared about these things (I only have one strap on the tank) and he said no. I asked him about staying sanitary, he said leave all lights on and all doors open and he doesn't have to touch anything. And the fact his mom is going through chemo made me feel good he doesn't want to catch anything either. He's all done, came today, so if we don't all die from him, the refinancing is moving along...so it's possible to get an appraisal, but as you said what about a notary? We will see....

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Mine said lets keep it as is and she'll blow me a few times a month. Decisions, decisions?

j/k
    Toss in anal to sweeten that deal.

Muted, so far the notaries are still working and Benny, anal was never my thing. YRMV

tennant can come up with half for sure and we go from there

Lol at baby boomer landlords talking of trading sexual favors for rent in an economic depression. So funny you guys! Hahaha.

Oh man, some of you like anal and some of you like bjs. That's hilarious!

Your love gives me such a thrill
    A-but your love don't pay my bills

I need a-money, that's all I want
    That's what I want, that's what I want

This is interesting. Rental market exploding in tourist heavy towns. AirBnB bubble pops.

https://twitter.com/DSAEastBay/statu...19016554876928

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Depends.
    Swallow, or spit?
    Does it really matter.

Unless she’s a smearer. That’s not right
    . . .