Page 535 of 1084 FirstFirst ... 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 ... LastLast
Results 13,351 to 13,375 of 27076
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Dood you're crushing it. What is your secret?
    Positive thoughts. AKA vibes. You got to be in it to win it. Which seems to be the mindset of those making all cash offers on houses these days.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

This will probably crash when the all clear sounds and WFH becomes 9-5 again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    And as for anything outside of Jackson being unaffordable, the benefits of WY tax residency for remote workers cannot be understated. Prices are stupid in Driggs and Victor, but even more so in Alta for that reason.
    Good grief! https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...71548088_zpid/
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    This will probably crash when the all clear sounds and WFH becomes 9-5 again.
    You keep saying that, but I don't think you understand how much of a shift has happened. Sure, some companies are going to call people back to the office, but many will not. Old school companies have started having major issues hiring talent and they are caving to remote work.

I know a good number of newly minted perma remote people.

As I have said, when you reach 50, you'll learn that nothing is permanent.

It's not as though LinkedIn replaced face to face networking. May never will.

Truth. I would love to go back and drill that into 20-year-old me.

Even when your posts have an undeniable grain of truth to them, you are still just the absolute most insufferable striving middle-management bitchass to ever post on TGR.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    You are just the absolute most insufferable middle-management bitchass to ever post on TGR.
    Great irony in that he started this “crash” thread how many years ago?
    . . .

Old school companies have started having major issues hiring talent and they are caving to remote work.
    Luckily, this is not the objective of for profit entities. If it works, so be it, but if profitability suffer and the competition isn't WFH, Lumberg is gonna make the call.

None of us knows what the future will bring and there are certainly changes that will stick. That said, there is a lot of "talent" (sounds like strippers) that is overpaid for what it does. Markets frequently go where they can inflict the most pain on the most people. The labor market is not insulated from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    You may not always like the message, but don't kill the messenger.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Even when your posts have an undeniable grain of truth to them, you are still just the absolute most insufferable striving middle-management bitchass to ever post on TGR.
    Nailed it.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    16, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Luckily, this is not the objective of for profit entities. If it works, so be it, but if profitability suffer and the competition isn't WFH, Lumberg is gonna make the call.

None of us knows what the future will bring and there are certainly changes that will stick. That said, there is a lot of "talent" (sounds like strippers) that is overpaid for what it does. Markets frequently go where they can inflict the most pain on the most people. The labor market is not insulated from this.
    I'm surprised that people are so smug about this WFH thing, when it is perfecting a technology that allows a South Asian or even fluent English speaking Chinese person do pretty much the same thing, like when they took all the manufacturing jobs and then a lot of software jobs and then a lot of financial industry jobs and even lawyering jobs. At a much lower compensation, and they arent distracted by a powder day or are itching to get out and bike, because they are ambitious as fuck, and want what we have.

Hey man, c'mon. With age comes experience. Once you hit a certain age, you get into what I call the no second chance zone. Fucking up or just plain bad luck has a higher cost. Then there's good old ageism. I understand that, I wouldn't hire an older person over a younger person of equal abilities, either. Capitalism can really suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    You keep saying that, but I don't think you understand how much of a shift has happened. Sure, some companies are going to call people back to the office, but many will not. Old school companies have started having major issues hiring talent and they are caving to remote work.

I know a good number of newly minted perma remote people.
    I’m looking hard at this trend as we will be looking to move in 4 years or so. Landing a WFH job for me opens up a lot of possibilities.

On the flip side, Benny has a point about offshoring jobs, but I can’t see that impacting me much.

16, thank you.
    Fuckkk

You must be old.

I’m just getting younger and less salty.

Now get off my irrigated two million dollar lawn,!!
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Wow. Over $1k/sq ft ...and for what?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Wow. Over $1k/sq ft ...and for what?
    A Jackson, WY zip code.

I'm actually agreeing with benny on this. Keep thinking that what you're doing on fucking computer is a "talent", but it's not long until lots of companies figure out that they can find people to do the same shit for a lot less, at home or not, and there's gonna be a lot of talented people out of work. Or at least that's what the rest of us are hoping.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    ...there's gonna be a lot of talented people out of work. Or at least that's what the rest of us are hoping.
    not that I have any, but why exactly do you want talented people to be out of work?

It’s not like a scenario where all of the jobs get offshored is good for those who don’t work on a computer either.

As I mentioned a few posts ago my neighbor got $50k more than I paid for my house and it’s 2200 sqft compared to 3,400, and it NEEDS a new kitchen and a bunch of other stuff. So one of the potential buyers who lost out on the neighbors house drops by and offers me 25% over what I paid for it. We closed the end of Feb 2021... Apparently his realtor sent him the listing on our house but they were on vacation, he forgot about it, and his wife is pissed because he never showed her. I said thanks but I have a baby due next month and I’m pretty sure moving anytime soon would be suicide. He offered we could stay for 6 months free after closing...

Man if there was ever an offer to gamble on the market dropping living 6 months for free is a pretty nice way of doing it. I still think I’m a no though.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Don't do it. 6 months is gonna fly by, you'll have a baby, yikes.

And houses might be 10% more then.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Real Estate Crash thread

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    As I mentioned a few posts ago my neighbor got $50k more than I paid for my house and it’s 2200 sqft compared to 3,400, and it NEEDS a new kitchen and a bunch of other stuff. So one of the potential buyers who lost out on the neighbors house drops by and offers me 25% over what I paid for it. We closed the end of Feb 2021... Apparently his realtor sent him the listing on our house but they were on vacation, he forgot about it, and his wife is pissed because he never showed her. I said thanks but I have a baby due next month and I’m pretty sure moving anytime soon would be suicide. He offered we could stay for 6 months free after closing...

Man if there was ever an offer to gamble on the market dropping living 6 months for free is a pretty nice way of doing it. I still think I’m a no though.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Tempting for sure, but I’d stay put. Congrats on the baby!