Page 918 of 1072 FirstFirst ... 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 ... LastLast
Results 22,926 to 22,950 of 26794
    It’s not crazy for the prime properties, you are just old and out of touch. All of the shit feeder resorts they use to sell passes? Different

My overly optimistic dirtpimp neighbor is awfully quiet these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Vail resorts is paying minimum of $25 hr this season. That’s pretty crazy.
    20$ per hr. Not 25.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    20$ per hr. Not 25.
    Oh shit, you are right. I had it in my head that it was $25. Good. Honestly, if they were paying $25 it would be hard to compete as a business owner. Could cause even more local businesses to close.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post
    We like to obfuscate the base problem of our issues with lots of hand waving about education, incentives, moral failings, blah, blah, blah, yet it almost always can be boiled down to the same thing:

The inexorable sucking sound that is wealth inequality.
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I would like to live in a world where it is mostly possible and if not then I still want those people to have access to healthcare, a good education for the children, housing they can afford, food, etc. There is no reason the USA can not provide this to all except for corporate greed and politicians doing what is best for their donors, not the people they represent.
    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    ~20% of households with children <18 have a household income <$40k. It’s about a million people more than the tgr messageboard group >$200k
    ^^^The problem explained

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/25/u...smid=share-url

Not surprisingly, lots of builders ready to point fingers at regulation for the lack of non-dentist-level housing, but I think the article probably also undersells population growth (and movement) and overlooks expectations of the would-be buyer (they quote one who regularly sees places for sale she likes while driving by and then pulls up listings to her disappointment; by now, she ought to realize that if it looks nice, it's out of her price range).

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

The expectations of the would-be buyer is a big one. I think my generation (millennial), at least in the middle class, expect to be able to afford a SFR in a desirable location. In much of the developed world this really isn't the case, and we just need to modify our expectations to higher density solutions.

Officially north of 7% on a 30 year.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2022-09-27 at 12.54.56 PM.png
Views: 619
Size:  56.8 KB

Will be interesting to see what happens as the tide goes out.

Quote Originally Posted by NWFlow View Post
    The expectations of the would-be buyer is a big one. I think my generation (millennial), at least in the middle class, expect to be able to afford a SFR in a desirable location. In much of the developed world this really isn't the case, and we just need to modify our expectations to higher density solutions.
    This. In most of the world a home with a yard is the exception not the rule.

Densification can and will bring prices down, but NIMBYisim, and local zoning rules make that all but a dream.

My town drones on and on about affordable housing, but is fighting tooth and nail a development which will bring 500 units right into the heart of downtown on a property that is currently abandoned. 500 units is a large percentage of our current housing stock, and as a landlord I will have to react to stay competitive especially if the new units come online anywhere near the price of my older units.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Not 7% for most people, but still way up there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2022-09-27 123046.png 
Views:	93 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	427788
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

^what is up with the delta between what mortgage news daily reports and the rates that you can quote?

Would you be able to lock at 6.5% on a 30 year today? Would you need to add some broker margin above 6.5% to make it worth your time?

Edit- or are there rate differences between states?

I think we may have covered this before and CA had better rates than elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Officially north of 7% on a 30 year.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2022-09-27 at 12.54.56 PM.png
Views: 619
Size:  56.8 KB

Will be interesting to see what happens as the tide goes out.
    Does that mean the millions of newly minted RE agents will need to get real jobs? Sad!

^what is up with the delta between what mortgage news daily reports and the rates that you can quote?

Would you be able to lock at 6.5% on a 30 year today? Would you need to add some broker margin above 6.5% to make it worth your time?

Kevo, I have no idea why there is the disconnect other than that source is not competitive. What I am showing with that quote was 6.5% with a $319 credit to the borrowers fees and my comp of $4,200 is included and paid by the investor on a 30 day lock. At 7% there was a $7k credit back to the buyer which would likely cover all costs and impounds if so desired.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

The 30YRFRM reported on CNBC all the time is some Freddie Mac reported number. No clue how its calculated.

Real Estate Crash thread

Mortgage News Daily is a true national average for the 30-year. That includes the bullshit national big banks who quote really high rates and fees because people actually shop around for a mortgage remarkably infrequently. Mortgage News Daily also includes rates for people who have less than perfect credit.

If TGR people are signing for rates above mortgage News daily then they are doing it wrong or don’t have an ideal credit profile. liv2ski from what I’ve seen usually puts up very competitive offerings.

7% mortgages. Things going back to normal. Now if only CD rates would do likewise...
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Just buy the 2 year treasury yield. Fuck bank CDs

Tomorrow night we should pending any more fuck-arounds close on the sale of our house. Is there any meaningful way to leave feedback / rate a buyer's agent for fuckwadery.

Some examples:

- Accessed our house without our permission while under contract 3x.
    - Submitted an inspection objection with trivially false objections (objected that "garage is not useable" because it didn't have an automatic door [it was built as a lift gate and works fine], objected about cracking vinly siding when we have aluminum siding with no cracks, objected that the panel was less than 100A when it is pretty obviously a 125A panel). Best part of the objection was they stated these things...and provided no clarity on what they wanted for a resolution.

And the kicker was this morning when post walk through they bitched about us leaving them a couple wire shelving units, touch up paint, extra laminate countertops in the garage and insisted we remove them. We went over there to do it....and lo and behold they had taken the lock box and all the keys in the house which we had left (not expecting to go over again) -- effectively taking possession of our house prior to the contact date/closing tomorrow.

The buyers are first time homebuyers. It seems that the agent is just a karen who doesn't know how to set expectations on what it means to buy a move-in ready but 78-year old SFH house in Denver on a large lot for <500k.

On the rates topic...the 5% we got for $400 of points a month ago is looking damn good.

You gonna tell them to go piss up a rope?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

My buddy built a spec house. The buyer's agent read the rise/run of the roof with an app on his iPhone and jeopardized the whole sale telling the buyer that the house was not built to code, not up to handle snow load etc even though the house had just passed inspection and received a CO. Dude was from FL.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    You gonna tell them to go piss up a rope?
    No, because I want out of the house and the price they're under contract to close on tomorrow makes it not worth going back to market.

But I sure would like to bitch loudly about the shitty buyers agent.

Buyers market

Thousands of newly minted real estate agents in the past three years

Deals are falling apart left and right so this agent was desperate to make it happen

Add in a shitty home inspector who got his job training seminar on the back of a match book

Lots of people are going to be insulted this winter what goes up will come down and sharks will swim

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    No, because I want out of the house and the price they're under contract to close on tomorrow makes it not worth going back to market.

You just did, its probably not worth your time ^^ assuming you get the money, take the money and run
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    I wonder if she has a website that allows for reviews? She will take the review down, but the post will annoy her. Maybe her office has a website you can post comments to. Good way for her broker to get a heads up she needs more training.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    You just did, its probably not worth your time ^^ assuming you get the money, take the money and run
    It's not worth my time to post here, but bitching is still fun. And she clearly violated NAR Code of Ethics in taking keys which provide access to a house that is not hers to posses.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I wonder if she has a website that allows for reviews? She will take the review down, but the post will annoy her. Maybe her office has a website you can post comments to. Good way for her broker to get a heads up she needs more training.
    Yep -- turns out she works for an agency a few blocks from my favorite coffee shop. Maybe I'll drop in to chat with a supervisor full karen style. Or at the very least, post reviews encouraging sellers not to work with this agent in the future.