Page 880 of 1076 FirstFirst ... 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 ... LastLast
Results 21,976 to 22,000 of 26889
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Guess it depends on your definition of quite a few. That level of household income puts them in the top 10% overall in the US.
    Milennial friends of mine have the as follow jobs, not inheritence, not from money.
    1. 34 y/o woman petroleum engineer, masters, $280k last year as a contractor. Paid off her school of mine's debt by 30
    2. 37 y/o electrical engineer, has MBA, director of start up. $190k
    3. 36 y/o significant other of ^, MBA, upper management consulting. $240k
    4. 38 y/o finance major/ex FBI agent/ex marine, project manager for space industry currently in the $180-200k range, has a wife that's a nurse
    5. 36 y/o fire captain, makes $130k salary for a city, works another $10-15k per year OT, has vet disability @ 2k tax free per month.
    So, you crunch the numbers here. None of these people came from money, or inheritence, they just work hard and are smart. All can afford $4k a month mortgages in their 30's

Yup, I run into buyers like that all day long. Most are in tech jobs, both earning about $150k a year, which really isn't much for their industries, so upside earnings are there. I feel badly for people that didn't have the guidance and/or the ambition to do well, as in the USA, opportunities to make bank are there.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Real Estate Crash thread

not everyone worships the dollar.
    I mean I definitely do, but I know some people intimately, ahem husband, who DGAF about “making bank”
    Ironically because this is his attitude, he sorta makes bank
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    not everyone worships the dollar.
    Any adult given the choice between a $40k a year job and a $200k job will pick the later. Problem is, they were not prepared or motivated enough on their own to pursue a career that could get them there early in life. Once they are in their 30's, they very likely missed it. It sucks, but that is the way it goes for so many people. Poor or no planning.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Real Estate Crash thread

not true but I get that it’s common

but I’d maybe narrow the range to 75k-200k. that is more of a potentially low stress vs high stress job range.
    hard to live on 40k so that’s a bit extreme for the comparison
    skid luxury

I know we have had the "cash buyers aren't always cash buyers" discussion, but there definitely are plenty of real cash buyers out there. And they don't care nearly as much about the rising cost of loans.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

If you don’t worship the dollar why do you live in Jackson? There’s way cheaper places with nice mountains. They just don’t have worshippers

Real Estate Crash thread

because I like the trails across the street from my house.
    but reading comprehension jong (sorry had to) that’s my husband that doesn’t care about money. I do but mostly bc I like my life and want to maintain it.
    fyi I know I live in a bubble
    skid luxury

I was here years before you jong. You didn’t have to play to the crowd, you wanted to. And you can get great trails lots of other places, but your job is money. Own it. And own the affectation of pretending to not care about money. And if you know you live in a bubble why are you do shittyabout it?

Anyways back to rich assholes wanting pain for poor in the name of the poor

lmk if you need any butt cream bc it sounds like it's hurting real bad
    skid luxury

Man the mods here are on a butthurt role of projection today. Danno you in?

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Any adult given the choice between a $40k a year job and a $200k job will pick the later. Problem is, they were not prepared or motivated enough on their own to pursue a career that could get them there early in life. Once they are in their 30's, they very likely missed it. It sucks, but that is the way it goes for so many people. Poor or no planning.
    I think this may be an oversimplification of why people are in the situations that they are. Life can go in all sorts of different directions and no matter how hard some try, no matter how smart they are they are still going to pick the short straw every time. Life ain't fair and it's a lot tougher on some than others.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    I think this may be an oversimplification of why people are in the situations that they are. Life can go in all sorts of different directions and no matter how hard some try, no matter how smart they are they are still going to pick the short straw every time. Life ain't fair and it's a lot tougher on some than others.

most people don’t get the choice and the ones who claim they do lie

edit: haha babybear do some ski town put down!

Ban dunfree

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Ban dunfree

do it for free speech!

and hurt feefees of losers, god I remember when tgr was trying to pimp this site to sell a portion of their corp to some fool. Same butthurt energy. Even fucking Benny profane had more self awareness

Real Estate Crash thread

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by east or bust; 06-23-2022 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    That house would be 7M in Jackson.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    which one? the one worth $400k elsewhere?
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    If you don’t worship the dollar why do you live in Jackson? There’s way cheaper places with nice mountains. They just don’t have worshippers
    This could be the dumbest post ever on the TETON gravity research forum.

The Tetons are like no other ski mountain. Yeah. It sucks now. But there are still a bunch of skids enjoying the playground. Once upon a time winter was dead and lodging was cheap. Then the billionaires came to town.

But it is still the best range in the USA.

You are 100% correct on the oversimplification and life isn't fair and often throws us a shitty hand. I am not going to go into my situation, but I honestly overcame a bunch because I wanted to be a financial success for my wife and children. I rolled the dice on a commission only job where 1 out of 10 new hires is still in the industry a year later and got really fuckin lucky. The rest is history. I could of just as easily been a $40k a year worker bee if I wasn't motivated to succeed. So ya, life is fickle and if you did good when the odds were against you, it is good to be thankful and kind to others. Just not you cunts

Real Estate Crash thread

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    which one? the one worth $400k elsewhere?
    lol, for some reason things on mobile stay saved if you type it out and don’t post. think I had typed that about a month ago and somehow accidentally posted when viewing the thread today.

finally free!

drink, smoke dope, party like a rock star and fix the hot car belonging to the service managers kid
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    god I remember when tgr.... self awareness
    Always nice to see this thread self correct

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    This could be the dumbest post ever on the TETON gravity research forum.

The Tetons are like no other ski mountain. Yeah. It sucks now. But there are still a bunch of skids enjoying the playground. Once upon a time winter was dead and lodging was cheap. Then the billionaires came to town.

But it is still the best range in the USA.
    Lol

jono, snort some other taint

I thought the Noma exchange was funny.

Only in the padded room could two of TGRs biggest smartasses go at each other over Scandinavian fine dining in a thread about real estate.