Page 583 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 ... LastLast
Results 14,551 to 14,575 of 27108
    Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Yep, thats pretty much where I fall in this. Total dick move, realtor (fuck broker, they are a realtor, use whatever word you want to make yourself feel better). The REALTOR, assisted the seller in collecting the offers and then at the end called the seller and said they would like to submit a higher offer and buy it himself. I am sure it is legal, fucking no where near ethical in my book.
    So he bought it himself? Yeah maybe dick move, but his legal relationship is with the seller so you weren’t ever a party to it.

But hey, this is lawyer stuff now. Hire a lawyer and sue if you were harmed.

Maybe the lawyers have a different take.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Real Estate Crash thread

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    damn, calling everyone ignorant for not knowing the nuances of an industry where they maybe interact 1 to a small handful of times in their lives?
    You sound like a really helpful whateverthefuckyouare
    Not knowing something is literally being ignorant of it.

“lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about a particular thing.”

As far as being helpful, now you know. Everyone who read that is no longer ignorant!!

Dirt Pimp? Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    So he bought it himself? Yeah maybe dick move, but his legal relationship is with the seller so you weren’t ever a party to it.

No, it seems like whatever issue that is here, if there is one, is between the realtor and his client. With the listing agent and buyer being one and the same, it seems like a situation ripe for shenanigans, but any shenanigans would only legally injure the seller and not any potential buyers. So maybe there's a formal ethical issue there, maybe not, but either way, the potential buyers don't have any legal grounds to object.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Or the inflation will normalize as supply chains get fixed.
    Also, nice graphs with zero context there on what question or item they represent.
    https://data.sca.isr.umich.edu/charts.php

Not knowing something is literally being ignorant of it.

“lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about a particular thing.”

As far as being helpful, now you know. Everyone who read that is no longer ignorant!!

Dirt Pimp? Sure.

You do realize that "ignorant" is a pejorative term, right?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Yea, no thanks. Like I said I am sure it was legal, just because something is legal doesn't mean it isn't a dick move, it was a dick move.

And why would I want to bring in more vultures to go after a vulture?
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    You do realize that "ignorant" is a pejorative term, right?
    He’s a dirt pump not a fucking editor.

No, it seems like whatever issue that is here, if there is one, is between the realtor and his client. With the listing agent and buyer being one and the same, it seems like a situation ripe for shenanigans, but any shenanigans would only legally injure the seller and not any potential buyers. So maybe there's a formal ethical issue there, maybe not, but either way, the potential buyers don't have any legal grounds to object.
    Yeah.

I dont know, just an unhelpful DirtPimpTM but maybe there is some legal recourse for marketing laws. Bait and switch. ‘You marketed it for sale but de facto you never intended to sell it’

The RealtorAssociation could field an ethics accusation

https://www.nar.realtor/about-nar/go...#DutiestoCandC

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Attachment 376256
    Attachment 376257

“The demand boom is over. Charts don’t lie – once supply comes back on stream, the demand downturn will cause inflation to morph into deflation.”
    Any backstory on how the vertical axis is measured? And is there an article? I'd be interested to read it.

We put an offer on a place of my dreams, got out bid by the sellers realtor? Still trying to wrap my head around that. Where does that fall in the realtors code of ethics (oxymoron)
    Yep, thats pretty much where I fall in this. Total dick move, realtor (fuck broker, they are a realtor, use whatever word you want to make yourself feel better). The REALTOR, assisted the seller in collecting the offers and then at the end called the seller and said they would like to submit a higher offer and buy it himself. I am sure it is legal, fucking no where near ethical in my book.
    Setting aside the RE agency ethics debate...

The listing agent (correct term) paid market value (or over) for a house that you wanted. Factually, that's no different than being outbid by a third party. Were you represented by your own agent, and did you submit your best/highest offer? If so, how were you harmed? If not, that's your agent's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Setting aside the RE agency ethics debate...

The listing agent (correct term) paid market value (or over) for a house that you wanted. Factually, that's no different than being outbid by a third party. Were you represented by your own agent, and did you submit your best/highest offer? If so, how were you harmed? If not, that's your agent's fuck up.
    Except that the listing agent may have wanted the property and did things to create downward pressure on offers, so that s/he could step in and make the highest offer. Which again means that the potential buyers did not suffer any damages (ie I agree with you), but that doesn't mean this was purely a market transaction.

