Page 884 of 1083 FirstFirst ... 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 ... LastLast
Results 22,076 to 22,100 of 27075
    Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Its as if they think the yuppy didnt have to work their ass off, and made no sacrifices to get where they are now. And the vocal local always seems to conveniently forget about the massive, obvious, whole-reason-for-living-where-they-do-benefit that they enjoyed all these years that the yuppy didnt.
    There's an argument to be made that people going at it with a wing and a prayer - instable, single threaded income - threaten the prosperity of the community as much or more than the insurgents.

Not sure I feel this way exactly, it's complicated. But I don't necessarily break out the tissues for people who have been stacking low end gigs n side hustles, living in crumbling rentals for the last 30 years. You've had 3 decades to read the tea leaves and get your shit together; plenty of success stories of people pulling it together while still living the life.

Investor types mostly can F off as far as I'm concerned. Detached from the community. I've seen new comers in my town draw water pretty quick when the lean into community and civic matters. Total contrast to some jaded long timers who spent all their capital being adversarial at every opportunity. But there's no denying that the new bloods come with some shitty ideas and tone-deaf entitlement.

People who live in these communities are just as responsible, if not more, than people who are moving in.

Ending up with a shit school system, no daycare network, STR's taking over your housing stock, low wages, etc does not just happen overnight.

I can certainly see the point of saying "hey, sit back and watch for a minute, get involved, volunteer, then have an opinion", but this whole responsibility shifting thing to the incomers, not the leavers or stayers just doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Woe be the man who is jet setting around the world making substantial sums.
    I always love when people think international business travel is something awesome and cushy. While it may be for some, for most it is just as soul crushing as any other type of work. It's definitely not as glamorous as many think it is. Is it awesome to be in Singapore for 3 weeks working 70+and hours a week and not seeing anything outside your hotel or a conference room and sacrificing friends/family? Yeah, I'll pass on that. It sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    I always love when people think international business travel is something awesome and cushy. While it may be for some, for most it is just as soul crushing as any other type of work. It's definitely not as glamorous as many think it is. Is it awesome to be in Singapore for 3 weeks working 70+and hours a week and not seeing anything outside your hotel or a conference room and sacrificing friends/family? Yeah, I'll pass on that. It sucked.
    i always love when people complain about going somewhere else on the company dime and doing something different while other rats are working 70+ hours in the hamster wheel at home. Bitching about business travel is a humblebrag. Some of it sucks, some doesn’t. Kevo had threads about fun shit to do on his travels.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    Investor types mostly can F off as far as I'm concerned. Detached from the community. I've seen new comers in my town draw water pretty quick when the lean into community and civic matters. Total contrast to some jaded long timers who spent all their capital being adversarial at every opportunity. But there's no denying that the new bloods come with some shitty ideas and tone-deaf entitlement.
    Pretty much this.

I know plenty of long time locals that are part of the problem, and I know plenty of newcomers that are (trying, in good faith) to be part of the solution.

Lumping people into categories based on how long they've lived somewhere isn't ultimately all that useful.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    I just did two work trips-Phoenix and Vegas so not even long flights. Nice dinners, booze, things. I would have rather stayed home and worked. Could have walked the dogs, gone for a bike ride and ate something from our garden. I’m with you. All a matter of perspective I guess. The grind is a grind regardless of what it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    We don't need to be. They'll catch the ire from the locals where ever they plant their new equity. It's an all inclusive hate from many tribes if we all do our part.
    Capitalism is a bitch.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

mad props to kevo he layed it out there for you bitches he was honest and as always had a many good things to say solid work

BLAME whoever THE FUCK YOU WANT at the end of the day it is everything adding up really fucking fast STR, work from home, limited resources and land, cost of living, stupid rich people who can buy anything they want one of my clients is very well repspected and I dig him too, but his take home pay this year will be north of 12 million (so maybe he's the problem)

can you imagine moving to a ski town at age 22 with three million in your pocket that shits real

I mean who the hell doesn't want to live in a ski town a small mountain town with amenities

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Capitalism is a bitch.
    yeah specially the part about working hard to get the shit you want

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Fastfred says a lot of shit cube monkeys want to hear
    brah, nicest thing you said about me, thanks

now all you trg cunts guess what I'm high as a mother fucking kite right now like not sure I can peddle a bike high but guess what just at the edge of my patio where the weeds start the single track starts

who doesn't want that in their back yard? if you can buy in make it work one way or another you do it and you shut the fuck up go about your business and fit right in

Too high to peddle a bike?

That’s pretty fucking high.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    brah, nicest thing you said about me, thanks

now all you trg cunts guess what I'm high as a mother fucking kite right now like not sure I can peddle a bike high but guess what just at the edge of my patio where the weeds start the single track starts

who doesn't want that in their back yard? if you can buy in make it work one way or another you do it and you shut the fuck up go about your business and fit right in
    lol, Freddie try hard. Mountain towns have sold envy for years and you are one of the biggest pimps. The evolution to “fuck you I got mine” is the end game

But what if Fred really got his?

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    lol, Freddie try hard. Mountain towns have sold envy for years and you are one of the biggest pimps. The evolution to “fuck you I got mine” is the end game
    duh do you think I give a shit about anyone else? I have zero compassion does that make me a bad person?
    I got it didn't mean to get it it just happened

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    But what if Fred really got his?
    prolly prolly not
    we all have different goals and objectives in life
    I can easily be jealous of someone else and what they have there are a number of things I don't have in my life that cause jealousy of others

sweet ride boys I did just aok
    I od'd a couple weeks ago on edibles (long story) at least a good buddy came over rescued me and got me to ride for four hours instead of having convulsions on the floor the first pedel stroke was the hardest

It's pedal, you fucking moran

the first pedel stroke was the hardest
    Word

I went the go try and get a good job and forgo mountain town living when young. Still haven’t made it, likely never will.

buck up little camper, you can do it

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    It's pedal, you fucking moran
    Or. The first pedo stroke is the hardest?

This thread is exhausting. I'm bailing on TV soonish for a lot of the reasons AR mentioned. I'll commute back for work. Kevo, my seat on the Housing Authority board will likely open up if you'd like to carry the torch. Good folks doing good work that will make a difference in the near future, I think you'd be a good fit.

I know ^^ its hard to keep up with the multiple instances of holier than thou

i'm pretty sure all of you would take the money and run
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Just got a letter from one of my wholesalers

30 to 40% increase.

Batten the hatches. Plan for hyperinflation.

Holy fubar
    Ouch. What type of product/s?

Without doxxing myself, it’s construction related retail.

I made an across the board 25% increase on my point of sale software.
    Customers are going to freak out. But it is what it is.

Margin is going down. But gross is going up. But I guess it offsets all the raises I gave recently. Had to give raises since the grocery store offers $19 starting pay.

^ here in Bozeman mc'd's and Walmart are starting at 22$. Dishwashers in town earning 26$+

Saw a grocery ad the other day, all dept's 19-25$ starting.

I think those^^ wages will turn around when the employer can pay less somewhere down the road but for now thats what the employer has to do

more than half the restaurants in town are for sale, its a small town so not huge numbers but still, its really hard to get staff and people are still recovering from lockdown

we have a community college in town that has a whole bunch of south AZN students a couple of cooks from somewhere in the world, a tunisian bar manager , a guy from russia

thank dog they are all here or there wouldn't be anybody to check my groceries,
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I od'd a couple weeks ago on edibles (long story)
    Seems like a story worth telling, no?

Thread drift, but when I over do the edibles, I try and take a nap. Usually that works, but if you're really high, not really. All you can do is relax and wait. I try not to do that. Carry on...
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.