Page 504 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 ... LastLast
Results 12,576 to 12,600 of 27107
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Precisely! You don't have a right to a fixed cost of living.
    Haven't we proved that inflated markets make for shitty basis for taxes? I mean I always considered real estate an investment. I am supposed to make investments that make me more money. I should be penalized because I was smarter than some other guy, way ahead of the other guy? Naaaa.....that's just bullshit.

I don't think anyone is asking for fixed cost living, but the property taxes are to pay for stupid shit politicians never get done. Increases for rising costs of materials, added labor, inflation...fine...penalized cause some developer bought up all the land around me, ripped down the houses and built m mansions? Bs....where were you before a "hot market"?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Another point from the Realtor. There is more pent up immediate demand this sell season because so many parents want the new house before school next year. Don't want to wait. That could run its course.
    And, did she say water is wet?

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    Thats the beauty of the internet....you never know who is trolling you...so don't make assumptions.
    Yeah, you were so super secret you posted pictures of your suburban Oregon mansion

Thats the beauty of the internet....you never know who is trolling you...so don't make assumptions.
    You seem to have a high regard for yourself. As though you're a special, unique snowflake, coming up with brilliant bon mots that nobody has ever said before. Is that what Mom tells you?

Don't you dentists all live in gated communities with the fat retired cops in a little shack on the only way in ?

people don't wana rent space out in the middle of nowhere, you wana be closer to down town to the brew pubs the stores and the massage parlours
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Aren't you posting from Mom's basement? Or in a van down by the river?
    depends on the day of the week either way they are both free

Also, if valuations explode and the tax rate doesn't reduce to equalize, vote your local folks out. I know the tax rate/thousand in my town is double that of more affluent areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    I thought playing along with the idea of excluding $15MM of yacht from net worth would make the sarcasm clear. Apparently not.
    Arent yachts & jets of that price run through corps & flags of convenience to get around personal properTy taxation?

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Yeah, you were so super secret you posted pictures of your suburban Oregon mansion
    No one is trying to be coy....you did notice the "Beaverton, OR" in the location in the upper right corner.

No one is trying to be coy....you did notice the "Beaverton, OR" in the location in the upper right corner.
    I guess they don’t pay you for your vocabulary at the gloryhole, do they?

I'm still trying to parse the Skidog post in which he reveals to the world that he's functionally illiterate.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Don't you dentists all live in gated communities with the fat retired cops in a little shack on the only way in ?

people don't wana rent space out in the middle of nowhere, you wana be closer to down town to the brew pubs the stores and the massage parlours
    I think those are the Mother-in-law ADUs?

Wait, so are we now talking about moving away from percentage taxes based on assessed home value? How’s that going to work?

Now THIS is how the rich roll...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/most-expe...152949570.html

At any luxury ski resort, the main lodges typically resemble the now legendary cantina scene from Star Wars, bustling with the most powerful and eccentric visitors imaginable. Now, the wealthy watering holes around the world have shut down to socializing. In Sun Valley, the most exclusive action has pivoted a few footsteps north from Warm Springs to the Edelweiss, a Bavarian-style condominium complex that has long since seen better days. Here, celebrities and billionaires have bought (and occasionally sold) studio-size condo units for as much as $1.5 million each—not as a place to lay their heads, but for their privacy, an opportunity to socialize without COVID-19 restrictions, and a special locker dedicated solely to their ski equipment. That’s right: Folks are buying tiny Edelweiss condos for seven-plus figures simply as a place to store their skis!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Kettle meet pot
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I personally know three renters having the house sold out from underneath them.
    This market is unhealthy. Landlords of single fam homes realizing its tulip season. They want the quick buck.

But where do the tenants go? There are zero rentals here. And I’m not joking about that part.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post

Ski locker AND parking.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Arent yachts & jets of that price run through corps & flags of convenience to get around personal properTy taxation?
    Some people with $15MM yachts are middle class and worked and saved and played by the rules and just want to live out their remaining years on the only yacht they've known. Apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Kettle meet pot
    Don't have to make assumptions about Benny...I would wager even he will admit deep down inside he has shared entirely too much information over the years to all of TGR.

Oh, you dont know half of it, child.

This beaut went for 140k over ask. I say we patch together a crew from the built with your own hands thread and the experts of TRG thread and do some spec homes

https://www.redfin.com/OR/Portland/4.../home/25856489

The house across the street from me just went on the market today for $1.6 MM. It's an older house from the '40s, but has a half acre lot with awesome landscaping. I'll be very interested to see what it goes for and how long it's on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    This beaut went for 140k over ask. I say we patch together a crew from the built with your own hands thread and the experts of TRG thread and do some spec homes

I hope it is a cash deal as getting the appraisal to come in may be challenging.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Some people with $15MM yachts are middle class and worked and saved and played by the rules and just want to live out their remaining years on the only yacht they've known. Apparently.
    My first inclination is to tell you to fuck off but I’m going with ski off. Winner buys first round.

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post

Cool house, but only a block off of one of the busiest streets on the east side of Portland.