Page 782 of 1076 FirstFirst ... 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 ... LastLast
Results 19,526 to 19,550 of 26884
    Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    no one is saying don't move to Idaho.
    Nonsense. I'll say that all day long and twice on Sunday. Idaho is mediocre and the only thing most of the state has going for it is being less crowded due to its mediocrity. Crowded and mediocre is its future, so why bother? There are exceptions--some people will enjoy it. But most won't and for them it's not idealism, it's just a practical fact: if you are moving someplace you want to change, why not find the place that is already changed to that and go there instead?

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Nonsense. I'll say that all day long and twice on Sunday. Idaho is mediocre and the only thing most of the state has going for it is being less crowded due to its mediocrity. Crowded and mediocre is its future, so why bother? There are exceptions--some people will enjoy it. But most won't and for them it's not idealism, it's just a practical fact: if you are moving someplace you want to change, why not find the place that is already changed to that and go there instead?
    Ha. And you have to interact with inbred blowhards like birdhunter there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Well, glad we can agree that education funding in Idaho needs an overhaul.

IMHO, observing that the current tax structure doesn't support local public servants is hardly complaining about the place where I live.

The issue I'm bringing up doesn't even personally affect me. I don't have kids in the local school district. I have friends who are teachers.

And sure- people moving here is a factor, among other things.
    There are some real vocal true locals the get real fired up against bonds and levies for the schools and make petitions to make fire/ems volunteer again. Move ins have improved this place in particular by approving the bonds and levies for the schools and sheriff department/courthouse. I’m guessing you’ll see one for road and bridge before too long as what they’re tasked to maintain is far outpacing their budget.

I'd go back to blaming Boomers. It's the same reason that Florida schools suck. Older people are moving away from taxes to these places, and certainly don't want to pay for other people's education. Been there, done that

yeah benny, i blame you too.

Why?

are you saying you’re not a boomer?

Well, I'm a Boomer, but I haven't moved to a stupid gun toting state just to save on taxes. I like being around smart people.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm a Boomer, but I haven't moved to a stupid gun toting state just to save on taxes. I like being around smart people.
    Do they like being around you?

Fubar? Fubar to me is strung out on meth/crack/heroin with no high school diploma and living in a concrete apartment out on Fireline road with the car up on blocks and the bus only visits twice a day. If that.

Quote Originally Posted by shitheel69 View Post
    Do they like being around you?
    Please. Never visit NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    There are some real vocal true locals the get real fired up against bonds and levies for the schools and make petitions to make fire/ems volunteer again. Move ins have improved this place in particular by approving the bonds and levies for the schools and sheriff department/courthouse. I’m guessing you’ll see one for road and bridge before too long as what they’re tasked to maintain is far outpacing their budget.
    Sounds like the problem is all the move ins supporting all those greedy teachers, firefighters, sheriff's deputies and road maintenance workers. They moved here from somewhere else with functioning public services and now they want to change this place to make it the same as wherever they left! /s

…IMHO, observing that the current tax structure doesn't support local public servants is hardly complaining about the place where I live..

And sure- people moving here is a factor, among other things.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Move somewhere and don't get involved in the community and people complain.
    Move somewhere and get involved in the community and people complain.

Mostly, people just want to complain and remind you they are more local than you are because they moved there before you did.
    And this.

Sounds like the problem is all the move ins supporting all those greedy teachers, firefighters, sheriff's deputies and road maintenance workers. They moved here from somewhere else with functioning public services and now they want to change this place to make it the same as wherever they left! /s
    And finally, this.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    He also knows the value of a well-invested trust fund and a long-awaited inheritance, so he's got all the bases covered.
    The only way to be successful in this life is make sure your more full of shit than every one else the more believed the better mtn towns are easy to do that in like way easy cause the average life span of people is 2-3 years some make itto the gold star level of 6 to 10 my bro and I were puffing bowels at the office this morning laughing we can't complain

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    <snip> my bro and I were puffing bowels
    Is that what kid's are calling it these days?

NTTAWWT.

See a real estate hustler made it to be president of the wealthiest nation in the world. People bought into his bullshit mostly because they are greedy little fucks themselves. Us hustlers recognize it and pick up the pieces when those people lose the gamble. It's all a game yo.

Trumps not a real estate hustler. He's a trust fund kid. That's the key to success in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Trumps not a real estate hustler. He's a trust fund kid. That's the key to success in this country.
    He's both and you know it.

Well, 300 million is more than trust fund level.

Hustler and tax cheat. But everyone in that industry does that.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    my bro and I were puffing bowels at the office this morning laughing we can't complain
    Geez fred.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    He's both and you know it.
    However, he likely has lost as much as he made in RE, his current ‘worth’ is apparently based on licensing properties. And stiffing people.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

That's one good way to frame it to make you look like a savior for the locals.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    However, he likely has lost as much as he made in RE, his current ‘worth’ is apparently based on licensing properties. And stiffing people.
    Don't forget the campaign funds.

Kevo, the real problem you face in places like Teton Valley is they are completely entrenched in their world views. They don't believe in progressive taxation (take from the rich and give to the poor) even when doing so would benefit themselves. So when a new guy shows up with loads of cash, rather than scheme of ways to separate him from his money, which is what they should be doing, they just sit around pissed off at the world.

Send them over to Stainless. Dude's a go getter, unlike the people who just sit around bitchin that life is unfair.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang