Check Out Our Shop
Page 1093 of 1105 FirstFirst ... 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 ... LastLast
Results 27,301 to 27,325 of 27601
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Called an agent about a property they are representing. The agent would not answer any questions about the property; all information has to go through a buyer's agent. Blame was placed on the recent NAR rulings.
    What?

"I won't talk to you about selling this property unless you have a realtor!"

That agent must be doing really really well

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    Mountain towns are ceasing to be organic towns. They are becoming storage facilities for real estate portfolios.
    I may steal that phrasing
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I missed Maz encountering the same scenario.

Talk about knowing they are doomed. They are basically begging to get sued by sellers for turning away interested parties because their friends won't get a cut of the action. Guess you are willing to take that risk when you will be out of a job anyways.
    Live Free or Die

I don't understand why, as a buyer, you won't use a REA. It doesn't cost you anything, and it makes your life a lot easier.

That being said, the seller's agent is definitely out of bounds to say no to any potential buyer like that.

Because in my experience, they don't make my life any easier. They constantly make mistakes, and guide you to properties that benefit them (for a myriad of different reasons), rather than you. Then, if a real problem occurs, they pass the buck and blame inspectors or lawyers. At this point, I know what I'm doing and can fill out my own paperwork and make a couple phone calls.

For example, I'm looking at lots. Realtors are fucking useless here and since I'm going to have to do all the leg work at the town offices anyways, I'll just save myself the time running through a middleman.
    Live Free or Die

Real Estate Crash thread

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I don't understand why, as a buyer, you won't use a REA. It doesn't cost you anything, and it makes your life a lot easier.
    I’m no RE expert, but it is my understanding that starting in July, buyer’s agents commissions are no longer paid by the seller.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post

That being said, the seller's agent is definitely out of bounds to say no to any potential buyer like that.
    But until things change in July the price is set with the assumption the seller will be paying a buyer's agent. Having just sold, I would have been happy to give that 2 1/2% back to the buyer in the form of a lower price if they weren't using a buyer's agent.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    I’m no RE expert, but it is my understanding that starting in July, buyer’s agents commissions are no longer paid by the seller.
    It's going to vary by state.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Commissions can still be paid buy the seller, BUT you can't advertise the amount on the MLS. So your buyer's agent is gonna have to call the listing agent and find out. Also, commissions CAN be advertised on personal agent websites. So it's just kind of some silly extra steps to get to the same end in most cases.

Regarding listing agents not wanting to talk to buyers directly: Many are probably worried about the ethics involved in this settlement potentially forcing transactions into dual agency. It's understandable. Dual agency is legal here in MT and in many states, but illegal in Alaska, Colorado, Florida, Kansas, Maryland, Texas, Vermont, and Wyoming.

^^ What WG said. The headlines are one thing, but the reality is that sellers will likely continue paying a buyer's agent. It just won't be listed in the MLS anymore.

It's understandable that agents are running interference for each other to maintain status quo. Questions of dual agency are not new. Every open house has a stack of forms disclaiming "You're a customer, not a client."

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post

Some of the earlier articles mentioned a fatal motorcycle crash at the site of the failure prior to things fully failing. It seems like that might create a real case for the rider's estate.
    Not fatal. Dude's wheel got hung up in the opening crack before it got very big. Had a trailer towing behind his moto. The bike flopped but the trailer didn't.
    People stopped and helped him up.

Road broke loose a while later.

I get the whole dual agency thing, to the point where I was up front that I am not looking for them to represent me in any way. But they should do their job and open the door for me rather than protect their useless realtor friends (or in this case provide the address so I can walk the lot).
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Not fatal. Dude's wheel got hung up in the opening crack before it got very big. Had a trailer towing behind his moto. The bike flopped but the trailer didn't.
    People stopped and helped him up.

Road broke loose a while later.
    That's good, the original wire story must've had it wrong (and the JH News and Guide does have a photo of the bike).

https://bozeman.craigslist.org/reb/d...757789875.html

only 25K. I should prob snag this and make it a Mr Lahey Airbnb. ppl can role play for the weekend

Consensus on being past peak home prices and starting down the other side? Not a crash, but a decline toward lower prices.

not seeing it around here. not much new inventory coming on market.

That topic came up on Thursday while playing golf. I don't follow the RE market but one guy just sold a place in Bozeman and bought a place in Livingston. He and another guy both claimed, longer time on the market for many properties and some capitulation on prices, but prices here are still stupid high.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/06/20/b...smid=url-share

The market is stuck at this very high point and unfortunately there are probably many on the sidelines waiting to become landlords in addition to all those that actually want a place to live so I don't see much relief coming.

Everything I read locally in Southern California says low inventory and prices at all time highs. In my hood I just saw a new listing that's 800 square feet on a 3000 square foot lot for 2.5 million and promptly lost my shit. I hope there's someone stupid enough out there to pay it so the whole neighborhood goes up 1 million in value.

https://billings.craigslist.org/reo/...758382997.html

would you like own some land that is there sometimes, and other times not so much. act fast. what an opportunity for someone w an extra arc sitting around.

Be a bargain if there was a decent surf wave.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    https://billings.craigslist.org/reo/...758382997.html

would you like own some land that is there sometimes, and other times not so much. act fast. what an opportunity for someone w an extra arc sitting around.
    Interesting use of the Engrish in that.

Thems are real montanan

Property is being sold AS IS, WHERE IS.
    Good to know when in comes to riverfront property
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

RE Market latest trends from Redfin;

Pending sales post their biggest decline since the beginning of March. Pending home sales fell 3.8%, the biggest year-over-year decline in nearly four months, during the four weeks ending June 16. Buyers are shying away from earlier steps in the house-hunting process, too: Redfin’s Homebuyer Demand Index, a measure of requests for tours and other buying services from Redfin agents, declined 17% year over year to its lowest level since February.

Buyers are backing off largely because housing costs are high. The median U.S. home-sale price is up 4.8% to an all-time high of $396,000, and the median monthly mortgage payment is $2,781, about $60 below its record high. The weekly average mortgage rate declined slightly to 6.95% this week, but it’s still more than double pandemic-era lows.

New listings are still near historic lows. Another reason for the decline in pending sales is a lack of new, desirable listings for buyers to choose from. New listings are up 7.7% year over year, but they’re sitting well below typical levels for this time of year; the only time on record listings June listings have been lower was in 2023.

Many home listings are becoming stale, sitting on the market for 30 days or longer without going under contract; Redfin agents report that most buyers are willing to pay sky-high housing costs only for move-in ready homes in popular neighborhoods.

Avg. 30 yr. mortgage - 7.02%
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch