Page 782 of 864 FirstFirst ... 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 ... LastLast
Results 19,526 to 19,550 of 21588
  1. #19526
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Mayonnaisium
    Posts
    9,345
    Move somewhere and don't get involved in the community and people complain.
    Move somewhere and get involved in the community and people complain.

    Mostly, people just want to complain and remind you they are more local than you are because they moved there before you did.

  2. #19527
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    11,180
    bingo

  3. #19528
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Shuswap Highlands
    Posts
    3,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Move somewhere and don't get involved in the community and people complain.
    Move somewhere and get involved in the community and people complain.

    Mostly, people just want to complain and remind you they are more local than you are because they moved there before you did.
    Yup. Been true in every small town I have lived in, and we don't have anywhere near the population pressures you guys have south of the 49th.

  4. #19529
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    in a freezer in Italy
    Posts
    4,893
    Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    False. The hustle is the only way to live. Fuck the world don't ask me for shit, and everything you get ya gotta work hard for it...

    Fred knows this well
    He also knows the value of a well-invested trust fund and a long-awaited inheritance, so he's got all the bases covered.

  5. #19530
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Vacationland
    Posts
    5,181
    Quote Originally Posted by TAFKALVS View Post
    Oh hell yeah, already looking for the next place.

    Arco, Idaho or Havre, Montana seem like affordable mountain towns. Gotta be ahead of the trends.
    Arco, holy fuck. I drove through there a couple years ago, isn't that the home of the nuke plant?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    West End. 1900s brick place with a yard, a garage, and some ivy. Ran across it last year on a virtual walk around the neighborhood when the house around the corner was for sale. If I recall correctly the other house was comparable in size without the yard and sold for less than half of this one.
    Give a shout when the tour happens, I'm up on Munjoy Hill in the new high rent district.

  6. #19531
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,330
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    If anyone who moved to a place didn't try to change the politics and policies Colorado would still be a red state.

    And so what if people move to a new state and try to make the state, in their mind, better? If liberal, wealthy people from Seattle move to Spokane and try to change Spokane is that ok because it is the same state? But it is not ok for them to move 20 minutes down the road to Coeur d’Alene and do the same? The same phenomenon is happening within metro areas just the same as it is happening in Teton Valley. Get used to it and embrace it.
    And all the old CO locals would love it to be Red still - people came in and changed it. Not respecting the locals and their culture is one very big reason why we have Trump. As Conundrum said, it's more about the irony of Kevo's post, no one is saying don't move to Idaho.

  7. #19532
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Move somewhere and don't get involved in the community and people complain.
    Move somewhere and get involved in the community and people complain.

    Mostly, people just want to complain and remind you they are more local than you are because they moved there before you did.
    No, just approach it with some nuance.

  8. #19533
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,885
    Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    no one is saying don't move to Idaho.
    Nonsense. I'll say that all day long and twice on Sunday. Idaho is mediocre and the only thing most of the state has going for it is being less crowded due to its mediocrity. Crowded and mediocre is its future, so why bother? There are exceptions--some people will enjoy it. But most won't and for them it's not idealism, it's just a practical fact: if you are moving someplace you want to change, why not find the place that is already changed to that and go there instead?

  9. #19534
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,330
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Nonsense. I'll say that all day long and twice on Sunday. Idaho is mediocre and the only thing most of the state has going for it is being less crowded due to its mediocrity. Crowded and mediocre is its future, so why bother? There are exceptions--some people will enjoy it. But most won't and for them it's not idealism, it's just a practical fact: if you are moving someplace you want to change, why not find the place that is already changed to that and go there instead?
    Ha. And you have to interact with inbred blowhards like birdhunter there.

  10. #19535
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Behind the Potato Curtain
    Posts
    3,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Well, glad we can agree that education funding in Idaho needs an overhaul.

    IMHO, observing that the current tax structure doesn't support local public servants is hardly complaining about the place where I live.

    The issue I'm bringing up doesn't even personally affect me. I don't have kids in the local school district. I have friends who are teachers.

