Page 859 of 1076 FirstFirst ... 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 ... LastLast
Results 21,451 to 21,475 of 26889
    Quote Originally Posted by carpathian View Post
    I think it was the lot right behind ours on the highway that just sold.
    I was back out there today and so i took a closer look and the sold sign looks like it could be in front of your place or the lot to the east cuz its so hard to tell where the property line is or where the buildings are not that it really matters
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Offered 5k over asking on a 3/1 in POCATELLO, built in the 40's, neat place but needs some work. Went 45k over asking. JFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Drove through there once. Ended up watching Penn and Teller drive by doing some skit with a car loaded on a trailer. Definitely a nice 'hood. No desire to live there though even if I could afford to.
    I wouldn't want to live there either, but it beats the hell out of a Manhattan apartment.
    Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Offered 5k over asking on a 3/1 in POCATELLO, built in the 40's, neat place but needs some work. Went 45k over asking. JFC.
    Holy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I wouldn't want to live there either, but it beats the hell out of a Manhattan apartment.
    I suspect the purchase market in that neighborhood can have many homes of their choosing. NYC/DC/Miami/LA/SF the high is just so high now a bunch of dross gets pulled up

There's a sucker born every minute

Pokey is the next ‘it’ place for people priced out of the Tetons. Great riding, (longer season), laid back, close-ish skiing, hunting, airport, close to SLC, not too Mormon, some job opportunities…but…yeah.
    Keep looking!
    Last edited by rideit; 05-09-2022 at 09:35 PM.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Wild. I was in Pocatello a few years ago to start a dirtbike trip and found it to be run-down but surrounded by pretty nice mountains. House prices were shockingly low. (But so was Spokane, and I totally missed that boat.) The waves of people with suitcases full of cash appear to be breaking even far, far away from the obvious destinations.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

I've yet to find real estate anywhere that isn't some degree of stupid at the moment.

Funny you should mention, my wife just discovered Kona, Kentucky this morning. I'm sure the downsides are negligible.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    If you're a mountain biker or just like rural and relatively cheap......Southern KY/Northern TN seems to be very popular right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    If you're a mountain biker or just like rural and relatively cheap......Southern KY/Northern TN seems to be very popular right now.

20 million dollar custom home project cancelled today.

I was speaking with one of the builders and he compared the owners decision to you or me deciding a Large Pizza and a 12 pack of micro-brews was too much $$$ to stomach.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

This place for $4.5 million in coastal California is far more insane than pp, despite what the sc suckers say
    https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...16103697_zpid/

You're moving to Pokey?
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

https://www.redfin.com/MA/Beverly/15...5/home/8215841

I'd need to find a younger wife to traipse down the stairs in bikini, heels, and robe before the current wife finds a younger husband to do the same in a banana hammock.

Southern Bluegrass into the Rockytop Region of Eastern Tennessee (basically I-75 corridor) is some gorgeous country with no shortage of beautiful, and pricey real estate. See Lake Cumberland in KY south through Norris Lake in TN.

Of course, the farther you get off the water and into the hollers, the more affordable it gets.

Failed 2006 mountaintop development Rarity Mountain in Jellico, TN was just one of many across KY/TN/NC Appalachian Mountain region that is seeing renewed interest since the crash. Views for days.

True boomtowns are the "new" Ashevilles of Highlands and Cashiers, NC, just across the border from North GA.

Blackberry Farm opened their second property in Cashiers, and Chateaux and Relais has pumped millions into their Highlands properties such as Old Edwards Inn. 2 hours from ATL has Boomers buying mountain getaways before the folks priced out of Asheville can sneak in.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    https://www.redfin.com/MA/Beverly/15...5/home/8215841

I'd need to find a younger wife to traipse down the stairs in bikini, heels, and robe before the current wife finds a younger husband to do the same in a banana hammock.
    My mind went straight to this

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    You're moving to Pokey?
    I'm priced out of the Valley. Kiddo on the way, makes sense to head some place with some semblance of infrastructure. The dogs will be stoked on proximity to birds, I'm stoked to be close to Turkeys. Pebble is good enough for my skiing needs. Desert Elk...Housing was kind of cheap and it's an easy drive twice a week to work. Kind of ticks most of my boxes.

Our relator friend told us yesterday that 56 new houses came on the market within her bubble. Over the past several years it hasn't been over 20 new. A few houses are sitting and not moving as quick as just a few months ago. Times they are a changing...maybe.

^
    This.

First time I've seen an actual for sale sign on our lake in more than 2 years. They've been getting bought up (way above asking) before the agents can get the signs up. The house in question is not lakefront (but part of a community beach group) and the asking price is still too high by 2019 standards so it will be interesting to see how it goes.

I’ve noticed open houses popping up again in my neck of the woods. They used to be pointless as sellers would have more than enough offers within a week without the hassle of an open house. Maybe Utah is finally starting to cool down a bit.

Looking at it from the point of view that asking is generally based on comps, and that the conversation goes something like, "the Joneses got 800 for their house" "yes, but ours is nicer", prices generally climb until they overshoot the market.

I thought we had reached that point in my hood at the last summer, but it's only May and a lot of the new listings have a 7th digit. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Funny you should mention, my wife just discovered Kona, Kentucky this morning. I'm sure the downsides are negligible.
    It is the second best Kona in the U.S., though. If I can't move to Beverly Hills, Michigan then Kona, Kentucky is next on my list.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    I’ve noticed open houses popping up again in my neck of the woods. They used to be pointless as sellers would have more than enough offers within a week without the hassle of an open house. Maybe Utah is finally starting to cool down a bit.
    A big change in the last month. Interest rates aside we are seeing buying opportunities now for sure. A few agents in my office have had listings in town sit for a week or two with only one or two offers. More price drops in the last week than anytime in the last two+ years. Only time will tell if this is a small correction/reset and then back to some level of heat again or not. Doesn't help that its May 20th and dumping in town at 4500'. Once it's actually warm/spring maybe things pick back up? Who knows. My best repeat client who has been buying and selling RE for 40+ years: Never try to time the market or "wait" for something to happen. If a property checks some boxes and you can buy it.......buy it.

I think we're currently at a crossroads of some people panic selling now trying to time the "peak" while simultaneously many buyers are sitting on their hands thinking prices are gonna drop even more. That seems to be at least some of it. Buyers no longer have to have bidding wars.....they have waited two years for their chance to make offers at ask or very close with financing and actually have a chance of getting to closing.....yet many are sitting and watching. If 5% is so bad (which it really isn't) then 8% later this year is really gonna hurt. Don't wait.

If 5% is so bad (which it really isn't) then 8% later this year is really gonna hurt. Don't wait.
    It’s always a great time to buy! 8% rates will ripple across the economy with much higher unemployment and credit card payments will be up 5%

Rates will be lower next year. Deflation still the long term risk.