Page 358 of 1076 FirstFirst ... 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 ... LastLast
Results 8,926 to 8,950 of 26889
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    How do you know it was the New Yorkers who weren't wearing masks?
    It was everybody. Only one lady out of everyone (except me) had a mask on.
    The way people are acting it's like nothing is happening.
    The other weekend when it was nice, one large family (NY plates) had a little changing tent set up in front of their Sienna and was picnicking in the parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    How do you know it was the New Yorkers who weren't wearing masks?
    Carrying a bottle of red, bottle of white, pompadour hair style, engineer boots, leather jacket and tight blue jeans.
    At least that’s my vision thanks to billy Joel.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Of course, the flip side to that is some of these mega high priced condo towers in NYC coming on line right now and the near future maybe selling well to the international uber wealthy who easily survived this and got bailed out and supported with public money. Like the insane stock market right now.
    The ultra high end residential market has been soft for some time already.

Manhattan is fucked, unless they open museums and bars and restaraunts and museums and stadiums. What else is there to do?
    Broadway. The single biggest draw to tourism in NYC. And they ain't opening anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post

Broadway. The single biggest draw to tourism in NYC. And they ain't opening anytime soon.
    Perhaps they'll start to relo?

Broadway is a late 2021 hope.

New home consgtruction down 30% for April. I would anticipate May will follow similar numbers.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-february-2015

But they continue to build in Central Oregon like the DOW is at 30k, and UE rate is at 4%....
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Must be quite a few potential home buyers out there that feel pretty comfortable with their finances and job situation.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/mortg...144552869.html

The volume of purchase applications grew 6% last week versus the previous one, according to the Mortgage Bankers Association. Purchase activity is now just 1.5% off from last year, an improvement over six weeks ago when it was 35% lower than a year ago.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

In the Seattle bedroom community I work in, new homes in the $800k-1M price range are selling faster than we can review and issue the permit applications for them. May is already the busiest month I've had in 2020 in terms of inspection volume.

Boise is still hot. Multiple offers quick. High end $750k+ is slowing slightly but my realtor friends are still in high cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    Carrying a bottle of red, bottle of white, pompadour hair style, engineer boots, leather jacket and tight blue jeans.
    At least that’s my vision thanks to billy Joel.
    sounds like this dyke i know with a pitbull
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    In the Seattle bedroom community I work in, new homes in the $800k-1M price range are selling faster than we can review and issue the permit applications for them. May is already the busiest month I've had in 2020 in terms of inspection volume.
    As someone that is looking to sell in PDX, and move to Seattle for a job shortly...that's not fabulous to hear...

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    As someone that is looking to sell in PDX, and move to Seattle for a job shortly...that's not fabulous to hear...
    Don't sweat it too much, you can still rent a nice 2 bed/1 bath apartment for $2100-2500 a month if you call the landlord within 4 minutes of the listing being posted.

And while you're in your rental, you can scour the market and see shitholes that are either in white trash heaven (ok, ok, talking about white trash heaven and the PNW is redundant, I know) or would be razed in most of the rest of the country get gobbled up in a matter of hours in the $500k-750k range.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Don't sweat it too much, you can still rent a nice 2 bed/1 bath apartment for $2100-2500 a month if you call the landlord within 4 minutes of the listing being posted.

And while you're in your rental, you can scour the market and see shitholes that are either in white trash heaven (ok, ok, talking about white trash heaven and the PNW is redundant, I know) or would be razed in most of the rest of the country get gobbled up in a matter of hours in the $500k-750k range.
    Yeah, that's what it appears to be. Thanks for the pep talk. Crazy stressful without this painful Covid situation on top of it!

A flip in my neighborhood sold for $21k above asking in two days last month. Ended up selling for $610k.

Zillow is predicting a YoY price decline for my hood for the first time ever-
    Name:  Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 5.05.12 PM.png
Views: 345
Size:  294.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    Yeah, that's what it appears to be. Thanks for the pep talk. Crazy stressful without this painful Covid situation on top of it!
    Sorry, not trying to piss in your Cheerios. Good luck with the move!

ETA: One silver lining of the COVID thing is that even with the state starting to open back up, congestion and traffic are still far more tolerable than they were before. Lots of large tech employers having staff WFH, combined with schools being closed has made a big difference there. So savor that!
    Last edited by glademaster; 05-20-2020 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the propagandist formerly monikered brostoyevski View Post
    Interesting, redfin say pending sales down 97% this past week YoY, actual sales down on the order of 30-40% the last two months. I keep thinking wishfully that homes stop getting priced in funny money, but without rates going up it seems like the activity will just narrow as prices moon.
    I could see overall it being down but I'm not in real estate. The realtors I hang out with have been in the game a long time and focus on the down town core and surrounding areas. Basically the areas that you see in the articles about Boise. Not the 80% of generic tract housing that isn't moving as much.

CT on the rise

Corona castles more popular than ever

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nnecticut.html
    . . .

Yep, I imagine we're about to get another wave of Boston residents in southern NH as it's in striking distance for meetings and has no income tax. Also semi-reasonable real estate prices. I feel bad for the locally employed as teachers and others can't compete with Google et Al salaries

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Yep, I imagine we're about to get another wave of Boston residents in southern NH as it's in striking distance for meetings and has no income tax. Also semi-reasonable real estate prices. I feel bad for the locally employed as teachers and others can't compete with Google et Al salaries
    If they didn’t make the jump over the last 20 years, they probably won’t suddenly see NH as anything other than cow hampshire ever.

That being said the farm stand in Kensington is proudly a safe space with plenty of signage explaining so. I couldn’t help but tell them they didn’t need a sign, it’s already written on the license plates but they didn’t get the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    CT on the rise

Corona castles more popular than ever

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nnecticut.html
    Yes. Bring it on, rich fucks.

Yes. Bring it on, rich fucks.
    Thought you were a renter.

Nope. Well, to the bank.

Boulder is really active after a brutal April, stats are starting to improve and a ton of property going under contract. I've received 3 new referrals this past week alone (2 buyers, one seller) as well as a new Zillow buyer for my listings up in Nederland (and hell no, I don't pay Zillow for leads).

Trying to remain optimistic, I have a closing in a couple of weeks and I'm really grateful to be working.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PowderHorse View Post
    Boulder is really active after a brutal April, stats are starting to improve and a ton of property going under contract. I've received 3 new referrals this past week alone (2 buyers, one seller) as well as a new Zillow buyer for my listings up in Nederland (and hell no, I don't pay Zillow for leads).

Trying to remain optimistic, I have a closing in a couple of weeks and I'm really grateful to be working.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    good to hear!

I think it will be a while (if ever) before the lower end of the Boulder market stumbles badly, but like the recession, inventory may dry up as everyone decides to just hold.

If I had a $1.5M+ property and was hoping to sell soon, I'd be getting nervous (which may be part of why things are heating up, people who had near term plans to sell are pushing to the market now).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

It seems like an even smaller supply is the main driver in keeping prices propped in the markets I follow. Even if there are fewer buyers, there are even fewer sellers.

Real Estate Crash thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    It seems like an even smaller supply is the main driver in keeping prices propped in the markets I follow. Even if there are fewer buyers, there are even fewer sellers.
    This. Figure some prevailing thoughts along the lines of ‘’if we had got that house we were outbid on last October then we would be in the same position we are in now, and turns out that’s still where we want to be.’’ I’m curious to see if there are also a significant amount of buyers waiting for the supply flood that is almost sure to happen at some point. It feels that way from what I can tell but there’s no way to quantify it (obviously).
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 05-21-2020 at 11:24 AM.