Page 746 of 1076 FirstFirst ... 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 ... LastLast
Results 18,626 to 18,650 of 26884
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    It's a barber's chair, and the razor strap is still hanging from it.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    You let your wife know that garage hot tubs are just about the classiest thing you can do. Bonus if inflatable.
    Attachment 389149

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Well there it is. Defo classy.

Real Estate Crash thread

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Includes a Dentists chair in the living room.
    …is it safe?

Name:  b0b15dd213336f1dd7bffad5ac3d0e9b.gif
Views: 469
Size:  812.0 KB

Edit to add damnit Danno beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    It's ok to call it a Guido house, Benny.
    Thats not that bad, at least its not a 100'x50' box.

We live in a pretty conservative new england town. Check out these beauts.. right one was built by and Irishman in the concrete business and the left one has fish scale steel siding.

^^ wow. is that a special elective in architecture school? Can't remember ever seeing something quite like it in person

That's not guido.

I don't mind those houses. Though admittedly, they'd look out of place next to a 200 year old farmhouse.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

The second one probably looks more approachable under the correct aspect ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    ^^ wow. is that a special elective in architecture school? Can't remember ever seeing something quite like it in person
    It’s from the little known ‘minecraft’ school. Very influential among the 9 year old architects.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    It's only trashy if your garage is carpeted.
    Omg I’ve had that.

Lol I’m such a skeezer

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    The second one probably looks more approachable under the correct aspect ratio.
    I've been in the second one a few times. Its massive inside and has interior concrete waĺls and floors. There's a lot of floor to ceiling drapes to counter the concrete. Better pic

I actually kinda like it.
    But I would want wood floors, for sure.
    What are the odds that there are two Teslas in that garage?

Might be now but a diesel truck and merc w prior owner.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

I like it. Everything except the afterthought sticking off the right side.

I think it might be an architectural ‘tip of the hat’ to the iconic cantilevered houses in the Hollywood hills. But maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by VTeton View Post
    I've been in the second one a few times. Its massive inside and has interior concrete waĺls and floors. There's a lot of floor to ceiling drapes to counter the concrete. Better pic
    Looks pretty sweet to me. I’d of wanted more glass especially in the elevated room but…

That the box on the upper right must detach, and can roam the countryside on its mechanical legs, right? Otherwise, what's the point?

I like the box, and yeah, it need to be more functional. I hope there's a rooftop deck or something. I would at least put in an escape hatch via fireman pole (which could of course double as a stripper pole).

We are putting our rental condo on the market and seeing what happens. Market is just too hot right now. Gonna roll the dice and see if we can't 1031 the gains into something better. If not, we will just pay the taxes and move on.

If not, we will just pay the taxes and move on.
    Underestimated strategy. Cap gains are probably never going to be lower in our lives. 1031 is just tax deferment. If you can afford it, take the step up in basis and start over. Overly simplified but, it is what I'm considering. Exceptions would include if you planned to either move into your rental one day or figure out a reason to not sell it from income ever. There are also some ways to just park the money on dirt and not pay taxes but you gotta hustle to find some property associated income to make it legal. Good problems to have.

Man, I would think that an asset like a rentable ski area condo that has been locked into an inflation protected cost and is seeing double digit income increases practically every year is a stupid thing to sell. It's like those commercials trying to get you to cash out your "annuity" income (which, yeah, is fixed, usually) for a lump sum. "I want my money now!"
    There are a lot of people in Summit county that bought condos there in the late eighties for what is now pocket change that may be living off the income of a few pretty well. Money machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Underestimated strategy. Cap gains are probably never going to be lower in our lives. 1031 is just tax deferment. If you can afford it, take the step up in basis and start over. Overly simplified but, it is what I'm considering. Exceptions would include if you planned to either move into your rental one day or figure out a reason to not sell it from income ever. There are also some ways to just park the money on dirt and not pay taxes but you gotta hustle to find some property associated income to make it legal. Good problems to have.
    Yeah, I think that we will end up with at least a partial 1031. I have a few leads on properties that aren’t going on the market, one is commercial.

Or maybe we just blow it all on Sprinter vans, motorized toys, or invest in some dogecoins. I don’t know yet. Haha.
    Last edited by Name Redacted; 10-16-2021 at 02:46 PM.

It's already tough out there trying to compete with Boomers and older Gen X'ers with cash. Back in the day you just how to compete with your fellow citizens, now you have to bid against the man.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/zillo...160557830.html

Zillow, which acquired more than 3,800 homes in the second quarter, will stop pursuing new purchases for the remainder of the year as it works through a backlog of properties already in its pipeline.

“We’re operating within a labor- and supply-constrained economy inside a competitive real estate market, especially in the construction, renovation and closing spaces,” Jeremy Wacksman, Zillow’s chief operating officer, said in a statement. “We have not been exempt from these market and capacity issues and we now have an operational backlog for renovations and closings.”

Shares of Opendoor, one of Zillow’s competitors, jumped as much as 7.9% to $25.27 after the company said it was “open for business.”
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Zillow is funny. Last week my condo was worth $100k less than I listed it for. Today, their "Zestimate" changed to exactly the price that we were asking for. What a co-inky-dink!

Appraisals themselves are also complete bullshit too though. Our condo appraised a few months ago for $150K less than we are selling it for. Pretty sure the guy just cut and pasted one of the comps from our building without taking into account the fact that our unit was way different and that comp was from last summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Zillow is funny. Last week my condo was worth $100k less than I listed it for. Today, their "Zestimate" changed to exactly the price that we were asking for. What a co-inky-dink!

Appraisals themselves are also complete bullshit too though. Our condo appraised a few months ago for $150K less than we are selling it for. Pretty sure the guy just cut and pasted one of the comps from our building without taking into account the fact that our unit was way different and that comp was from last summer.
    I mean, foundationally appraising is pretty fucked as the real price is "whatever the market will bear" which you don't know until after. Given the number of variables, there's not a lot of good ways to get to a number in supply constrained situations or when there's a low number of comps. Not to mention it's somewhat window dressing given that someone that consistently underappraises will probably get dropped by banks, even with good reason as they'll just package and sell the loan anyhow.

yeah, I noticed that when we listed our house 3 months ago, the zestimate remarkably changed to match our asking price.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy