Page 894 of 1072 FirstFirst ... 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 ... LastLast
Results 22,326 to 22,350 of 26794
    They’ve had 100 year mortgages in Japan since the nineties

Trust boomers to find the new and innovative ways to fuck over future generations.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Cap gains tax differences and loopholes in general need to be eliminated.
    Really? Of all the bullshit going on in this country, that is what has you REALLY pissed off?

Trust boomers to find the new and innovative ways to fuck over future generations.
    Feeling a little angry huh? And ya, it is the boomers that want 50 & 100 year loans.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Isn't the daily mail a click bait celebrity gossip rag?

Anyway, reading the article it looks like the UK already has 40y mortgages, and this is an attempt to convert "Generation Rent" into first time buyers.

Hey Ted, did you see the New York Times just did a story about how awesome Bellingham is to visit? I'm sure all the Bham locals are stoked to have that exposure!

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Isn't the daily mail a click bait celebrity gossip rag?

Anyway, reading the article it looks like the UK already has 40y mortgages, and this is an attempt to convert "Generation Rent" into first time buyers.
    I don’t mind the daily Mail.
    It actually has more legit US news than CNN or Faux or Reuters etc.

The right side is all titties and celebs.

The left column is actually decent info sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    The right side is all titties and celebs.
    Their algo knows me all too well!

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Hey Ted, did you see the New York Times just did a story about how awesome Bellingham is to visit? I'm sure all the Bham locals are stoked to have that exposure!
    Yeah, and the local reddit sub was apoplectic.

I get the feeling that the author hasn't actually been here. Go to Whatcom Falls and Cornwall Park? Are they driving a clapped out RV that's also their home? And do they need to score both meth AND heroin? Seems excessive.

Anyone with even a passing knowledge of our massive green space / trail network / wilderness would laugh their ass off at those suggestions.

And she didn't even mention Western's most infamous sculpture: Man Humping Bear
    Name:  EaL-WGWVcAAJRxN.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  50.9 KB

The Horseshoe is a "popular brunch spot"? lol, there's no way she ever sat in one of those booths.

Even the pictures weren't even remotely representative of what it's like here. Honestly, this was a collection of Bellingham 'institutions', ocean views, and the recently-reviewed-elsewhere. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if the entire piece was fabricated from other people's social media, and interviewing her friend who visited once.

The bear seems to be enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Really? Of all the bullshit going on in this country, that is what has you REALLY pissed off?

Feeling a little angry huh? And ya, it is the boomers that want 50 & 100 year loans.
    Boomers are the shitheads likely coming up with this stuff and causing the crises we see in affordability as they've just been asleep at the wheel in terms of ensuring any level of useful housing growth. Most are too busy nimbying it up.

As far as cap gains - income is income. Why should a stockbroker or rich person pay less because of the vehicle they happen to use?
    It's just dumb incentives for finance people to be ev n bigger fucksticks

Boomers are the shitheads likely coming up with this stuff and causing the crises we see in affordability as they've just been asleep at the wheel in terms of ensuring any level of useful housing growth. Most are too busy nimbying it up.

As far as cap gains - income is income. Why should a stockbroker or rich person pay less because of the vehicle they happen to use?
    It's just dumb incentives for finance people to be ev n bigger fucksticks
    Boomers are hitting retirement. These products are likely the result of a bunch of GenXers at this point.

Whatever floats your anger Schuss. I have much bigger fish scaring the fuck out of me.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Visiting and living are two different things. NYC is a nice place to visit. Wouldn't want to live there.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Huh, I am not really even a fan of the visit. Out of the city has some beautiful places to be.

Whatever floats your anger Schuss. I have much bigger fish scaring the fuck out of me.
    Anger is useless, just calling a spade a spade here. There's no reason cap gains should be a preferential mechanism to salary and you can't exactly pin the last 20 years of policy decisions on gen x or millennials.

I have no desire to explain economic policy to you. Think about it though, for most people a home is their #1 way to accumulate wealth. Policy is set up to encourage home ownership whether you agree or not.

Once you go to 50 or 100 year mortgage you’re just a renter. All your wealth only comes from inflation.
    Which is huge these days.

Loving my 20 year commercial loans. Will be pure gravy no debt pretty soon.

I have no desire to explain economic policy to you. Think about it though, for most people a home is their #1 way to accumulate wealth. Policy is set up to encourage home ownership whether you agree or not.
    Any lose wealth also? It's a leveraged tax advantaged investment that you happen to live in. I'm not sure why we as a society undersell the downside risk. Besides HELOCs and 2nds, the only way to convert home equity into cash is to sell. But then you need a place to live.

vanlife.!.?

The exclusion on home sales after you live in places and roll it into others is enough. You don't need the additional rate carve out for all cap gains.

The exclusion on home sales after you live in places and roll it into others is enough. You don't need the additional rate carve out for all cap gains.
    The delay of Capital Gains has nothing to do with the other owner occ exclusion. Again, both these policies are in effect to encourage people to buy a primary residence or to move the equity from an initial smaller rental into larger rentals (units) which is a benefit to all (owners & tenants). Most tenants would rather deal with a private owner rather than corporate owners. If you are so damn smart, get a job that effects policy.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    vanlife.!.?
    Van life.

Also consider the downside risk of your wife wanting a 70k accent wall and other stupid shit.

The van house combo is money when you Airbnb your house and chill in the van. Owned a house for 8 years recently never paid any bill. Was plus a few grand each year.

Live laugh love.

The delay of Capital Gains has nothing to do with the other owner occ exclusion. Again, both these policies are in effect to encourage people to buy a primary residence or to move the equity from an initial smaller rental into larger rentals (units) which is a benefit to all (owners & tenants). Most tenants would rather deal with a private owner rather than corporate owners. If you are so damn smart, get a job that effects policy.
    I'd rather not take the pay cut. You are completely missing my point. Primarily investment bankers, real estate developers and some others get paid and taxed through primarily through capital gains. We've decided that it's somehow a magically different stream of income that should be taxed less, therefore saying that those are more important than any other number of professions.
    I'd also say that "house as store of wealth" is a real shitty thing in a lot of cases, as people are just looking to not commute hours to work and someone is sitting on an empty apartment as an investment vehicle. I'd also argue with your point of "people want a private landlord" as it really depends - plenty of private landlords with 1-2 properties that are complete shitheads and terrible to deal with - I know as I've had one of them.

Capital gains tax is used for lots of assets other than homes such as stocks, bonds and other purely financial mechanisms.
    I think a lot of us could support a restriction of CG taxes status to primary homes.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Yeah, and the local reddit sub was apoplectic.

I get the feeling that the author hasn't actually been here.
    I feel like I've been to Bellingham a fair bit and I'd never heard of most of the places the author suggested, which seemed a bit strange.