Page 776 of 864 FirstFirst ... 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 ... LastLast
Results 19,376 to 19,400 of 21589
  1. #19376
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    16,772
    Up .50% since December 3rd. Under 4% should not hurt the purchase business to much IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

  2. #19377
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,429
    Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    My beef is with split levels.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Haha! Me too! I think the problem is, that I grew up in one. So, I think for whatever reason my dad likes that style house. Plus they said they couldn't find any ranch style single levels. At least what I heard was that in Lakewood, there are ranch style homes but they apparently are not in the best part of town.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

  3. #19378
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,429
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    800 k for a split level ranch in lakewood
    yeah lakewood is in the mountains right? all of colorado is in the mountains right?
    never imagined people would be so desperate to pay that much to live in suburban sprawl I guess you pay extra to be next to green mountain or bear creek cause that is like living in the mountains
    Sometimes it's about being closer to family.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

  4. #19379
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    1,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Haha! Me too! I think the problem is, that I grew up in one. So, I think for whatever reason my dad likes that style house. Plus they said they couldn't find any ranch style single levels. At least what I heard was that in Lakewood, there are ranch style homes but they apparently are not in the best part of town.
    Tri levels are alright. Quad levels can fuck off. Split foyers should all be torn down.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  5. #19380
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,429
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Up .50% since December 3rd. Under 4% should not hurt the purchase business to much IMO.
    You know the Fed is struggling with the possibility of killing the housing market with a series of interest rate hikes.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

  6. #19381
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    your vacation
    Posts
    3,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    You know the Fed is struggling with the possibility of killing the housing market with a series of interest rate hikes.
    duh
    and wall street is so great right now too once these companies loaded with debt have to actually start paying interest on the debt it aint' going to look good

    make sure we keep everything happy and inflated so the boommers twilight years are perfect so they don't have to suffer with a debt laden govt and shitty health care

  7. #19382
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,289
    Lakehood

    It's alright the further west you are, but the niceties drop quickly the further east and south of Alameda you go. Easy commute to Denver proper, easy to hop on I-70 for mountain jaunts, tons of golfing nearby, and everything you need in that area is within a few minutes away, stores, post office, shopping, etc. It's not bad. Could be worse. Still gotta lock your car doors and I highly suggest camera security system. Lots of auto thefts and break-ins near green mountain and specifically at the trailhead parking lots.

    Do they have pets? Cats always go missing. Lots of coyotes up on the Green and they visit the nicer hoods for fresh meat often. Hopefully they don't have outdoor cats. Also, the dog park there off W. Alameda was nice when I visited often bitd, but I've read of lots of dogs getting sick from visiting there past few years.

  8. #19383
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    9,642
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Sometimes it's about being closer to family.



  9. #19384
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    16,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    You know the Fed is struggling with the possibility of killing the housing market with a series of interest rate hikes.
    You know the increases are from the Bond Markets opinion of what the FED needs to do, as the FED has not officially raised their bench mark rates yet. And yes, if you read the stuff I do, many think there is a chance of recession in the next 18 months, but who really knows?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

  10. #19385
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Lakehood


    Do they have pets? Cats always go missing. Lots of coyotes up on the Green and they visit the nicer hoods for fresh meat often. Hopefully they don't have outdoor cats. Also, the dog park there off W. Alameda was nice when I visited often bitd, but I've read of lots of dogs getting sick from visiting there past few years.
    No pets. Once us kids moved out, no more dogs after that.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

  11. #19386
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Looking down
    Posts
    50,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    You know the Fed is struggling with the possibility of killing the housing market with a series of interest rate hikes.
    I certainly hope so. There are millions and millions, mostly young and not in on the game, that are locked out.

    It's a slow moving train. Prices may normalize when the Boomers die, but that's at least a decade, maybe two.

    Still watching the pathetic TGR echo chamber

  12. #19387
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Last Best City in the Last Best Place
    Posts
    5,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I certainly hope so. There are millions and millions, mostly young and not in on the game, that are locked out.
    Seriously. The housing market is fucking dead as a doornail for the majority of the people in this country. Take us back to 2009.

  13. #19388
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    关你屁事
    Posts
    6,345
    Thatís good news for the multi property tgnar slum lords though! NIMBY!

  14. #19389
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Shuswap Highlands
    Posts
    3,564
    Here's a gem in East Vancouver: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...-531-1.6319447
    "Value of tiny lot in East Vancouver skyrockets 3,431% in 1 year, according to B.C. Assessment
    The William Street tiny lot sold in July 2020 for $88,000, and was resold to Lanefab for almost two and half times the price — $210,000 — 11 months later."

    9X60ft lot.

  15. #19390
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Looking down
    Posts
    50,072
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Seriously. The housing market is fucking dead as a doornail for the majority of the people in this country. Take us back to 2009.
    Met somebody on the lift who bought a nice house in Reno in 09 for 90,000. I know it was nice because I was shopping there about the same time. Now he said it was worth 600,000. Smart move. He was 45.

    Still watching the pathetic TGR echo chamber

  16. #19391
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,928
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Seriously. The housing market is fucking dead as a doornail for the majority of the people in this country. Take us back to 2009.
    Yeah, '09 was great wasn't it? People losing their homes to the banks who were getting bailed out by the feds. The good ol days I tell ya!

    Locally, here in CO, the main problem is inventory right now. I'm hoping that that changes in the spring when people decide to cash out on their investment properties at these high prices and there's a surge of homes on the market creating some competition to drive prices down a little. Only time will tell I guess.

    Meanwhile, I've been in the market for another property and it is crazy how competitive it is right now. Just saw a townhome go for 30k over asking, which was already almost double what it was worth in '17.

  17. #19392
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Keep Tacoma Feared
    Posts
    3,325
    Something Has to Give in the Housing Market. Or Does It?

    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/20/u...smid=url-share

    “It’s not a bubble, it really is about the fundamentals,” said Jenny Schuetz, a housing researcher at the Brookings Institution. “It really is about supply and demand — not enough houses, and huge numbers of people wanting homes.”

    “My pessimistic view is that the economy is perfectly capable of running with unaffordable housing,” said Daryl Fairweather, the chief economist at Redfin. This was evident over the last decade, she said, when affordability worsened even as the economy continued to grow. And that reality has enabled politicians and the public to largely neglect the issue of housing affordability.

    “Another way to phrase that is people will still get up and go to their jobs, even if they’re housing insecure,” Ms. Fairweather said. “That’s one reason to think we’ll still just keep letting this problem get worse.”

  18. #19393
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Last Best City in the Last Best Place
    Posts
    5,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Yeah, '09 was great wasn't it? People losing their homes to the banks who were getting bailed out by the feds. The good ol days I tell ya!

    Locally, here in CO, the main problem is inventory right now. I'm hoping that that changes in the spring when people decide to cash out on their investment properties at these high prices and there's a surge of homes on the market creating some competition to drive prices down a little. Only time will tell I guess.

    Meanwhile, I've been in the market for another property and it is crazy how competitive it is right now. Just saw a townhome go for 30k over asking, which was already almost double what it was worth in '17.
    We bought in 2010 and would never be able to afford it now, so yeah, that was a good time for most people except those who bought during the bubble.

    But by all means buy another property during a bubble. Overpay like all the other dumbshits. Be part of the problem.

  19. #19394
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    panhandle locdog
    Posts
    7,546
    Ban Airbnb and a significant portion of the supposed "shortage" will cure itself.

  20. #19395
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    New Haven Line heading north
    Posts
    2,905
    This is a good OddLots podcast discussing housing outlook.

    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...?sref=vuYGislZ

  21. #19396
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    4,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Was just on a zoom call with a broker from Bellevue. An agent in her office had a listing last week with 33 offers that went for 800k over asking. The insanity continues.
    List price?

    There is nothing for sale in Mass right now. No end of this in sight. FFS.

  22. #19397
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,928
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    We bought in 2010 and would never be able to afford it now, so yeah, that was a good time for most people except those who bought during the bubble.

    But by all means buy another property during a bubble. Overpay like all the other dumbshits. Be part of the problem.
    "Except for those who bought during a bubble"---that was a shitload of people and it had a not-small effect on the economy IIRC, which directly or indirectly affected almost every person on the planet. You might not have gotten screwed out of a house, but you got screwed out of something because of the global recession.

    RE: buying during a bubble- I just sold an investment property, if it is a bubble, I'll be fine because that investment was purchased before prices surged. If anything, I'll just be under-leveraged.

  23. #19398
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Looking down
    Posts
    50,072
    So, in other words, it's cool, I got mine.

    Still watching the pathetic TGR echo chamber

  24. #19399
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    your vacation
    Posts
    3,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    So, in other words, it's cool, I got mine.
    pretty much benny shoulda bought a house in a ski town twenty years ago
    bummer you missed the boat on all that

  25. #19400
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    So, in other words, it's cool, I got mine.
    Started the thread and still doesn't get it 19426 pages later.

    So you admire the 45 year old guy who bought 13 years ago for $90K and now has a house worth $600K but when he sells it and collects that money, do you call him a greedy capitalist who is ruining the American dream for thousands of young adults who will never be able to buy their piece of the American dream?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •