Page 663 of 1084 FirstFirst ... 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 ... LastLast
Results 16,551 to 16,575 of 27076
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Been in more than a few school districts, bud. Old one was smaller, but yes, full of billionaires, and yes, one of the richest places on the planet (myself certainly not part of that crowd, though). Laughing at you being like "iT woUlD taKe HUNDREDS of ClasSRooMs for ALL tHOsE SmaRTboArdS!" Dude. My wife's current school district has more than 60,000 students. District right over in same town that she also serves has around 100,000 students. She works with over 200 campuses. "Hundreds" HA! So, yeah. That's a few Smartboards you analytical genius. Furthermore, all those expensive Smartboards are getting flushed down the toilet now for something even MORE expensive, pretty much the second the final ones got installed from that rollout.
    While that adds credence to your story, it takes all the punch out of your point. Across hundreds of classrooms and tens of thousands of students, just about anything you do is gonna cost millions. That’s just how shit scales.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    While that adds credence to your story, it takes all the punch out of your point. Across hundreds of classrooms and tens of thousands of students, just about anything you do is gonna cost millions. That’s just how shit scales.
    Besides - a million bucks ain't what it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    as president of an hoa...
    hold on now

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    hold on now
    FF isn't really who you think he is...

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    My beef ain't the smartboards. I was fine with a few million, sure. It's good tech and teachers and students have liked them overall. My beef was not how they they made a big stinking deal about how badly they needed them (fine), justified the costs (fine), got the teachers trained on them (great), and then finally got them into the last classroom (super!). My beef lies in how the second the last ones went in, they're doing it all over again with ANOTHER newer, more expensive tech, that the teachers weren't asking for and don't even want.

It's literally how government spending is though across all levels, though. Gotta spend dat sweet taxpayer cash before next FY so we don't get budget reductions the next, amiright?! "QUICK! WE HAVE $30MM OF DISCRETIONARY FUNDS LEFT OVER AND GOTTA SPEND IT STAT! WHAT DO WE DO?!" "I KNOW! You know those Smartboards we just finished putting in? Screw those pieces of crap! Let's replace 'em!" "GENIUS! Approved!" Seriously. The teachers are like "WTF? Uhh, how about a raise instead?"

@shitless: I hate it when the veil slips

don't worry I'm about to smoke a bowl before I head out even though I thought I was going to quit smoking even though my cardiologist reamed me two weeks ago for being a pot head but driving around all day honking my horn at gapers handing out atta boys to the two dozen or so people who are working on my jobs stopping by the bank and depositing 80k reaming a few public officials for their gov't ineptness and talking on the phone for most of my day I don't want to disappoint

but yeah I hate this place royally and looking to sell and move to a quiet place full of rednecks but having single track out my front door makes the move tough

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Like in, he's really an Asian lady named Helen?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

but yeah I hate this place royally and looking to sell and move to a quiet place full of rednecks but having single track out my front door makes the move tough
    Would you be interested in a fractional ownership opportunity in Pueblo?

Sinola Jeffe laundering pesos in a CO ski town? Don't tell me he's a Scientologist, because that would be really disappointing, and just so cliche'.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

<snip>
    Green River, Wyoming?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Sinola Jeffe laundering pesos in a CO ski town? Don't tell me he's a Scientologist, because that would be really disappointing, and just so cliche'.
    Shinola or Sinaloa?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Shinola or Sinaloa?
    Sinus.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Sinus.
    Sirius XM?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    My beef ain't the smartboards. I was fine with a few million, sure. It's good tech and teachers and students have liked them overall. My beef was not how they they made a big stinking deal about how badly they needed them (fine), justified the costs (fine), got the teachers trained on them (great), and then finally got them into the last classroom (super!). My beef lies in how the second the last ones went in, they're doing it all over again with ANOTHER newer, more expensive tech, that the teachers weren't asking for and don't even want.

