Page 742 of 1076 FirstFirst ... 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 ... LastLast
Results 18,526 to 18,550 of 26887
    I won’t be happy until there are taco carts on every corner, like we were promised.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

My VW is made in Mexico, as is my TV. Querétaro, near where my parents live, is a major aeronautics producer. TX stands to benefit most from the rise of Mexico, as you need offices in both US and Mexico to do trade. You can get to Mexico City in one days drive from Texas. When you fly to the business places in Mexico, it is almost always through Dallas and Houston. And you need Spanish speakers. If you think things have changed a lot in the US in the last 20 years, it's nothing like the manufacturing centers of Mexico (Querétaro, Mexico City, Leon, Monterrey).

I don't know. Servicing Mexican manufacturing transit isn't exactly a life's dream for a lot of kids and doesn't sound too lucrative. The financing, which I would think is profitable, can be done most anywhere, but, NYC banks will be in on that. Like I said, truck stops as the goods go north to better heeled customers.

I mean, China is real far away, but, we seem to deal with the management of all that with the internet and plane flights and ships.

Why do you think Vancouver, Seattle, Bay Area and LA have been crushing it the last 20+ years? Obviously lots of reasons but proximity to China is one of the biggest factors. Ya, you can run MX business from NY just like you can run China business from NY, but for whatever reason, the places in the US that become trade centers are closest to that country we are trading with. Queretaro is not a tourist place and when I fly down there, everyone on the plane is on a business trip. Most are Hispanic businessmen and speak Spanish. It's like a smaller scale China. NAFTA (or whatever it is called now) gives MX a major competitive advantage over China and every other country on earth (well, except Canada).

Queretaro suburb. It looks just like Phoenix down there. They shop at Walmart, Costco, and Home Depot. There are 2,634 Walmarts in Mexico (4,743 in the US).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (99).jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	279.2 KB 
ID:	388332

To bad the corruption down there is enough to make a US Senator blush and let's not forget MX is a Narco state. Until the gringo's up north legalize drugs, that poor country is fucked. But feel free to put lib stick on that pig.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

"Why do you think Vancouver, Seattle, Bay Area and LA have been crushing it the last 20+ years?"

Chinese money laundering, Microsoft, Silicon Valley, and, Hollywood, in that order.

Can you imagine the difference in Vangroovy if Nixon never went to China and US policy was to always isolate Communist countries and keep them in the Dark Ages? Fucker sure let that succubus out of her cage.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

And Trump, Biden, and the one child policy is putting it back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    And Trump, Biden, and the one child policy is putting it back in.
    Not possible now Benny, that country is way to strong to bottle up.

the one child policy is putting it back in.
    Canada has a one child policy?

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Not possible now Benny, that country is way to strong to bottle up.

Nope. It's their really big problem. In less than ten years, it's going to be a really old country. It's happening faster than it did in Japan. And that's a serious drag on any economy. And, even though the party dropped the one child to two, and maybe a wink and a nod to three, so that repopulation could at least start, ain't really happening. Due to the fact that real estate and good education is so expensive, and the kids have been torn from the family structure to live in these new cities, so, no grandma for child care, the younger couples arent having more than one, like in the western world. Than there's less mothers coming on line, due to the fact there were many more boys born and allowed to grow then girls.

China has some serious issues. Real estate was a huge chunk of GDP for a few decades, and that's obviously popping with the developers going under. That's a shit ton of good jobs. Maybe they can succeed at tech, but, I don't know. If Xi keeps on clamping down on the capitalists to try to create Mao II, wheres the innovation going to come from?

Most people still live in poverty.

Most people still live in poverty.
    According to the World Bank, more than 850 million Chinese people have been lifted out of extreme poverty; China's poverty rate fell from 88 percent in 1981 to 0.7 percent in 2015, as measured by the percentage of people living in 2011 purchasing price parity terms.

US otoh:

The official US poverty rate in 2020 was 11.4 percent, up 1.0 percentage point from 10.5 percent in 2019. This is the first increase in poverty after five consecutive annual declines

So, wait. Are you actually trying to say that the average Chinese has anywhere near the same standard of living as an average American? What is wrong with you?

So, wait. Are you actually trying to say that the average Chinese has anywhere near the same standard of living as an average American? What is wrong with you?
    You didn't say standard of living Benny. You said poverty. There's a (big) difference. That's why our poverty rate is so high. Nothing wrong with me. It's your mumbled blabbering of non facts like Phil Mickelson or something. And obtw: Three child is official policy in PRC. And don't confuse me with an apologist. co-worker of my gf had a forced abortion of a third trimester pregnancy.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    According to the World Bank, more than 850 million Chinese people have been lifted out of extreme poverty; China's poverty rate fell from 88 percent in 1981 to 0.7 percent in 2015, as measured by the percentage of people living in 2011 purchasing price parity terms.

US otoh:

The official US poverty rate in 2020 was 11.4 percent, up 1.0 percentage point from 10.5 percent in 2019. This is the first increase in poverty after five consecutive annual declines
    200 million people in China live on <$5.50 a day

Phil Mickelson? What the fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    200 million people in China live on <$5.50 a day
    What does that have to do with the poverty rate?

For example: Estonia has a higher standard of living than the US and less than half the per capita income. Standard of living and poverty are completely different metrics.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    A big reason CA and TX are the center of the US is the Mexico border. Mexico is the 15th largest GDP on earth and the US's largest trading partner. Ya, a lot of the shit we buy is built in China but after that, most of it is made in Mexico. Plus the food we eat is grown there. The rise of TX is here to stay.
    actualy those murderer thieves and rapists in mexico are you biggest trading partners, followed very closely by Canada eh
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Saw this gem in the comments section of an article about Evergrande in the NYT.

In China, Home Buyers Who Went All In Say They Want Out https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/12/b...ebt-china.html

"I live in China and NYT's own site (detecting I am using a VPN and perhaps wealthy enough to buy a house abroad) bombards me with ads for property in Vancouver and Toronto. Even Canada's white-hot real estate market is better than investing in China's, the price per square meter is way lower and at least you can own the house and the land it sits on for more than 70 years. If you took Chinese buyers out of the equation, I think North American real estate would cool off considerably."

This is cool. About 10 years ago they found a human skull on my island. Turns out it was old. Very old. It pre-dated European contact.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Uh oh. Have you seen Poltergeist?

Name:  Top12.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  54.2 KB

Top 12 for what? Access to Canada?

LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Name:  Top12.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  54.2 KB
    This is technically correct.