Page 830 of 1084 FirstFirst ... 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 ... LastLast
Results 20,726 to 20,750 of 27096
    Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    The sharing economy. Whatever makes you parasites sleep well at night. Going after starter homes and bending millenials (the most likely 1st home buyers) over the white picket fence.

The younger generations wern't ready to burn it all down, but reading snippets like this and seeing where the market is going makes me think that the only way things will change for the better will be realized from the ashes of the old system.
    It's just like Uber but for living!

Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post
    All those people looking for a house found one? Gave up? Can’t afford it anymore?
    Yeah, still looking but with tempered expectations - maybe we just won't find anything, and if so, we'll live with it.

I'm tired of hearing about decreased acceleration in home prices like it's some big reversal. 20 to 10% YOY appreciation is still increasing home prices and an even tighter market. Bring the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Yeah, still looking but with tempered expectations - maybe we just won't find anything, and if so, we'll live with it.
    You still targeting Bellingham? Either way, best of luck in your search.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    I'm tired of hearing about decreased acceleration in home prices like it's some big reversal. 20 to 10% YOY appreciation is still increasing home prices and an even tighter market. Bring the pain.
    Yeah the headline sure tries to milk every bit out of that quote that’s like, “yeah, it’s just going to be a hot market, not a ridiculous market”

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    You still targeting Bellingham? Either way, best of luck in your search.
    Yeah, we added Spokane to the mix too, we'll buy wherever we find something we like that we can afford. Bellingham has a ton to offer in terms of access to outdoor activities and access to the Seattle job market, but it's super-competitive: we've lost multiple houses to all-cash offers. Spokane is way more achievable for us, but haven't seen anything that appealing since we've been seriously looking there.

Millennials not buying homes is a myth.
    https://sf.freddiemac.com/content/_a...nd-housing.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    The sharing economy. Whatever makes you parasites sleep well at night. Going after starter homes and bending millenials (the most likely 1st home buyers) over the white picket fence.

The younger generations wern't ready to burn it all down, but reading snippets like this and seeing where the market is going makes me think that the only way things will change for the better will be realized from the ashes of the old system.
    You are not wrong.

I don't know what regulatory mechanism can correct this.

The ultra-have's seem to be fucking blind to the oldest cycle in history: too much disparity = revolution. But these sociopaths are convincing themselves their greed is actually a good thing for the people they are fucking over by means of power and wealth disparity in a way that makes it very permanent in a very very sensitive and important way: housing.

Moderation is the key to social stability. Revolutions suck ass for everyone involved, unless you are a psychopath. Well, psychopaths love to start the revolutions by killing the unpopular sociopaths... and then they keep killing.

Undermine the hope of the American Dream at your own peril (and everyone else's)
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Really, the housing stock in this country should be considered part of the public trust. Investing in it for profit by corporations should be regulated out of existence.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Really, the housing stock in this country should be considered part of the public trust. Investing in it for profit by corporations should be regulated out of existence.
    theres plenty of housing, just not where people want to live

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    theres plenty of housing, just not where people want to live
    Where is there an oversupply? I assume prices are way down there.

And when the government housing public servant decides that your home will be in unit 81c in a 5000 unit housing block in Bowling Green Kentucky....will you be upset that its not in Aspen or Breck?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    RE going to fall off a cliff and this thread will follow with it.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...?siteid=yhoof2

Probably not good news for people looking to jump into this market. More probable that the big buy to rent companies will swoop in with all cash offers and add to the portfolio. Where you can rent the American dream instead of owning it.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rising-...es-2022-03-20/
    Wow, Cash ready. I was waiting for this Spring, and I tell you, I really can see a cool down. At least stalled prices. But, not yet. Let them squirm.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Spokane is way more achievable for us, but haven't seen anything that appealing since we've been seriously looking there.
    There's a reason for that.

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    And when the government housing public servant decides that your home will be in unit 81c in a 5000 unit housing block in Bowling Green Kentucky....will you be upset that its not in Aspen or Breck?
    What we're seeing now is a relatively recent phenomenon that is hurting the country. Apparently you have not been paying much attention?

Little trip to LA.

Look at this bargain $1.7m for 1800sf!!
    Thats only $8200/month

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...ource=txtshare

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Where is there an oversupply? I assume prices are way down there.
    don’t you occasionally claim to come from the Midwest? Or is that just a pearl to clutch? Outstate Midwest is dieing. Prices are down.

Nobody wants to live in Flint.

But nice lakefront homes are still selling at a premium.

And yet the exact opposite has happened. In a few years there will be fewer and fewer landlords and more and more Landlord Conglomerates.

Tell all your coworkers, aqauintences, relatives, people you don’t like, etc….the ones that don’t even use the outdoors where they live….to embrace their own mediocrity and move to the Midwest where they can finally get a leg up and own a home. if enough people start realizing this, the playing field will start to level. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    Tell all your coworkers, aqauintences, relatives, people you don’t like, etc….the ones that don’t even use the outdoors where they live….to embrace their own mediocrity and move to the Midwest where they can finally get a leg up and own a home. if enough people start realizing this, the playing field will start to level. Just saying.
    What a coincidence, I happen to be doing a branding project for the Indiana Board of Tourism and the slogan they landed on was: “Indiana: Embrace Your Mediocrity”.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    You are not wrong.

I don't know what regulatory mechanism can correct this.

The ultra-have's seem to be fucking blind to the oldest cycle in history: too much disparity = revolution. But these sociopaths are convincing themselves their greed is actually a good thing for the people they are fucking over by means of power and wealth disparity in a way that makes it very permanent in a very very sensitive and important way: housing.

Moderation is the key to social stability. Revolutions suck ass for everyone involved, unless you are a psychopath. Well, psychopaths love to start the revolutions by killing the unpopular sociopaths... and then they keep killing.

Undermine the hope of the American Dream at your own peril (and everyone else's)
    The undermining of the American dream can trace its roots back to the 1970's with wage stagnation.

I'm not here to incite a revolution, but rather point out that if current trends continue, we aren't that far away from one.

When I lived in Indiana Pre-1983 they had a slogan on the license plates that declared Wander Indiana. Their slogans haven't improved.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Little trip to LA.

Look at this bargain $1.7m for 1800sf!!
    Thats only $8200/month

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...ource=txtshare
    Mid-$1m range for a small home in a "cool" neighborhood in LA has been the status quo for a few years now. A yard that size is a bonus in most of the city and an ADU that's already permitted is gold. That neighborhood has also very rapidly become cool. I don't think they'll get asking for that, but it's a better value than just about anything listed in Venice at the moment.

Jezuz. People move to jobs. There are a shitload less jobs in the midwest than there were thirty years ago. That's why RE is cheap. Not everyone is like the TGR elite and can work from the back of any Starbucks.