It's literally how government spending is though across all levels, though. Gotta spend dat sweet taxpayer cash before next FY so we don't get budget reductions the next, amiright?! "QUICK! WE HAVE $30MM OF DISCRETIONARY FUNDS LEFT OVER AND GOTTA SPEND IT STAT! WHAT DO WE DO?!" "I KNOW! You know those Smartboards we just finished putting in? Screw those pieces of crap! Let's replace 'em!" "GENIUS! Approved!" Seriously. The teachers are like "WTF? Uhh, how about a raise instead?"
    The smartboard thing is good in theory, but with the current average age of teachers it doesn't necessarily work out. My wife works with so many teachers that don't use their smartboard at all because they don't know how to. Sure they were trained, but it just doesn't stick, so they fall back into what they know. I can't say I blame them, but in a normal job, they would either learn the new processes or be replaced. Of course, using tech, for many teachers is not as critical as connecting and teaching all the children, so one would have to look at the complete picture. Maybe in another 15-20 years or more things will change. This past covid year has forced many schools into the tech world, but not all districts.

Now the fact they moved them to a newer smartboard tech is just classic computer tech changes, right? Once you go down that rabbit hole it's never ending. Thank you, Bill Gates.

I'm a huge proponent of public education, but our public schools are broken on so many levels and there is absolutely no one solution to fix all the issues. Saying it's a complex problem would be an understatement, but surely tgr could solve it!

pueblo has been a front runner for many years very over looked town in my opinion
    I have a thing for towns that most people snub their noses at I mean breck wasn't cool when I first got here and now it is go figure
    I've got a list of the towns I dig but will not disclose cause I don't want TGR types cunting the perfect towns up ya know

fat pasty tourists in white sneakers with their head in their ass grates on you after awhile
    saw one family yesterday that was as pale as ghosts I bet by 8pm they were all in pain scorched earth pink and red
    dealing with CEO customers is tough too

so realestate?
    affordable housing?

<snip> I mean breck wasn't cool when I first got here and now it is
    Ahh... I'm calling bullshit you Thai lady-boy. Breck has always been "cool" - well, maybe not "always" but at least for the last 40 years.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Sirius XM?
    That belongs in the "shit that annoys you" thread. Making me call or live chat to cancel every six months so I can maintain the same pricing plan is beyond obnoxious, but unfortunately still better than listening to FM.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Ahh... I'm calling bullshit you Thai lady-boy. Breck has always been "cool" - well, maybe not "always" but at least for the last 40 years.

brohseph

on another note I found a perfect house this weekend the synopsis went something like "hope your handy this gem in a great neighborhood needs some finishing touches since it was mitigated for meth" The other house I dig had no interior photos since it belong to a hoarder called my mom this morning and told her I wanted the hoarder house and maybe she can ease my old man into handing over some dough so I can get it and she said i hade to talk to him myself

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Green River, Wyoming?
    i bets theres a moto single track to the rock springs peeler joints
    rednecks o plenty
    its a cool reservoir
    360 miles of shoreline
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    i bets theres a moto single track to the rock springs peeler joints
    rednecks o plenty
    its a cool reservoir
    360 miles of shoreline
    I've heard rumors that there is quite a bit of good mt biking there as well...

fat pasty tourists in white sneakers with their head in their ass grates on you after awhile
    Drop Santa Fe from your list then.

And yeah, Rock Springs. Not cool at all.

But he can be anybody you imagine.

Grand Junction, where, I have heard, ranchers and truckers breed.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    That belongs in the "shit that annoys you" thread. Making me call or live chat to cancel every six months so I can maintain the same pricing plan is beyond obnoxious, but unfortunately still better than listening to FM.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app
    Pffft. Got the lifetime subscription when they were struggling to stay afloat back in Dec. 2005. Got lucky with that deal. Paid around $499 or something. So at about $2.60/month these past 16 years. Still not as good as if I had bought $499 worth of BTC back in '07.