    And sure- people moving here is a factor, among other things.
    There are some real vocal true locals the get real fired up against bonds and levies for the schools and make petitions to make fire/ems volunteer again. Move ins have improved this place in particular by approving the bonds and levies for the schools and sheriff department/courthouse. I’m guessing you’ll see one for road and bridge before too long as what they’re tasked to maintain is far outpacing their budget.

  11. #19536
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Looking down
    Posts
    50,072
    I'd go back to blaming Boomers. It's the same reason that Florida schools suck. Older people are moving away from taxes to these places, and certainly don't want to pay for other people's education. Been there, done that

    Still watching the pathetic TGR echo chamber

  12. #19537
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    5,184
    yeah benny, i blame you too.

  13. #19538
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Looking down
    Posts
    50,072
    Why?

    Still watching the pathetic TGR echo chamber

  14. #19539
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    5,184
    are you saying you’re not a boomer?

  15. #19540
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Looking down
    Posts
    50,072
    Well, I'm a Boomer, but I haven't moved to a stupid gun toting state just to save on taxes. I like being around smart people.

    Still watching the pathetic TGR echo chamber

  16. #19541
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm a Boomer, but I haven't moved to a stupid gun toting state just to save on taxes. I like being around smart people.
    Do they like being around you?

  17. #19542
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Looking down
    Posts
    50,072
    Fubar? Fubar to me is strung out on meth/crack/heroin with no high school diploma and living in a concrete apartment out on Fireline road with the car up on blocks and the bus only visits twice a day. If that.

    Still watching the pathetic TGR echo chamber

  18. #19543
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Looking down
    Posts
    50,072
    Quote Originally Posted by shitheel69 View Post
    Do they like being around you?
    Please. Never visit NYC.

    Still watching the pathetic TGR echo chamber

  19. #19544
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Movin' On
    Posts
    3,147
    Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    There are some real vocal true locals the get real fired up against bonds and levies for the schools and make petitions to make fire/ems volunteer again. Move ins have improved this place in particular by approving the bonds and levies for the schools and sheriff department/courthouse. I’m guessing you’ll see one for road and bridge before too long as what they’re tasked to maintain is far outpacing their budget.
    Sounds like the problem is all the move ins supporting all those greedy teachers, firefighters, sheriff's deputies and road maintenance workers. They moved here from somewhere else with functioning public services and now they want to change this place to make it the same as wherever they left! /s

  20. #19545
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Posts
    14,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    …IMHO, observing that the current tax structure doesn't support local public servants is hardly complaining about the place where I live..

    And sure- people moving here is a factor, among other things.
    This

    Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Move somewhere and don't get involved in the community and people complain.
    Move somewhere and get involved in the community and people complain.

    Mostly, people just want to complain and remind you they are more local than you are because they moved there before you did.
    And this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Sounds like the problem is all the move ins supporting all those greedy teachers, firefighters, sheriff's deputies and road maintenance workers. They moved here from somewhere else with functioning public services and now they want to change this place to make it the same as wherever they left! /s
    And finally, this.

  21. #19546
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    your vacation
    Posts
    3,393
    Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    He also knows the value of a well-invested trust fund and a long-awaited inheritance, so he's got all the bases covered.
    The only way to be successful in this life is make sure your more full of shit than every one else the more believed the better mtn towns are easy to do that in like way easy cause the average life span of people is 2-3 years some make itto the gold star level of 6 to 10 my bro and I were puffing bowels at the office this morning laughing we can't complain

  22. #19547
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    9,641
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    <snip> my bro and I were puffing bowels
    Is that what kid's are calling it these days?

    NTTAWWT.


  23. #19548
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,135
    See a real estate hustler made it to be president of the wealthiest nation in the world. People bought into his bullshit mostly because they are greedy little fucks themselves. Us hustlers recognize it and pick up the pieces when those people lose the gamble. It's all a game yo.

  24. #19549
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Keep Tacoma Feared
    Posts
    3,325
    Trumps not a real estate hustler. He's a trust fund kid. That's the key to success in this country.

  25. #19550
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,135
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Trumps not a real estate hustler. He's a trust fund kid. That's the key to success in this country.
    He's both and you know it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •