Page 616 of 667 FirstFirst ... 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 ... LastLast
Results 15,376 to 15,400 of 16671
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1624293911402.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	190.7 KB 
ID:	377605

"There's never been a better time to buy!!"

USA RE to the moon, baby!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Some perspective on leases as someone who is currently renting an apartment in OR.

Anything less than a 12 month lease was available in month to month, 3, 6 or 9 month leases with the rate increasing to the 12 month cost + $200 for the month to month option without much of a break for the other terms. You can allow the lease to go month to month at the end of the term BUT the rent goes up to whatever they are charging for month to month when the lease ends. So in our case the rent went up $150/mth when our lease ended.

We are buying a house and our total will be way less than market rate rent for a similar home or apartment.

This country has a housing supply issue, but has an even bigger wage stagnation issue. The reason people arenít able to save with market rate rent is because the cost of everything has gone up without a commensurate increase in wages.

I literally couldnít care less about Jackson or some other resort town having a worker and housing shortage. Oh no, the poor rich people.

I do care about how this issue is effecting people in normal towns and cities across the country. If we donít get on top of it, we will see the enviable fallout that civilization and after civilization has experienced when their people canít feed their kids (1:5 homes food insecure in America! F YeAh!) and canít afford shelter. It hasnít been pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Lots of high paying jobs, too!
    Yes actually. Tons of large companies in the Midwest offering great salaries. Industrials, Pharmaceuticals, Insurance, Agri-Buisness / Food / Beer, Aerospace, Machinery, etc. Filled with Big 10 grads that make 6 figures.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    I do care about how this issue is effecting people in normal towns and cities across the country. If we don’t get on top of it, we will see the enviable fallout that civilization and after civilization has experienced when their people can’t feed their kids (1:5 homes food insecure in America! F YeAh!) and can’t afford shelter. It hasn’t been pretty.
    I agree with your point, but I think you meant "inevitable", not "enviable". Took me a second to parse that..."why is that enviable?"

But yeah, the richest country in history and people are hungry and homeless.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    I agree with your point, but I think you meant "inevitable", not "enviable". Took me a second to parse that..."why is that enviable?"

But yeah, the richest country in history and people are hungry and homeless.
    Is the country "rich" or are individuals in that country "rich"?

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    Is the country "rich" or are individuals in that country "rich"?
    Yeah, true 'dat - inequality is a growing issue for us. Still, we have high median incomes relative to other countries. The problem is we also have less support for those at the bottom end of the curve than other high income countries and arguably more hostile policies.

Name:  Screenshot 2021-06-21 112841.png
Views: 471
Size:  93.5 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    {edit} Remember the house across the park that sold for a million?

It emboldened the neighbors to ask almost a mil for this: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...3624047_zpid/?

We'll see who's irrational on this one. My bet is the seller, but we're in uncharted territory.
    Well, I bet on the wrong horse. Closed at $1,110,000. That's 135k over asking.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Yeah, true 'dat - inequality is a growing issue for us. Still, we have high median incomes relative to other countries. The problem is we also have less support for those at the bottom end of the curve than other high income countries and arguably more hostile policies.
    Well in a free society inequality will always grow naturally for two reasons....

Inflation increases the higher end and the low end will ALWAYS be zero.

Well in a free society inequality will always grow naturally for two reasons....

blah blah blah social Darwin bullshit blah blah blah, autofellating middle class moron

”the renter class” doesn’t exist as a national thing.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Name:  Screenshot 2021-06-21 112841.png
Views: 471
Size:  93.5 KB
    What does US GDP have to do with my paycheck? Nothing. Your "stat" is showing the countries that are more successful at running their economy with a more even benefit towards ALL of the people.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

This is not true. The level of inequality in the USA has ebbed and flowed over time. We recently just passed the last peak. And while in the USA it's been increasing for a while, global inequality has actually been decreasing.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    blah blah blah social Darwin bullshit blah blah blah, autofellating middle class moron

”the renter class” doesn’t exist as a national thing.
    You sound angry. Hope your day gets better!

You sound angry. Hope your day gets better!
    making yuppies dance like bums for a drink always brings a smile

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    making yuppies dance like bums for a drink always brings a smile

Whatever floats your boat...

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post

Thanks, that's a great piece of information to keep in mind.
    "but this time is different!"
    heh

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post

Will the housing market crash the economy or will the economy crash the housing market?

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Will the housing market crash the economy or will the economy crash the housing market?
    yes
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

More people are liable to lose jobs first(economy tanks), then cause the housing market to crash. As long as there are jobs people will still be paying rent, and mtges so market may end up lower, but not in a crisis so I don't think a housing market correction will kill the economy. Being upside down on a home is way more palatable than walking away from homes as in 2008,9 and we have willing buyers when foreclosures resume en mass.

Last time Wall Street put the world banking system on the line w no doc loans and derivatives. I don't think that will happen again.

The real question, will the bottom be deeper relatively speaking from the last crash?

Looking forward to snagging my 9000 sq ft lakefront mcmansion for $200k.

The real question, will the bottom be deeper relatively speaking from the last crash?

Looking forward to snagging my 9000 sq ft lakefront mcmansion for $200k.
    It won't, it will be a shallower and slower slide. For the same reason people are saying this time is different.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    It won't, it will be a shallower and slower slide. For the same reason people are saying this time is different.
    I agree with you.

Neither. It's not that important this time. Unless some massive hedge fund and a few banks are heavily exposed, but, doubtful.

The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.