Page 750 of 1076 FirstFirst ... 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 ... LastLast
Results 18,726 to 18,750 of 26889
    View from my island this afternoon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1635293995.965229.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	2.46 MB 
ID:	390449

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Awesome Harry

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    Same.

Probably still would have bought the house, but some of the obvious shit I’ve found…

Lesson: never take a referral for a home inspection from your own real estate agent.
    Yup. I too learned that lesson the hard way.

Most of real estate is a giant scam, full of scummy fuckwits.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Churn and burn. It's bad enough out there for the little guy, but only getting worse when you are competing against big money for a house. But at some point the algorithm doesn't work.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/housi...130000479.html
    Ugh, gross. In other words, they can use their endless capital to buy up any inventory (and quickly, at that), price any competition out in the process, control the market, then sell it like you buy an iPhone. Help us all...

While real estate has been ripe for disruption for some time now, I didn't expect to see this sort of financial chicanery.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    View from my island this afternoon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1635293995.965229.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	2.46 MB 
ID:	390449

FKNA Harry. Congrats and please share more pics when you get a chance.

You need to change your location on TGR to "My own private island"

Harry, will you be having a house warming party at the new island home? https://www.oregonlive.com/realestat...ing-price.html

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using TGR Forums mobile app

Harry's Island smokeshack tours? Has a nice ring to it.

Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Harry’s Island
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=343856

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Haha: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...lipping-fumble

Money quote:
    Zillow’s roughly 250 active listings in Phoenix are currently priced at 6% less, on average, than what the company paid for the homes. That amounts to a $29,000 discount on the typical property, according to data compiled by Mike DelPrete, a real estate tech strategist and scholar-in-residence at the University of Colorado Boulder.

“Every key metric I’ve seen from Zillow over the past few months just doesn’t make sense,” DelPrete said. “It’s like it’s making decisions two to three months too late relative to the market.”

Time to short Zillow?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Time to short Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Time to short Phoenix.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/zi...er-11635785293

Zillow stock dives after analyst highlights two-thirds of homes bought are underwater
    Last Updated: Nov. 1, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. ET
    First Published: Nov. 1, 2021 at 12:48 p.m. ET

Cities where highest percentage of Zillow owned homes in which list values are below purchase prices are San Diego and Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/zi...er-11635785293

Zillow stock dives after analyst highlights two-thirds of homes bought are underwater
    Last Updated: Nov. 1, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. ET
    First Published: Nov. 1, 2021 at 12:48 p.m. ET

Cities where highest percentage of Zillow owned homes in which list values are below purchase prices are San Diego and Phoenix
    Haha. Somewhere somebody is making a sweet income sitting on his laptop working from "home" and typing shit like this:

“While we do think that [Zillow’s] issues are likely transitory in nature, we do think it highlights the importance of strong property level and market data,” Yruma wrote. “From a [long-term] perspective, we maintain that [Zillow’s] changing customer focus (the agent is the customer in the IMT business vs. the consumer in homes) may for unanticipated (and likely negative) compromises.”

Dude, the fucking stock halved in one of the great housing price bubbles of the post Great Housing Bubble crash. Duh. And he calls that "transitory".

First zillow owned home i found is asking less than zillow paid for it.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

c’mon benny, they just need to re-brand

faq #1
    how will we control the model for bias?

Worm may be turning, or at least has definitely slowed down in a lot of markets.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/9b29...e-cutting.html

“Monthly home value growth has slowed from its record-breaking pace this summer, inventory is up for the fourth month in a row and more sellers are cutting their list price. This all points to less competition for home shoppers, but make no mistake, the housing market remains clearly tilted in favor of sellers,” says Zillow senior economist Jeff Tucker. Indeed, the latest Zillow market report released in October notes a slight softening in for-sale markets, with monthly home value appreciation slowing for the first time since January. The Zillow report also reveals that inventory of for-sale listings rose for the fourth month in a row, along with more sale listings cutting prices, which is beneficial for home shoppers. Looking ahead, Zillow economists expect the typical home in the US to increase in value 4.7% over the next few months, resulting in an increase of 11.7% by August 2022.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Real Estate Crash thread

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Zillow owned house going for less than they paid two months ago.
    https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3...18614239_zpid/
    That was an easy call. Just search there in data. They’d be better off going into the rental business and carrying the losses.

Interesting that the stock is really not that much lower than it was a month ago.

I am just here to say fuck Zillow. I would laugh if those greedy fucks had shot themselves in the foot with a shot gun from about 3 inches away. Ya, buck shot.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I am just here to say fuck Zillow. I would laugh if those greedy fucks had shot themselves in the foot with a shot gun from about 3 inches away. Ya, buck shot.
    You can at least laugh at them since they're shutting down their whole ibuyer thing and laying off people in that division. https://www.geekwire.com/2021/zillow...-bet-falters/?

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    That was an easy call. Just search there in data. They’d be better off going into the rental business and carrying the losses.

Interesting that the stock is really not that much lower than it was a month ago.
    You should expand your timeline a little. Like, within the recent WFH Pandemic Gotta Have It RE Bubble. Talk about bucking the trend.

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 6.44.59 PM.png
Views: 509
Size:  80.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    You can at least laugh at them since they're shutting down their whole ibuyer thing and laying off people in that division. https://www.geekwire.com/2021/zillow...-bet-falters/?
    Crazy how fast this played out for me since I didn't even know Zillow was in the home-buying business until last week and now they aren't any more. Oh well.

Real Estate Crash thread

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    You should expand your timeline a little. Like, within the recent WFH Pandemic Gotta Have It RE Bubble. Talk about bucking the trend.

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 6.44.59 PM.png
Views: 509
Size:  80.3 KB
    First I’ve seen of this today on the news feed. Hilarious is an understatement. I wonder how many people who bought on in March ‘20 actually sold at or near peak, that woulda been a nice little ride.

So...what does this say about the accuracy of the Zestimate? Are all their estimated sale prices inflated?

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    So...what does this say about the accuracy of the Zestimate? Are all their estimated sale prices inflated?
    I don't think it's that their estimates were inflated. It's that they failed to accurately predict market trends and overpaid (I think they've been paying over their published estimated).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Name:  Screenshot 2021-11-02 192144.png
Views: 465
Size:  47.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Name:  Screenshot 2021-11-02 192144.png
Views: 465
Size:  47.4 KB
    Good opportunity for some vulture capitalist slum lord billionaires to cash in.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch