Page 644 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 ... LastLast
Results 16,076 to 16,100 of 27103
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    And all the time I was looking for a guy with an "Ithaca is Gorges" t-shirt.
    I've got one don't worry
    usually do the willie nelson hair braid when I wear it around town

Ok. Look for a guy with an "Upstate as Fuck" t-shirt. I'll have change.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    i had this hippie handbook from the 70's back in highschool
    it had what hdt woulda needed to do and the costs to build the walden crib back then
    i cant imagine how much thats gone up
    and how fuckin pissed hed be
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

the yuppies kicked the hippies out of nederland decades ago

the yuppies are kicking the white trash out of ward

nothing is sacred anymore

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    i had this hippie handbook from the 70's back in highschool
    it had what hdt woulda needed to do and the costs to build the walden crib back then
    i cant imagine how much thats gone up
    and how fuckin pissed hed be
    Whole Earth Catalogue?
    Divine Rights Trip?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Weren’t you calling the peak and saying rent instead of buy two - three years ago?
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Somebody wins. Somebody loses. There are no free passes. He was wrong and should own it.
    Sure did. I’ve said various times since while I thought such and such the market was moving and giving data points. The pandemic is/was a wild card. It’s only hardened my view that we’re in a melt-up. And 4matic just bought at peak. Enjoy

Local community FB page is all up in arms about the asphalt plant by the dump operating. Loudest voices are the dipshits who just bought in the couple years. This plant has been there since at least the 90's.

As if placing it in a zoned industrial area next to the dump isn't actually the perfect spot for that thing to go.
    Live Free or Die

Based on what I'm seeing in the local RE market, prices are softening. Even the downtown condos that are in very limited supply are getting price drops. I guess the flood of Covid refugees from the big cities are slowing their entry into the Green Mountains or maybe even turning back around after realizing that 'you can't find a good bagel' or 'it's so cold'.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    The west has drought, wildfires, hazardous smokey summers, earthquakes, volcanoes, lahers, overcrowded ski areas, overcrowded trailheads, national parks that have turned into gross disneylands, homeless camps in the bigger cities and a few other fun problems I can't think of off the top of my head.

And our home values are going up daily somehow.
    It just goes to show how shitty the Midwest, South, Southeast, and East are.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Local community FB page is all up in arms about the asphalt plant by the dump operating. Loudest voices are the dipshits who just bought in the couple years. This plant has been there since at least the 90's.

As if placing it in a zoned industrial area next to the dump isn't actually the perfect spot for that thing to go.
    there is a shooting range by our dump
    people want it closed down it's been there in one form or another for decades
    so they close the shooting range down and everyone just starts shooting in the woods
    people flipped over a proposed gravel pit cited traffic and trucks on the highway and all kinds of bullshit well now we are going to be hauling aggregate even longer distances
    when you got yours you don't care about anyone else

facebook is a cesspool btw

Quote Originally Posted by RoooR View Post
    So state and local governments haven't passed laws that have severely restricted the supply of housing?
    The government regulates everything. Some industries more than others. FFS, you want people building houses in Yellowstone NP? Please, stop with the nonsense.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    had to google what a zoomer is silly me
    they are the new hate on generation I guess?
    I still like wearing my ok boomer shirt around town if you see me in breck ask for change for a nickel
    Dude, inflation! Time to ask change for a dime.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    The government regulates everything. Some industries more than others. FFS, you want people building houses in Yellowstone NP? Please, stop with the nonsense.
    I like how every response to this is pure hyperbole. If we let developers build apartments and condos in dense downtown areas then surely the next step is toxic waste dumps and houses in national parks!

Real Estate Crash thread

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Sure did. I’ve said various times since while I thought such and such the market was moving and giving data points. The pandemic is/was a wild card. It’s only hardened my view that we’re in a melt-up. And 4matic just bought at peak. Enjoy
    I know I did and said I overpaid 10-15%. It’s not an investment and I consider it more like a Ferrari. If it goes up great if it goes down I enjoy the ride.

Getting ready to rate lock. Maybe today.. was hoping for a big move down in stocks to juice bonds a tick or two.

I like how every response to this is pure hyperbole. !
    On this, you're full of shit. Except in the reflexive case.

I like how every response to this is pure hyperbole. If we let developers build apartments and condos in dense downtown areas then surely the next step is toxic waste dumps and houses in national parks!
    Well, there you go, regulations...Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Well, there you go, regulations...Problem solved.
    It's the regulations preventing building density. Preventing unrelated people from living in the same house.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Whole Earth Catalogue?
    Divine Rights Trip?
    the whole earth catalog sounds familiar im gonna search it was by chapters and the walden thing was in the housing chapter i think
    it was good
    shit made me a lefty
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

It's the regulations preventing building density. Preventing unrelated people from living in the same house.
    There's plenty of places in the US where you can build whatever you want and live how you want to. Problem is people don't want to live there or are not self-sufficient enough to support themselves without others. Except the Amish.

If you can't take care of yourself, maybe you need a few rules to help keep you alive.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    I know I did and said I overpaid 10-15%. It’s not an investment and I consider it more like a Ferrari. If it goes up great if it goes down I enjoy the ride.
    Seriously, not every purchase has to be a fucking investment/bargain. Sometimes I just buy shit because I like it.

Yeah, that’s not hyperbole.

Do yourself a favor and walk away from the ‘puter for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post

That was pretty darn funny, 'please sign our petition for DEQ!' Community page has been pretty darn funny of late, 'it's smoky out do we need to get ready to evacuate?!'

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post

If you can't take care of yourself, maybe you need a few rules to help keep you alive.
    And not allowing me to sell my house to a developer or rent all my extra bedrooms to people I'm not related to does that how exactly?

Moar post-padding: Devine Right, the guy that got everywhere by walking sideways like a crab.

I do think the restrictions on unrelated people is bullshit in general as well. But sometimes, density restrictions are appropriate, that one depends.

It's your government too. Get out there, make some good arguments (we're still waiting) and change the regulations.

Of hyperbole though, your 100% is just a little bit hysterical.