Page 375 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 ... LastLast
Results 9,351 to 9,375 of 27108
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Have you been in a self serve wine or beer bar recently?
    Yeah, it sucked. Fucking keg needed to be tended to by a professional.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Left 2 years ago
    Wow, it's that long already? I need to remember to ping you next time I'm over there to meet for a beer.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    The world needs more Don Quixotes.
    For sure. Preferably ones who absorb information instead of disregarding it and making up their own realities.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Yeah, it sucked. Fucking keg needed to be tended to by a professional.
    Yeah, same thing I was thinking in the wine bar. Seemed to be a lot of bottle changing and maintenance to deal with. Probably easier and cheaper just to have a bartender. But then that bartender will just leave for the awesome wages and benefits that Fred is paying, right?

Not every mountain town is CB, Telluride or Aspen. Plenty of spots in the US where you buy a house on acreage for under $400k with skiing close and 100s of miles of single-track out the back door. With modern remote working it's easy enough to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    @ mcphee: Benny wishes things were right and fair for everybody and it bends him out of shape that they're not and a lot of people get irritated that he won't just shut up about it but I see it as laudable except for the fact that he won't ever give it a rest, and also that he sometimes makes wrong assumptions about the people he's talking to. He's not alone in that. He just keeps tilting at them windmills regardless. I find it oddly endearing.
    No, Ice, even you're not getting it. I am always irritated when some Patagucci clad and craft beer swilling upper middle class white person tells me that my problem is just that I have the wrong attitude and made bad decisions in my life. If I just fix that, I could be just like them. It's really offensive, and, when the revolution comes, I'm coming for them first.

No, Ice, even you're not getting it. I am always irritated when some Patagucci clad and craft beer swilling upper middle class white person tells me that my problem is just that I have the wrong attitude and made bad decisions in my life. If I just fix that, I could be just like them. It's really offensive, and, when the revolution comes, I'm coming for them first.
    Why do you even care? I'm with Ice...it's endearing.

When I'm at a party with a bunch of people I don't know, I'd rather pet the dogs running around than talk to most new people. If there's a dog that tries to nip at me, I want to pet it even more and get it to like me.

You're that dog.

and just like that nipping dog, he should rethink his approach if he's not getting the outcome he desires. Unless he's a little freak who gets off on being humiliated, then carry on my friend. We'll be happy to indulge.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Why do you even care? I'm with Ice...it's endearing.

When I'm at a party with a bunch of people I don't know, I'd rather pet the dogs running around than talk to most new people. If there's a dog that tries to nip at me, I want to pet it even more and get it to like me.

You're that dog.
    So what you're saying is that Benny just needs a little scratch behind the ears, and maybe a belly rub and a treat?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by RoooR View Post
    Not every mountain town is CB, Telluride or Aspen. Plenty of spots in the US where you buy a house on acreage for under $400k with skiing close and 100s of miles of single-track out the back door. With modern remote working it's easy enough to do.
    Which places with these criteria make your list?

. But then that bartender will just leave for the awesome wages and benefits that Fred is paying, right?
    fuck you benny my two lead guys make a hair over 60k a year 6 holidays paid and 2 weeks paid vacations plus end of year bonus

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    So what you're saying is that Benny just needs a little scratch behind the ears, and maybe a belly rub and a treat?
    Yes, and maybe someone could sneak him some cocktail wienies from the crock pot too.

Real Estate Crash thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Not Bozeman. That’s for fucking sure. Hope the rich, generic white folks keep coming so I can cash in and gtfo.

That said it’s way better here than the Front Range. That place is fucked.

Benny, I don't have kids. You happy? That's the secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    The first rule of places like that is don't talk about places like that on the internet.

I don't think you are going to get many alleged trust funders to openly admit they are trust funders Benny.

I also don't think they are so obtuse that they say you could do it easily. I hear, and did it myself, that you can do it. No it will not be as easy as most of them had it. Yes, your attitude will need to change, as you will never be able to keep up with the Jones'.

The jealousy though is a bad look and you clearly have it. I totally get your decision to stay in NY and put in your 30 for a gold watch and a pension. Literally no one who made a go of it in a ski town will have that or made the same sacrifices to have that. Just like the ski town non-trustfunder sacrifices income and job security for the access to good snow at a moments notice. Both are decisions made at one point or another, and like all decisions they come with pros and cons.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    Sorta, longtime lurker. I just feel like his hangups are my hangups about it. Except for the employment part (i got about 15-20 yrs left), not sure what I'd do out west for comparable or higher pay.
    A bunch of us have tried explaining how one doesn't need to live in, say, Connecticut - and that there are plenty of jobs in proximity to mountain recreation (ski, bike, kayak, whatever) that do pay well. These will not be resort towns like Jackson or Aspen, but rather places like SLC or Reno (where I am). The CT dwellers react with disdain, usually with a crack about meth/ trailer parks/ LDS/ etc, and refuse to look seriously at any realistic options. Then they return to dwelling in CT and complaining about the rest of us who decided that Reno (or wherever) is acceptable.

And then the rest of us do things like mountain bike from the front door, or ski 5 miles away, or explore the eastern Sierra...

To your more specific point, McPhee, about equal pay: you might, or might not, get equal pay. Your cost of living might be less, perhaps significantly. Your taxes might be less, perhaps significantly. Your quality of life might be better, perhaps significantly.

Everything's about tradeoffs. If I wanted to make a bunch more money, I'd be grinding away in a firm in a coastal city, stressed out, richer on paper - but not enjoying life.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Real Estate Crash thread

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    You have a nice home that you appear to take good care of. GLWS.
    Thanks. If my neighbors weren’t characters from Breaking Bad I might stay. Especially now that traffic is manageable. Mostly just looking for a change.

OK, then PM me. Inquiring minds want to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Aren't you a caucasian male yourself? Don't you brag about ski trips to Europe? What brand of outerwear do you prefer? What's your alcoholic beverage of choice?

Again, what is up with all the threats benny?

go back under your rock.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    fuck you benny my two lead guys make a hair over 60k a year 6 holidays paid and 2 weeks paid vacations plus end of year bonus
    That's going to buy, uh, what in Summit County?

Dude, you just proved a point. You moved to a paradise to work ten hours a day. We all can work ten or more hours a day in places that have careers that pay three times as much, and living is cheaper. Get it?
    Nope. I don't get it. I may be distracted, though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gore3.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	333231  

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    Reading shit like that tempers my enthusiasm for leaving the PNW. I don't like it here all that much, but I am well compensated for what I do.

No, Ice, even you're not getting it. I am always irritated when some Patagucci clad and craft beer swilling upper middle class white person tells me that my problem is just that I have the wrong attitude and made bad decisions in my life. If I just fix that, I could be just like them. It's really offensive,
    I understand you find it offensive... but is it untrue?