Page 664 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 ... LastLast
Results 16,576 to 16,600 of 27101
    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Underinvestment in Germany is unhealthy for Germans….. but telling a smug German that is like convincing them spending millions or billions on some shitty foreign Corp (Chrysler, lol) is a bad economic move, they always know better.
    What kind of competition exactly are you trying to win? How do your friends react to your slightly erratic behavior and topic changes?

I certainly know skifishbum catches more fish than you!
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    theres a lot of people who catch more fish than me
    im not gonna tell ya gitten em dont matter to me but
    i dont go fishing to quantify the experiance by catching
    any more than i go skiing to quantify it with vert
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

My home's Redfin listing was missing a bedroom, so I claimed the house and increased the bedroom count by one. As soon as I clicked "save", the estimated value dropped by $30k Time well spent

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    My home's Redfin listing was missing a bedroom, so I claimed the house and increased the bedroom count by one. As soon as I clicked "save", the estimated value dropped by $30k Time well spent
    Is the sq footage listed correctly? Had that issue on our last house.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Is the sq footage listed correctly? Had that issue on our last house.
    Yeah, the square footage is correct. Redfin says they re-evaluate prices every week, so hoping it's just a temporary glitch. Zillow has us at the right number of bedrooms with an estimated value within $2k of Redfin's estimate before I updated the listing.

The house next door to my sister's home in Austin went on the market for $2.5M today and it's a tear down. Nice lot though.
    The owners are in their 80s and ended up having to go in to full time care.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/610-Lan...29336567_zpid/

Boomer churn.

That's close enough to say, "I live in the same neighborhood as Joe"

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    The house next door to my sister's home in Austin went on the market for $2.5M today and it's a tear down. Nice lot though.
    Huh, I would have said that house needs updating but is awesome in its 50s way. You think it'll get torn down?

Huh, I would have said that house needs updating but is awesome in its 50s way. You think it'll get torn down?
    I like how Zillow shows the estimated property taxes at about $49k per year. Fucking ouch.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Probably. I asked my sister if they thought about buying it, but not when they found out what the daughters were going to ask for it. She says it’s a tear down and not worth more than 1.5m. Its probably at least a complete gut. None of the wiring, plumbing etc has been updated. She thinks a couple that lives up the street and just built this ugly monstrosity will buy it, tear it down and build another monstrosity.

It’s a cool, older neighborhood. Lots of the homes are still occupied by the original owners, the lots are large with old oak trees. It borders up to a small ranch that is still family owned and Barton creek country club. It will be a shame if the ranch is ever sold & developed.

Yeah, the taxes. Eanes school district. At least there’s no state income tax.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post

https://www.zillow.com/homes/610-Lan...29336567_zpid/
    $1million per acre?
    Assessed at half a mil but asking 2.5?
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Boomer churn.
    Are you senile and just keep repeating that phrase?
    Tourettes?
    Autism?

Quote Originally Posted by mfcf13 View Post
    Are you senile and just keep repeating that phrase?
    Tourettes?
    Autism?
    Bless his heart
    . . .

When that term is all the rage you will know you heard it here first from Benny
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

BYHYFM

It is almost upon us, page 666

Mark of the BEEEEEEAAAAASSSSSTTTTTT!!!!!

BYHYFM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Bless his heart
    Yes!

Keep it going.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Posting for posterity's sake.

Fun fact: there isn't a home for sale on zillow, in the state of Colorado, for $666,000

In other news, listed our tiny 1-bedroom lock-off for 40% rent increase. Been answering 20 emails a day since last Friday, showing it to 13 parties today and tomorrow, should have 1st, last and security deposit in pocket by this weekend. No LTRs out there at all. Apparently there's this airbnb thing? Have you guys heard of it? Sounds like a lot of work compared to providing stable housing for locals (and never having to clean it ourselves), but I guess a lot of people are doing that thing these days.

People are drawn to the concept of airbnb, as the money is really there in mountain towns at least. But I know several Teton Valley folks that are in way over their heads now as most cleaning companies are dumping them due to a lack of staff. I imagine it has to be the same elsewhere. Same with landscaping and handymen. Airbnb provides such a tiny window when you are booked up you can't handle that stuff by relying on others to do it.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    People are drawn to the concept of airbnb, as the money is really there in mountain towns at least. But I know several Teton Valley folks that are in way over their heads now as most cleaning companies are dumping them due to a lack of staff. I imagine it has to be the same elsewhere. Same with landscaping and handymen. Airbnb provides such a tiny window when you are booked up you can't handle that stuff by relying on others to do it.
    "Buy another house," they said.

Fuck that shit.