Page 761 of 1077 FirstFirst ... 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 ... LastLast
Results 19,001 to 19,025 of 26908
    Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    How about stilts AND pontoons? Strap some pontoons under the house, if the water overtops the stilts the house floats off. Probably important to have a good anchor out though I guess.

Ideas like this is why you guys pay me the big bucks.
    Now we are talking. I will just put the money I would have spent on insurance into pontoons and a navy surplus destroyer anchor.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Don't forget to buy a long chain when you get the anchor.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Is there land that high in all of FL? Miami needs pumps to keep the seawater from flooding it on the reg.

This is a good place to start visualizing where things are headed if sea level rises...
    https://www.climate.gov/maps-data/da...ise-map-viewer
    Highest point in FL is 345’ above sea level. But that is practically Abalama…

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britton_Hill
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

I wouldn't mess with an anchor, just a really good locator beacon with backup batteries.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Highest point in FL is 345’ above sea level. But that is practically Abalama…

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britton_Hill
    Anything south of Okeechobee is practically sea level. I've seen Ariel photos of down there that basically say, swamp. Really big swamp. The bridges over the intercoastal are the only hills.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Anything south of Okeechobee is practically sea level. I've seen Ariel photos of down there that basically say, swamp. Really big swamp. The bridges over the intercoastal are the only hills.
    Wtf do mermaids know about photography?

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Nice. Bless his heart.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Funny. I was thinking the same thing when I read that reply.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Valid concerns telee. We live 30 feet above sea level and I get worried. If your 50 feet above sea level, I could see you pulling the trigger, but if it is 10 feet above sea level, one good storm surge and you are gone and maybe wiped from the face of the Earth.
    Cmon guys. Thankfully 30’ of sea rise isn’t happening in our lives, nor our kids or grandkids lives. 3’ by 2100 maybe. Well unless a meteor hits Antarctica or something.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    The name will finally make sense.

So does the pronunciation change? Or should we just call it The Pod?

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Cmon guys. Thankfully 30’ of sea rise isn’t happening in our lives, nor our kids or grandkids lives. 3’ by 2100 maybe. Well unless a meteor hits Antarctica or something.
    30’ of sea level rise? No.

30’ of storm surge? Maybe? It’s all water…

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    "2019 was Teton Valley’s best year for real estate since the Global Financial Crisis. Transactions grew to 586 sales (which out-paced the Jackson Hole market) and the complementing dollar volume swelled to $181M. In 2019 the median home price was $450,000.

Then came Covid, and the real estate surge that came with it. By the end of 2020, transactions had nearly doubled year-over-year to more than 1,100 sales. Dollar volume followed suit to $364M. How much more could the market grow?

During the first nine months of 2021, Teton Valley resoundingly answered that question. 2021 transactions through September showed nearly 900 sales with $450M in overall sales volume. Vacant land sales were up 70% over the first nine months of 2020 and represent 67.2% of all sales in 2021 so far. The median home price has grown to $750,000 (quite the difference from $450,000 in 2019).

If Teton Valley continues its break-neck pace for Q4, the year-end total is poised to reach $600M, or nearly triple the overall dollar volume from just two years ago."
    Kicking myself for not buying TV in the 2009 dip. Fuck me. Not to cash in, but to have a retirement dream.
    . . .

NEWS IN BRIEF

Fannie Mae Issues Billions Of Mortgage-Backed NFTs

Yesterday 11:10AM

Alerts

WASHINGTON—Calling it a no-risk investment guaranteed to appreciate in value over time, Fannie Mae officials announced Thursday that the lender had issued billions of Mortgage-backed NFTs. “This is as stable as they come, over the entire history of NFTs, they have only appreciated in value,” said CEO Hugh Frater, who noted that the collections of bundled NFTs have received a triple-A rating from every major credit agency. “We believe NFTs are the new cornerstone of American investment and savings, something that everyone should tie their retirement to if they are trying to be conservative. We’ve also sliced-and-diced stable NFTs with less secure NFTs and repackaged them to protect our investors from risk. That way, the only problem would be if the entire NFT market crashed, which we see as a total impossibility.” At press time, Fannie Mae was entering the futures market by hedging their mortgages against the future price of NFTs.

Ha!

Can’t be fudged

Nice place. Great price. 40 mins outside Seattle.

https://www.redfin.com/WA/Maple-Vall...H2AcEZtTIdChhw

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post

On the bright side, it might flood, which should make cleanup easier

With that amount of staging, I’m guessing there are chocolate chip cookies in the oven for the open house.

And like most dreams, there's a monster at the end of it.

$400K, holy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    "2019 was Teton Valley’s best year for real estate since the Global Financial Crisis. Transactions grew to 586 sales (which out-paced the Jackson Hole market) and the complementing dollar volume swelled to $181M. In 2019 the median home price was $450,000.

Then came Covid, and the real estate surge that came with it. By the end of 2020, transactions had nearly doubled year-over-year to more than 1,100 sales. Dollar volume followed suit to $364M. How much more could the market grow?

During the first nine months of 2021, Teton Valley resoundingly answered that question. 2021 transactions through September showed nearly 900 sales with $450M in overall sales volume. Vacant land sales were up 70% over the first nine months of 2020 and represent 67.2% of all sales in 2021 so far. The median home price has grown to $750,000 (quite the difference from $450,000 in 2019).

If Teton Valley continues its break-neck pace for Q4, the year-end total is poised to reach $600M, or nearly triple the overall dollar volume from just two years ago."
    That's pretty wild.

When are you moving up full time?

They don’t call it cascappalachia for nothing

Over 3 wooded acres on the river.

We’ve all seen worse.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    $400K, holy shit.
    Yeah! That's fucking cheap! I'll take two!