Page 372 of 1076 FirstFirst ... 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 ... LastLast
Results 9,276 to 9,300 of 26885
    Also, what is going on with the hardwood floor between the bathroom and the kitchen/dining table? You have that nice knotty floor in the living area (is that hickory?), then the border dividing the parquet floor from the living area is a different kind of hardwood. That's an awkward transition, particularly where you have planks perpendicular to each other. I get that they were trying to divide the space, but it's a pretty half baked effort.

And it looks like there's a big section of that different floor in front of the bathroom. What happened there?

Quote Originally Posted by Smoova View Post
    Perhaps none of his friends need two hands to lift a glass and a table to set it on while they regain their strength.
    I'm not really sure what point you're trying to make, but it's abnormal to hold your drink from first sip to last unless you're somewhere where you're worried about getting drugged. A nice beer takes me 30-40 minutes to drink, it would be piss warm if I held it that entire time.

I think there's a step there.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I think there's a step there.
    Oy, then that border makes even less sense. The step naturally divides the space. That's your standard issue hot mess.

I wonder if there was water damage or something along those lines that prompted someone to replace part of the hardwood with something they tried to match. Very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post

And it looks like there's a big section of that different floor in front of the bathroom. What happened there?

The original floor is "rustic" white oak. When I did the original remodel the area your speaking of we got "select" white oak. It was stained then so you couldn't really tell. The wood in the kitchen is special order "rustic" and took a long time to get. Not perfect but looks good. I like the contrasting colors on the stairs but the landing area is misplaced.

I looked at staging with a bunch of new mid-century stuff but decided to use my junk. The house is over-improved for the area so this is fine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	K1000320.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	333136

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Oy, then that border makes even less sense. The step naturally divides the space. That's your standard issue hot mess.
    That's the old stain. Too much work to get it out.

Search Alameda County and see what it compares too. Look at this place for $820k. You'd rather have that? Same square footage
    https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-61831?view=qv

Here's a couple more

Name:	K1000283.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	333138

Name:	K1000352.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	333139

Fire away

Name:	K1000422.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	854.5 KB 
ID:	333141Click image for larger version. 

Name:	K1000268.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	333142

My realtor wife says lose the chair against the wall between the kitchen and hallway, and the foot rest thing in front of the couch. Less is more. You're trying to create the feeling of there being more space than there really is.

As for a Lebowski rug to tie the room together, only if it's nice, and not too big. Ratty rugs = no bueno.

I got rid of the hideous ratty rug. Agree with your wife. Thought lonely couch wouldn't look right.

My realtor has zero creativity. He hired a photographer and the pictures were absolute shit. I had to get my own. The photographer helped a little bit. I'm doing this bare bones. I think I will get rid of the pieces Ted is talking about for showings. Good idea

Back yard is large for the area.

Name:	K1000467-HDR.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	2.26 MB 
ID:	333144

This is my competition.
    https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-75657?view=qv

Newark is supposed to be a better area but it really isn't. I need to pull the Indians up to my hood. Asians already here

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-58478?view=qv

My house will list for $793K and is considered high.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Good luck 4M. Looks nice. To me it could really use like an inexpensive pale-colored patterned rug, like maybe sorta navajo-ish, not real big, just to break it p a little
    so, you're saying he needs a rug... to tie the room together?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

It's gone beyond letters. Today a realtor was knocking on my door.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post

Newark .
    Funny, you say Newark, I think New Jersey.

Looks like a nice house to live in. Bathrooms are done nicely.
    Last edited by Ski220; 06-30-2020 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Then you've accepted an offer, it's not "sold." Hope it works out, that's a long escrow period.
    No doubt. They live somewhere else and it was convenient for them but we're gonna try to move it up. Have some solid earnest oney in escrow at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    It's called minimalism.....boomer.

Iceman interior decorates in jeans?
    Hey, I see you're back. I wanted to ask you something, or, if you would, just share your history with us. We all want to live where we want to live, as you have and are, so, would you tell us how you pulled it off? How did you move from bumbfuck Alabama or wherever you said (Steve Martin in The Jerk?) and wind up owning two properties in one of the highest priced markets in America, high Colorado? What kind of "hard work" did you do to accomplish that? Up there? You know, a place that has a ton of high paying jobs, right? Really gotta know. We all should.

Nice interior and yard 4matic. Pop some crown moldings in and it is done. If you don't mind sharing, what was the cost to remodel the bathrooms, as I have 2 coming up.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Real Estate Crash thread

Thanks. All the square footage after the two steps down is unpermitted so someone has to buy it as is. I had it inspected for structural integrity. I know that means discount and appraisal trouble and will probably take a large down payment buyer. It’s so much nicer than anything in its price range I’m optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Hey, I see you're back. I wanted to ask you something, or, if you would, just share your history with us. We all want to live where we want to live, as you have and are, so, would you tell us how you pulled it off? How did you move from bumbfuck Alabama or wherever you said (Steve Martin in The Jerk?) and wind up owning two properties in one of the highest priced markets in America, high Colorado? What kind of "hard work" did you do to accomplish that? Up there? You know, a place that has a ton of high paying jobs, right? Really gotta know. We all should.
    You don't need my life story you creeper. I just think that it is funny that you think someone has to have some kind of magical trust fund to be able to actually live where they want to live.

You don't need my life story you creeper. I just think that it is funny that you think someone has to have some kind of magical trust fund to be able to actually live where they want to live.
    Welcome to Bunny Gravity Research!
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Stick it in your ass! The fact that you don't think that two hardworking adults can make a fairly comfortable life for themselves in the mountains of Colorado is your fallacy. Being a local and all, I'm surprised you haven't figured in our yet. Or maybe I'm not.

Work hard, stick around for a while, don't waste money, buy wisely and...boom! Your part of the problem.

No man, c'mon. You have the key here. I guess I'm pretty dumb. Never figured it out. How'd you do it dude? How'd you figure it all out? I know what brought me here. But, man, you're living the dream, amigo. And you have the fucking balls, the slither on the ground snakelike testicles to insult someone else about their "choice" of where they are living? Listen, you scumbag, come clean how you were able to "own" two properties in high Colorado at your age, or I'll "creep" and harass your little chicken shit ass until the end. Be a man, you asshole. We all want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Stick it in your ass! The fact that you don't think that two hardworking adults can make a fairly comfortable life for themselves in the mountains of Colorado is your fallacy. Being a local and all, I'm surprised you haven't figured in our yet. Or maybe I'm not.

Work hard, stick around for a while, don't waste money, buy wisely and...boom! Your part of the problem.
    STFU. This is between me and shithead.

All he has to do is tell me how.

No man, c'mon. You have the key here. I guess I'm pretty dumb. Never figured it out. How'd you do it dude? How'd you figure it all out? I know what brought me here. But, man, you're living the dream, amigo. And you have the fucking balls, the slither on the ground snakelike testicles to insult someone else about their "choice" of where they are living? Listen, you scumbag, come clean how you were able to "own" two properties in high Colorado at your age, or I'll "creep" and harass your little chicken shit ass until the end. Be a man, you asshole. We all want to know.

I don’t owe you shit. Call me all the names you want. Threatening people in a real estate thread? Come on man. Grow up.