Page 665 of 1084 FirstFirst ... 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 ... LastLast
Results 16,601 to 16,625 of 27076
    Thinking of dealing with short term tenants always makes my head hurt. I never want to do it. I am happy to get 20% less annually with 80% less work and a LTT.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

paging Skier666
    Last edited by Mokomahonah; 07-22-2021 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tips^Up View Post
    Fun fact: there isn't a home for sale on zillow, in the state of Colorado, for $666,000

In other news, listed our tiny 1-bedroom lock-off for 40% rent increase. Been answering 20 emails a day since last Friday, showing it to 13 parties today and tomorrow, should have 1st, last and security deposit in pocket by this weekend. No LTRs out there at all. Apparently there's this airbnb thing? Have you guys heard of it? Sounds like a lot of work compared to providing stable housing for locals (and never having to clean it ourselves), but I guess a lot of people are doing that thing these days.
    Yeah, what could go wrong with a LTR? Screen carefully my friend.

Bought a house in March. Looked at Redfin this morning and the estimate is 14% higher than our bought price.

I own a condo too. The complex is going through a full remodel over the next 12-16 months (BIG $ special assesment). I'm giving my renters a free month of their choosing for the hassle as windows and doors will be replaced, and the bigass deck will be unusable for over a month. They've been super good so far. I could raise rent by probably 25% next spring, but if they stay lowkey tenants through the winter ill offer same price for another year in the spring. Im covering mortgage plus a couple hundred as-is. Time is starting to be worth a lot of money to me these days so easy tenants is worth losing out on a couple grand per year.

At least it isn't Friday the 13th.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Really just wanted to post here on the Devil's page, but also have a question: home stagers, yea or nay? I'm leaning yea - it seems they're kind of $$$, but I think there's a tiny chance our Ikea shit won't wow the buyers. (TBF, we did get rid of 90% of our Ikea furniture, but those Expedits are super practical)

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Really just wanted to post here on the Devil's page, but also have a question: home stagers, yea or nay? I'm leaning yea - it seems they're kind of $$$, but I think there's a tiny chance our Ikea shit won't wow the buyers. (TBF, we did get rid of 90% of our Ikea furniture, but those Expedits are super practical)
    I'd say in the current market it would be a waste of $$. But don't let me dissuade you.

Post pics of the inside of your house and we'll critique it for you for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Thinking of dealing with short term tenants always makes my head hurt. I never want to do it. I am happy to get 20% less annually with 80% less work and a LTT.
    GF has a great setup for airbnb but she has to be around and do all that work also she didnt make any money during coivd lockdown

My incoe stream stayed the same, I never went in my suite for 4 years, pretty much had the same tennants for 7 yrs and tennent does the flower garden
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

De-cluttering is the most important part of staging.

After that, arranging your furniture to give the impression that the rooms are spacious, so spartan is best.

And really, the listing agent should do it gratis.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Post pics of the inside of your house and we'll critique it for you for free.
    Goddamn, you guys are going to save me so much money, I'm going to buy two new houses.

Definitely the most shipshape room in the house here; I was going to post our crappy bedroom too, but my wife walked in right as I was posting, asked what I was doing and squashed that idea with a vengeance

Edited to add: if anyone is looking in PDX, has a boatload of money, and is dying to buy at the top of the market, let me know

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	living room.JPG 
Views:	194 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	380160

Most staging advice is pretty common sense stuff - declutter, make it look broadly appealing.

Clear all personal items - family pics, fridge magnets, etc. Buyers want to imagine their families there, not your family.

Best advice I got that I wouldn't have thought of was to remove a lot of stuff from closets - make them seem bigger by being kind of empty. If they're crammed full, they look smaller.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Goddamn, you guys are going to save me so much money, I'm going to buy two new houses.

Definitely the most shipshape room in the house here; I was going to post our crappy bedroom too, but my wife walked in right as I was posting, asked what I was doing and squashed that idea with a vengeance

Edited to add: if anyone is looking in PDX, has a boatload of money, and is dying to buy at the top of the market, let me know

Looks pretty damned good, but my standards may be suspect.

So, I need to hide my collection of Taschen "art books" is what you're saying?

So, I need to hide my collection of Taschen "art books" is what you're saying?
    Things we saw during last house shopping, which should have been cleaned up/staged:

- Gigantic collection of beanie babies, proudly displayed in a prominent case.

- In the back yard, a large wooden "A frame" type of structure with a cross beam... from which dangled a solitary broken rope, as if the noose broke during the last hanging.

Coved ceilings. Built in the 50s?

I was going to post our crappy bedroom too, but my wife walked in right as I was posting, asked what I was doing and squashed that idea with a vengeance
    In that case, we need nekkid pics of your wife.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Lose the place mats.

We learned a lot on our last sale. All previous advice is spot on.

In this photo, try removing that 5th dining chair, whatever is plugged in on the immediate left. Remove plant and light from living room area. Re-take the photo and look at the difference.

The living room seating area looks cramped from this angle, but besides potentially removing one of the chairs, I have no ideas.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

For that dining room, specifically - does it look larger if you remove the rug?

Real Estate Crash thread

Don’t like em.. they ain’t our kind

https://apple.news/AfreXH2AjRA2LtIYmEln67A

I was going to say move the couch to face the fireplace and remove one (or both) chairs.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Things we saw during last house shopping, which should have been cleaned up/staged:

- Gigantic collection of beanie babies, proudly displayed in a prominent case.

- In the back yard, a large wooden "A frame" type of structure with a cross beam... from which dangled a solitary broken rope, as if the noose broke during the last hanging.
    Takeaways:
    - Display beanie babies outside the case.
    - Replace the noose.

Raise the blinds, mo light is mo better. Ditch the plant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Takeaways:
    - Display beanie babies outside the case.
    - Replace the noose.
    Precisely. Spread out the beanie babies everywhere, like elf on the shelf.

And nothing sells a house like a freshly tied noose.