Page 334 of 1080 FirstFirst ... 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 ... LastLast
Results 8,326 to 8,350 of 26983
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Dude, I'm sure that, if you've been listening to or watching media the past few weeks, you've heard about the oft told quote from the Fed last year, that 40% of Americans can't come up with 400 dollars cash in an emergency. Now, you may scoff and think, oh, that's the Deplorables, which it is, of course, but don't kid yourself that that scales up to the other half, minus the top 1%, who have built a nice house of cards out of their financial life, based on credit and probably dual salaries, that could disappear in the matter of months if spending isn't reeled in pronto. I mean, the entire, the entire fucking restaraunt industry didn't just vanish in '08, just to mention one business. Poof.
    Now, I'm more surprised than anybody that mountain RE bounced back after 08. I thought I'd have the pick if the litter at closeout prices. Nope. Just the opposite. We'll see what happens now. Maybe, in white privilege land, mom and dad save the kids from harm, and the economy bounces back, and its back to the races to an even more unequeal society. Maybe not. But, there has to be a ton of mountain RE people who are in the edge of affordability, and will liquidate out of necessity, especially if they are jobless for a while. Deals may only last a few years, if at all, so, I'm watching.
    Heard some famous chefwhat his what from top chef say he expects only 25% of restaurants to survive. He closed all his and laid off 300. The devestation to the industry is going to be unprecedented.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

^^^^Just one more reason never to do personal guarantees for a business.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

popular restaurant in town lost a chef to covid and shut it all down.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-Ka-nTBQh3/

what happens when grocery workers start dropping

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    listings are way up in utardia north of slc, though buyers seem to be still on point and enjoying the increased inventory, for now
    I look almost everyday, and I've definitely seen an increase in lower price homes that look like they've been rentals.

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post

Next unemployed person up.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

There will be a million headlines like this soon: "The Cheesecake Factory Tells Landlords Across the Country It Won’t Be Able to Pay Rent on April 1"

wrong thread (though of course they're all related now).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

ha. I thought I was in the other thread

Chef Floyd isn't the chef, owner, or investor at Pok Pok.

thanks for the clarification. I misinterpreted the post by PokPok

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    Chef Floyd isn't the chef, owner, or investor at Pok Pok.
    yeah, I just saw that too. He was in NYC, but his death caused Pok Pok to close up shop.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Realistically though, I don't know many servers that own real estate outside of affordable housing.

I think the loss of the restaurant industry "safety net" though is going to be interesting if this recession sticks around. In 08 I got punted there myself but I was able to find work serving tables. I don't know what a lot of people are going to do now that the entire industry is basically being run by a couple cooks and a FOH manager running a drive thru.
    Live Free or Die

https://www.salon.com/2020/03/25/ren...avirus-housing

Nicole Karlis
    March 25, 2020 1:00PM (UTC)

As states "shelter in place" to flatten the curve of the novel coronavirus spreading, there is uncertainty around what the aftermath will look like economically, especially when it comes to the housing market. But as anxious citizens practicing social distancing search the internet for silver linings, one popular post has been circulating on Twitter suggesting that the rental market is currently "exploding" because more short-term rental properties are for sale as their owners aren't able offer them to travelers.

However, housing experts who spoke to Salon aren't so hasty to declare any such optimistic findings yet, but they are already seeing some interesting patterns that could indicate how this will all play out.

"What's going on broadly in the housing market is that a lot of people are taking a 'wait and see' approach," Zillow economist Jeff Tucker told Salon. "So that would be sellers holding off, and they're worried. They say 'Oh, I won't be able to have an open house; My agent won't even be able to meet people in person, to show them around the house,' especially in states or cities where there's been a stay-at-home order. As we've heard that already in California, those orders are really causing the purchase side of the real estate market to grind to a halt."
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

coworker is due to pick up keys to her new place, but per her description, cannot contractually complete the walk through required. funny if true, but that’s rough.

Real Estate Crash thread

2 homes in my neighborhood have sold in the past 2 weeks for a million +. which flabbergasted me (not bc of the price but bc of the timing)
    why not wait a couple weeks and get it a hundred thousand cheaper?
    Our mkt won’t crash as much as others but that just seems lazy
    skid luxury

“I want that squirrel, daddy, and I want him NOW!”
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Contracts went hard, weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Contracts went hard, weeks ago.
    I don’t think so. I know these neighbors so have followed the progress and it’s pretty damn easy to get out with contingencies.
    why wouldn’t you risk losing a couple grand in earnest money to save tens of thousands?
    but as rideit mentions- people want what they want. and happy for my neighbors that got top dollhair
    skid luxury

In CA RE is not an essential service, so the market is dead with no showings. Sure you can look at it on-line, but your going to make an offer sight unseen until you own it?

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    2 homes in my neighborhood have sold in the past 2 weeks for a million +. which flabbergasted me (not bc of the price but bc of the timing)
    why not wait a couple weeks and get it a hundred thousand cheaper?
    Our mkt won’t crash as much as others but that just seems lazy
    Momentum.

Bunny is gonna have to get a job working 30+ hrs a week in Summit before he will qualify for anything in his price range.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Bunny is gonna have to get a job working 30+ hrs a week in Summit before he will qualify for anything in his price range.
    At least he will qualify for affordable housing w those 30 hrs then he can be a real local talking about winning

Sent from my SM-J737V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    In CA RE is not an essential service, so the market is dead with no showings. Sure you can look at it on-line, but your going to make an offer sight unseen until you own it?
    Had some clients by a house a couple months ago site unseen just photos on the internet showed up a couple months after closing to actually see it they were alittle disappointed so they dropped 200k to make it better

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Fuck working. I'm talking about cash. Free and clear.

Remember 1991.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Fuck working. I'm talking about cash. Free and clear.

Remember 1991.
    Sorry pal, all the affordable housing now is deed restricted. Maybe in 20 years