Assuming facts not in evidence

Except that the listing agent may have wanted the property and did things to create downward pressure on offers, so that s/he could step in and make the highest offer. Which again means that the potential buyers did not suffer any damages (ie I agree with you), but that doesn't mean this was purely a market transaction.
    I have some pretty insider information (I happen to be friends with the sellers son in law). This is pretty much exactly what happened. I was told I never had a chance to purchase.
    Ted I am sure you have your opinion and it wont change, but I pretty much have the facts, not opinions and it was a douche move. Regardless nothing is going to change the outcome and I am not going to pursue it any further.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Assuming facts not in evidence
    do you know what the word "may" means?

I have some pretty insider information (I happen to be friends with the sellers son in law). This is pretty much exactly what happened. I was told I never had a chance to purchase.
    Ted I am sure you have your opinion and it wont change, but I pretty much have the facts, not opinions and it was a douche move. Regardless nothing is going to change the outcome and I am not going to pursue it any further.
    You COULD at least file a complaint against the agent. Maybe won't go anywhere, but it's the least that shady people like that deserve: https://realestate.utah.gov/submit-a-complaint/

I could never figure out why members of the public get mistreated by real estate agents...

Maybe...

Nah couldnt be as much because the public are assholes as because the average RealtorTM is an asshole. Its BOTH! Maybe people largely get the service that they deserve.

I got a buddy who's whole fam is in the game I asked why she quit after 13 yrs

she said she just couldnt take the people anymore
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

do you know what the word "may" means?
    It was a joke

I have some pretty insider information (I happen to be friends with the sellers son in law). This is pretty much exactly what happened. I was told I never had a chance to purchase..
    I agree, that is fucked up.

And frankly stupid on the listing agent/seller's side.

The seller would be the party injured if the price were suppressed. That’s why there should be all kinds of disclosure to the seller by their broker or agent in this circumstance. Because it opens the door for the seller being fleeced.

I wouldnt buy my own listing in general but certainly not if there were other buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Attachment 376256

“The demand boom is over. Charts don’t lie – once supply comes back on stream, the demand downturn will cause inflation to morph into deflation.”
    But the $64k over asking price question is; how soon for that supply to come back on stream?
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Real Estate Crash thread

Nope just a broker, but there goes the ignorant public conflating the two.

A Realtor is not a legal thing. Its a club and the fact that people think that its the legal thing shows how effective the Realtor Association propaganda had been and how gullible the public is.

Stop saying realtor if you want to sound smart.

I’m a Realtor (TM) and it’s fucking stupid. I pay them a bunch of dues that they use to lobby my city/state/county to pass laws that hurt me both personally and professionally, not to mention being ethically dubious IMO, make me take bullshit CE ethics courses, and have some standard of practice that’s so full of loopholes and back doors it only serves as a way for other Realtors (TM) to fuck each other over if they don’t get along. All this so my brokerage can put the Realtor (TM) logo on our business cards.

(I literally had to take an online course all about where and how I can refer to myself as a Realtor (TM) and how I can’t.)

99% of real estate law is just to CYA the agents involved and none of it really protects buyers. I do think agents can bring value to most people but the industry is pretty fucking whack.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    99% of real estate law is just to CYA the agents involved and none of it really protects buyers. I do think agents can bring value to most people but the industry is pretty fucking whack.
    Agreed, there are agents with the experience to bring value to the relationship, however at what cost? My hoods average price is $3M with listing agents getting at least 2% ($60k) per transaction. I have an issue with that, but obviously people pay it.
    I remember the days of $125k prices and 3% commissions ($3,750). Even 3% on $500k seems excessive to me for the work done. At $100 per hour are agents really putting 150 hours into the sale of a listing? Not even close in most circumstances.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Any backstory on how the vertical axis is measured? And is there an article? I'd be interested to read it.
    All part of umich monthly data. It’s just numbers. No story. You can visit the survey site for inputs

With zero commission the price would have to be ~%. If the seller is happy isn’t that all that matters?

Weird one - Some moron out of town agent listed a prop down the street for $740K that was worth about $950K then accepted an offer for $780K in about a day.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...ource=txtshare