Page 750 of 766 FirstFirst ... 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 ... LastLast
Results 18,726 to 18,750 of 19143
    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Lol, it worked why should he care?
    He shouldn't. But I still want to kick in the junk and rub dog shit under his door handles. Same with the inspector my realtor used. That whole industry... what a fucking scam.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    If zillow ruined the house market, pinterest is nearly singlehandedly responsible for the ruining of home renovation.
    Agreed on both accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I don't know what LPV flooring means, but, if it's the run of the mill composite everywhere in the house, then, yup. First sign of flipping.
    pretty sure he means luxury vinyl planking.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Same with the inspector my realtor used. That whole industry... what a fucking scam.

Same.

Probably still would have bought the house, but some of the obvious shit I’ve found…

Lesson: never take a referral for a home inspection from your own real estate agent.

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    Same.

Probably still would have bought the house, but some of the obvious shit I’ve found…

Lesson: never take a referral for a home inspection from your own real estate agent.
    Yeah, I learned that lesson the hard way too. I'm working with a guy now who says RE agents never refer their clients to him, but they do put their friends and family who are buying houses in touch with him. No idea if that's actually true, but that does pretty much sum up my idea of a great home inspector.

In the RE business there are so many conflicting issues in many offices. I would always suggest you do your homework and find your own sources for mortgages and home inspections. Hell, if it was possible I would tell you to shop for escrow & title services too, but the fucking listing agents always have a reason to insist the buyer use their favorite (and more expensive) companies. Could save you some money and aggravation in many cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Closed on the island today. Feels good.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post

what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    Same.

When I bought my place in SLC, I used a realtor that was a friend from college. She referred a home inspector that was very thorough.

The one my realtor here in CO recommended was a fucking joke. I almost called the company this spring and told them I wanted a refund. My swamp cooler literally had no fucking bearings left. His report said "no issues noted." Among about 5 other similar things he missed.

Realtors, Home Inspectors, Mortgage Companies- they all can get together to screw you.

Congrats - Start the dedicated Isle St Harry thread......its not like you have anything else to do.

Congratulations! I'm available if you need help installing the stripper pole.

FKNA, Harry!

Harry's island does need its own thread, IMO.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

Yeah, definitely thread worthy.

Congrats Harry!

got a random text from a random developer asking to buy my house, and to name my price. I doubled the number i paid in February and texted him back. no response yet. hmmmmm.

I get those too. Usually from agents and flippers.

Congrats Harry!

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    got a random text from a random developer asking to buy my house, and to name my price. I doubled the number i paid in February and texted him back. no response yet. hmmmmm.
    Just make sure he's not some random guy from Nigeria.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Sitting in the middle of an all out bidding war on our investment right now. Fucking crazy. Not looking forward to trying to roll the gains into another property if this is how competitive it is. We are up 15% over asking so far.

One of those guys got through to me once by calling me on my office line (which was creepy). I offered 2x current Zestimate, his counter-offer consisted of telling me my place was "a piece of shit." A real smooth operator.

Yeah, we've gotten a bunch of texts and calls - always say "make an offer" and there's nada thus far. If you did that much work jackhole, at least have a price you want. Not like I'm going to make a realtor my agent if they're cold calling me out of nowhere.

FUCK! I never get any of those calls.

When we bought our place in Seattle all the crazy bidding war nonsense was going on but this one was reduced... still have no idea why 6 years later but always scared we will find out.

Also never get those calls, for a "desirable" classic home in a suburban town with huge development recently. No reason to sell, but I'd love to counter with double Zillow. Sounds like fun.

But then I also enjoy fucking with telemarketers.

No, no, you're supposed to say you got inquiries and asked some ridiculous amount in return. Then you'll feel so much better swinging your penis in cyberspace.

The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

I get calls to sell our duplex all the time and last time a guy said "what's your number to sell"? So I doubled the Zillow estimate and replied $3M. Guy says ok, so for $3M we have a deal? I was shocked and told him to fuck off. People are crazy these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Congrats Harry!

Name:  fantasyIs.jpg
Views: 1007
Size:  56.0 KB