Page 335 of 1083 FirstFirst ... 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 ... LastLast
Results 8,351 to 8,375 of 27073
    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Sorry pal, all the affordable housing now is deed restricted. Maybe in 20 years
    Man, you don't get it. If there's a depression, everything up there will be affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Man, you don't get it. If there's a depression, everything up there will be affordable.
    No, I get it, I was around for the last one. I bought during it. But this is not a complex financial crisis caused directly by a housing bubble. At least not yet.

Shit, Bunny, maybe you'll be my neighbor. Come on out. Just pick up your dog shit.

I'm not talking 2008. I'm talking 1929. Or, at least, 1990.

I have (4) 36 acre parcels listed up in Nederland, meeting a new buyer tomorrow and another serious inquiry yesterday. Remote but accessible land could be wildly popular when everyone is allowed to leave the cities. One still employed buyer looking for a house but nothing available. Other Boulder buyers on hold for various reasons.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I hear ya bro. My hope is there are anti virals that will roll out in the next few months, that will make the symptoms a lot less intense for those who get sickest now. With that, people will have to get back to work while the old stay away from everyone. If this goes on for 3 months, the economy and so many people are fucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    why wouldn’t you risk losing a couple grand in earnest money to save tens of thousands?
    Earnest money tends to be a lot more than a couple grand around here. I'm representing a seller and the buyer couldn't close at the last minute. Earnest money was 14K for a condo in the upper 300's.

Just had to x post this thing from the stock market thread. Stunning. And, just think, the stock market is up almost a thousand points on the news!

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    From 282,000 jobless two weeks ago to 3,280,000 jobless today. The peak claim in 2009 was 665,000.

“Boulder real estate never goes down”

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Earnest money tends to be a lot more than a couple grand around here. I'm representing a seller and the buyer couldn't close at the last minute. Earnest money was 14K for a condo in the upper 300's.
    Yep. Offers with less than 5% don't even get a response here. Plus backing out of a contract, will totally alienate the seller.
    It's not like they'll turn around in a month and accept a lower offer from the same asshole, that just backed out of the previous contract.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    It’s very location dependent. We bought a house in NC earlier this year for $325k and only had $3000 in escrow.

My recent earnest money was 3%.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    In CA RE is not an essential service, so the market is dead with no showings. Sure you can look at it on-line, but your going to make an offer sight unseen until you own it?
    We had an all cash offer on our place from a couple in Singapore. RE agent did two showings all face time videos.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    It’s very location dependent. We bought a house in NC earlier this year for $325k and only had $3000 in escrow.
    Totally. I'm on some Facebook groups and there are places where $500 is the norm, no matter what price.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Setting up a Pisgah operations base?

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    Setting up a Pisgah operations base?
    Heh, just an investment property out there for now. Might turn into something different down the road though...

Real Estate Crash thread

If you present an offer lower than 15k / 20k EM around my area you should expected the seller to counter and raise you there. Or more importantly to avoid, pass you over in a multiple offer situation.

Some helpful news today: FNMA & FHLMC announced they will accept a drive by appraisal if the appraiser refuses to enter a property and the escrow/title company I use announced their notaries will go to the clients home and call the client to get the loan docs off the front porch to sign. They will remain on the phone to answer questions until the signed docs are put back on the porch. The clients will then show the notary their drivers license through a window and it is done.

Fucking amazing times, but mortgage business chugs along.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Quote Originally Posted by the artist formerly known as brostoyevski View Post
    Bidding wars amidst lockdowns, this is impressive!
    This gal was in my office put a 1.1M listing up with 24 hrs until lock down / and when the RE showings to be hauled. 3 offers over list in a day.

The business of business must not stop!

More anecdotal RE stuff; house up the street that has been on and off the market the past year, FSBO listing just dropped their price by $25k. I don't think that's going to do anything given the current environment.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

people who are buying in first half of 20/20 will regret it

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    people who are buying in first half of 20/20 will regret it
    When, got a date in mind? I tossed my Magic 8 ball years ago so need some help.

Economy is humming. Didn’t you see the spike in stocks. Autographs to finish the week..

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    “Boulder real estate never goes down”

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    heh.

Never was true, isn't true now.

But the low end is fairly insulated unless shit really goes down the tubes.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    In CA RE is not an essential service, so the market is dead with no showings. Sure you can look at it on-line, but your going to make an offer sight unseen until you own it?
    Sight unseen all cash offers haven't even been unusual in this market for at least 3 years. It's easy in this state to walk within the first 5 days without losing a penny.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    This gal was in my office put a 1.1M listing up with 24 hrs until lock down / and when the RE showings to be hauled. 3 offers over list in a day.
    Same deal at my wife's office. It's nuts.